UCLA?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Veritas

Re: UCLA?

Postby Veritas » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:48 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Richard Rorty wrote:Why is UCLA taking so long? I almost forgot that I applied to them...3 months and not a peep. I'd seriously consider them too, if they got back to me anytime soon...

I recently emailed (been complete since 11/3) and they said I could hear anytime between now and the end of April.

Jesus, end of April? That scares me. Although, I wouldn't mind at all waiting that long for an acceptance. I'd just hate to throw money away on another school on a deposit.

Yea, I mentioned that, too. They, obviously, encouraged me to play it safe, which I will do.

roundabout

Postby roundabout » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:02 pm

Tried looking through a few pages and gave up- if no scholly info in my admit pack, does that mean no merit scholarship?

Good luck to everyone still waiting! If I were on LSN, I'd be the lone green in a sea of yellow (169/3.5ish), so don't lose hope.

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:34 pm

roundabout wrote:Tried looking through a few pages and gave up- if no scholly info in my admit pack, does that mean no merit scholarship?

Good luck to everyone still waiting! If I were on LSN, I'd be the lone green in a sea of yellow (169/3.5ish), so don't lose hope.

+1 to both parts of your post. :) I definitely did not receive a merit scholarship and we have the same numbers.

weee

Postby weee » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:30 pm

Hopefullawstudent wrote:
roundabout wrote:Tried looking through a few pages and gave up- if no scholly info in my admit pack, does that mean no merit scholarship?

+1 to both parts of your post. :) I definitely did not receive a merit scholarship and we have the same numbers.

From what I understand, they are still considering scholarships and a lot of that has to do with waiting to hear back from those students who they have already offered the money, so pretty please to anyone who got offered money and is DEFINITELY not going to UCLA and UCLA's money doesn't help you in future negotiations, if you would be so kind, withdraw. Please :)

SHARK WEEK!

Postby SHARK WEEK! » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:03 pm

weee wrote:
Hopefullawstudent wrote:

From what I understand, they are still considering scholarships and a lot of that has to do with waiting to hear back from those students who they have already offered the money, so pretty please to anyone who got offered money and is DEFINITELY not going to UCLA and UCLA's money doesn't help you in future negotiations, if you would be so kind, withdraw. Please :)

+1 :)

OneKnight

Postby OneKnight » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:09 pm

The silence is deafening...

SHARK WEEK!

Postby SHARK WEEK! » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:10 pm

weee wrote:
Hopefullawstudent wrote:

+1 :)

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:04 pm

I think that equals +2, SharkWeek.

SHARK WEEK!

Postby SHARK WEEK! » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:31 pm

Jericwithers wrote:I think that equals +2, SharkWeek.

Ha. I guess so. I don't know why it double posted.. perhaps my exuberance got the best of me... :oops:

Cali167

Postby Cali167 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:33 am

Approaching 4 month marker (complete 12/8)...At this point I get that they don't want me, I'm just hoping they take me anyway.

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:36 am

weee wrote:
Hopefullawstudent wrote:

I honestly wouldn't have thought about twice and just gone to the ASDs for the hell of it; but your post has changed my mind. I will withdraw tomorrow...

jay115

Postby jay115 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:06 am

Hopefullawstudent wrote:Anyone know what the application volume is like at UCLA this year?

Dean Schwartz (and others) told us at ASD that 9K applied to UCLA. Last year, 8K applied to UCLA, so if my math is right it's a little over 11% increase in applications. I'm surprised; I would think UCLA would be able to match Cornell's increase (which was around 50%). Then again: --LinkRemoved--

weee

Postby weee » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:47 am

TheWire wrote:
weee wrote:
Hopefullawstudent wrote:

I honestly wouldn't have thought about twice and just gone to the ASDs for the hell of it; but your post has changed my mind. I will withdraw tomorrow...

Well, that is darn polite of you, and it might just help someone out who really wants/needs it!

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:53 am

jay115 wrote:
Hopefullawstudent wrote:Anyone know what the application volume is like at UCLA this year?

Dean Schwartz (and others) told us at ASD that 9K applied to UCLA. Last year, 8K applied to UCLA, so if my math is right it's a little over 11% increase in applications. I'm surprised; I would think UCLA would be able to match Cornell's increase (which was around 50%). Then again: --LinkRemoved--

Cornell also changed their app requirements, no more Deans Certificate. Path of least resistance. I know the Yale 250 stopped me from applying there lol.

tara_law

Postby tara_law » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:55 am

I was wait listed :) with 155/3.78, masters in human rights law, killer LORs, a great personal statement and 2 years of human rights work at a University in Norway and in collaboration with various UN agencies.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:26 am

hmm, still being ignored by ucla. complete 1/28. how can i possibly visit from ny if i don't hear before an ASD?

violaboy

Postby violaboy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:02 pm

Withdrew today. Good luck to everyone.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:03 pm

tara_law wrote:I was wait listed :) with 155/3.78, masters in human rights law, killer LORs, a great personal statement and 2 years of human rights work at a University in Norway and in collaboration with various UN agencies.

how did you find out? sounds like you have some very interesting factors.

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:05 pm

hannah87 wrote:hmm, still being ignored by ucla. complete 1/28. how can i possibly visit from ny if i don't hear before an ASD?

+1 Same complete date, still not a peep from UCLA.

lt0826

Postby lt0826 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:25 pm

tara_law wrote:I was wait listed :) with 155/3.78, masters in human rights law, killer LORs, a great personal statement and 2 years of human rights work at a University in Norway and in collaboration with various UN agencies.

Wow. I am very interested in human rights law, would love to know more about your experiences.

jwking

Postby jwking » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:07 pm

got the call from dean schwartz this afternoon at work!
I appreciated the personal call, but was little surprised about it coming to the office.

3.58 / 168 - i'm an older applicant with plenty of WE, turning 30 this summer.

OneKnight

Postby OneKnight » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:20 am

Being wait listed with a 155/anything is EPIC. Well done, hopefully you'll make it off the WL!

SDWaterBaby

Postby SDWaterBaby » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:24 am

jwking wrote:got the call from dean schwartz this afternoon at work!
I appreciated the personal call, but was little surprised about it coming to the office.

3.58 / 168 - i'm an older applicant with plenty of WE, turning 30 this summer.

Do you mind sharing when you went complete? Thanks in advance!

DallasCowboy

Postby DallasCowboy » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:08 am

Complete 11/9. Not a peep.

macaulian

Postby macaulian » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:06 am

My file was complete 3/1. 178, 3.04, 2 yr we as teacher

First, does this mean I wont be hearing anything until the very last day,
Second, do I have no chance now that so many people have already been admitted?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”