UCLA? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JetstoRJC

Bronze

UCLA?

Post by JetstoRJC » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:07 pm

I noticed on LSN that a couple people had been accepted to UCLA this week. Anybody here heard anything from them? I received an e-mail a couple weeks ago saying that they had received my application but have not heard anything else. One of the few schools that I have applied to that doesn't have a status check either......

tintin

Silver

Re: UCLA?

Post by tintin » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:19 pm

wow, that seems very early, I would think these would be ED people but from their #'s on LSN, I can't think of why they would have applied ED....pretty good stats. hmm.

triplecats

New

Post by triplecats » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:06 pm

UT appeared to begin letting in auto-admits around the last week of October last year. However, since NOBODY has received a decision on LSN from them this cycle, I would not really be worried at this point. Only around two people (on LSN) actually got decisions before Halloween, and they had ridiculous numbers.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:12 pm

JetstoRJC wrote:I noticed on LSN that a couple people had been accepted to UCLA this week. Anybody here heard anything from them? I received an e-mail a couple weeks ago saying that they had received my application but have not heard anything else. One of the few schools that I have applied to that doesn't have a status check either......
Yeah I have a buddy that got into UCLA like Oct. 1. Anyway, I received a complete email from UCLA on Oct. 14 (submitted app on Sept. 7 or so).

triplecats

New

Post by triplecats » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:22 pm

Oct 1? Wow.

It must be really frustrating to be an adcomm somewhere other than HYSCCN sometimes. You see an awesome applicant and know there's no chance they're ever going to go to your school, but they applied October 1 and wrote awesome specific essays and you think "Well, you never know..." but it never happens.

Anyway, I submitted 10/19 and got the complete email 10/23. So... let's go, UCLA. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tintin

Silver

Post by tintin » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:33 am

I submitted foreeever ago and I'm still not complete (or haven't gotten the email, anyways). Think I'll check in on monday.

I went to see some of UCLA's moot court this morning (my dad was judging a round) and I thought it was pretty interesting. If anyone has the chance, I would recommend a visit! It made me feel less intimidated about law school...

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:02 am

woot! Just applied today :D

soccersmo

New

Post by soccersmo » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:12 am

wow im just finishing up my ED application for UCLA, planning on having it done by Monday... I can't believe people were accepted as early as Oct 1st!

Saya

Bronze

Post by Saya » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:18 am

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/violaboy

Why is there no "jealous" emoticon?

I'm not even complete yet. :(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tintin

Silver

Post by tintin » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:47 am

Saya wrote:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/violaboy

wow... he got a decision fast. eight days. damn.

violaboy

Bronze

Post by violaboy » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:55 pm

tintin wrote:

Wow. You guys are talking about me. Yes, I got a call from Dean Schwartz on Thursday evening. It was a pleasant surprise!

savesthedayajb

Silver

Post by savesthedayajb » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:09 pm

violaboy wrote:
tintin wrote:

Wow. You guys are talking about me. Yes, I got a call from Dean Schwartz on Thursday evening. It was a pleasant surprise!

Nice! congratulations man. That's my number 1 choice... good way to start out the cycle.

Green Crayons

Bronze

Post by Green Crayons » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:10 am

tintin wrote:I submitted foreeever ago and I'm still not complete (or haven't gotten the email, anyways). Think I'll check in on monday.
Any word on this? I'm curious about the turn around time of them getting the lsac report and your file going complete... as that's the limbo I'm currently facing.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jgulia45

Bronze

Post by jgulia45 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:05 am

Green Crayons wrote:
tintin wrote:I submitted foreeever ago and I'm still not complete (or haven't gotten the email, anyways). Think I'll check in on monday.
Any word on this? I'm curious about the turn around time of them getting the lsac report and your file going complete... as that's the limbo I'm currently facing.
As am I. I submitted my application yesterday and received an e-mail last night confirming receipt and saