UCLA?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jmhendri

Re: UCLA?

Postby jmhendri » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:24 pm

ding... very much expected and I'm greatful the ding came during a week in which I had some good news to distract myself with.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:33 pm

jmhendri wrote:ding... very much expected and I'm greatful the ding came during a week in which I had some good news to distract myself with.

I'm sorry to hear.

how did it come, when and where? (sry I'm kind of in limbo with UCLA)

Jacinda

Postby Jacinda » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:45 pm

Is UCLA sending out RDs yet?

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:47 pm

Jacinda wrote:Is UCLA sending out RDs yet?

Yes.

jmhendri

Postby jmhendri » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:52 pm

Veritas wrote:
jmhendri wrote:ding... very much expected and I'm greatful the ding came during a week in which I had some good news to distract myself with.

I'm sorry to hear.

It came in the mail to my house in San Diego on Sat. 1/30. Probablt one of the more harsh rejections I've gotten.

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:54 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jmhendri

Postby jmhendri » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:05 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:Harsh? How so? What did they say?

They were just pretty blunt. They didn't try to soften the blow by first mentioning the excessive and highly competitive applicant pool or much of that filler.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:12 pm

jmhendri wrote:
Veritas wrote:

I'm sorry to hear.

It came in the mail to my house in San Diego on Sat. 1/30. Probablt one of the more harsh rejections I've gotten.

hmmm I'm in SD, hopefully out of the clear.

jmhendri

Postby jmhendri » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:16 pm

Veritas wrote:
jmhendri wrote:
Veritas wrote:

I'm sorry to hear.

hmmm I'm in SD, hopefully out of the clear.

Well good luck. It would have been nice to stay in so cal and attend a top tier school, but I'm really getting excited about the far away possibilities.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:24 pm

jmhendri wrote:
Well good luck. It would have been nice to stay in so cal and attend a top tier school, but I'm really getting excited about the far away possibilities.

thanks!

and it's funny cause I started really excited about outside options but now all I want to do it work out something in state.

UFMatt

Postby UFMatt » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:51 pm

Rejection letter in the mail today in Florida. I applied late October after getting a fee waiver. LSAT~75%, GPA a little below 25%, so not too much of a surprise. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

ilovelawapps

Postby ilovelawapps » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:38 pm

Does anyone know when they start taking people off the wait list? It's my first choice and I got waitlisted and want to tell them I will unequivocally attend if they offer me a spot but haven't heard back from a number of schools yet (basically just for scholarship/money reasons).

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:08 am

ilovelawapps wrote:Does anyone know when they start taking people off the wait list? It's my first choice and I got waitlisted and want to tell them I will unequivocally attend if they offer me a spot but haven't heard back from a number of schools yet (basically just for scholarship/money reasons).

Hm. I searched LSN for this answer and I was left a bit confused. It looks like they started accepting some people early March. Is this correct (anyone)?

Anyway, if you want to communicate your unequivocal desire to attend, just do it now!

Good luck,

-HL

gymboree

Postby gymboree » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:11 am

ding via snail mail. not surprising with my LSAC GPA.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:19 am

Hopefullawstudent wrote:
ilovelawapps wrote:Does anyone know when they start taking people off the wait list? It's my first choice and I got waitlisted and want to tell them I will unequivocally attend if they offer me a spot but haven't heard back from a number of schools yet (basically just for scholarship/money reasons).

Hm. I searched LSN for this answer and I was left a bit confused. It looks like they started accepting some people early March. Is this correct (anyone)?

Anyway, if you want to communicate your unequivocal desire to attend, just do it now!

Good luck,

-HL

This part is totally credited. My only word of caution is not to say something unequivocal if it's not unequivocal; I couldn't tell from the rest of your post.

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:22 am

managamy wrote:
Hopefullawstudent wrote:

Good luck,

-HL

This part is totally credited. My only word of caution is not to say something unequivocal if it's not unequivocal; I couldn't tell from the rest of your post.

Yeah, bolded is really important.

jay115

Postby jay115 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:32 am

boilercat wrote:
managamy wrote:
Hopefullawstudent wrote:

Good luck,

-HL

Yeah, bolded is really important.

+1

When I toured UCLA, I was told that because UCLA waitlists so many people, it's important to emphasize that UCLA is your first choice and that you would unequivocally accept if you were offered a seat. I came away from the discussion with the belief that if you don't establish that UCLA isn't your first choice, you won't be offered a seat. This is probably even more true this year with the influx of even more qualified applicants.

I believe March is correct (that's the deadline to accept UCLA's offer for RD applicants) and people can be taken off the waitlist up until classes start.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:42 am

jay115 wrote:

+1

When I toured UCLA, I was told that because UCLA waitlists so many people, it's important to emphasize that UCLA is your first choice and that you would unequivocally accept if you were offered a seat. I came away from the discussion with the belief that if you don't establish that UCLA is[strike]n't[/strike] your first choice, you won't be offered a seat. This is probably even more true this year with the influx of even more qualified applicants.

I believe March is correct (that's the deadline to accept UCLA's offer for RD applicants) and people can be taken off the waitlist up until classes start.

I think that you mean the opposite of what you originally said in the bolded part, which reads like an LSAT question with the triple negative. Is it fixed properly with the strike?

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:44 am

managamy wrote:
jay115 wrote:

+1

When I toured UCLA, I was told that because UCLA waitlists so many people, it's important to emphasize that UCLA is your first choice and that you would unequivocally accept if you were offered a seat. I came away from the discussion with the belief that if you don't establish that UCLA isn't your first choice, you won't be offered a seat. This is probably even more true this year with the influx of even more qualified applicants.

I think that you mean the opposite of what you said in the bolded part, which reads like an LSAT question with the triple negative.

Yea. That triple negative made me have a small seizure haha. I think my brain made a noise when I read it.

MURPH

Postby MURPH » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:15 am

Hopefullawstudent wrote:
Yea. That triple negative made me have a small seizure haha. I think my brain made a noise when I read it.

You're gonna love law school. :lol:

jay115

Postby jay115 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:07 am

managamy wrote:
jay115 wrote:

+1

When I toured UCLA, I was told that because UCLA waitlists so many people, it's important to emphasize that UCLA is your first choice and that you would unequivocally accept if you were offered a seat. I came away from the discussion with the belief that if you don't establish that UCLA is[strike]n't[/strike] your first choice, you won't be offered a seat. This is probably even more true this year with the influx of even more qualified applicants.

I think that you mean the opposite of what you originally said in the bolded part, which reads like an LSAT question with the triple negative. Is it fixed properly with the strike?

haha yes

BearTerritory

Postby BearTerritory » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:29 am

For those that receieved their decisions, how long after going complete you guys receive the letter? I have been complete for a few weeks and have no idea when to expect my probable rejection / chance of waitlist / miracle acceptance. thanks

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:22 am

BearTerritory wrote:For those that receieved their decisions, how long after going complete you guys receive the letter? I have been complete for a few weeks and have no idea when to expect my probable rejection / chance of waitlist / miracle acceptance. thanks

If you get in, you'll probably get a phone call before you get the letter. It may take longer now that it did earlier in the cycle because of the greater volume of applications.

ShibaDan

Postby ShibaDan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:38 am

Uhhh...I guess I'm in? I got an e-mail from a 3L congratulating me on my acceptance and talking about student groups, but I haven't heard any word from the school yet. I'm probably going to call them just to make sure it's not some mistake.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:46 am

def2104 wrote:Uhhh...I guess I'm in? I got an e-mail from a 3L congratulating me on my acceptance and talking about student groups, but I haven't heard any word from the school yet. I'm probably going to call them just to make sure it's not some mistake.

If it's a mistake, sue the 3L after you get your JD from a better school. :lol:

I kid. It's clear that you're in at one of the most gorgeous and upwardly mobile schools in the country.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”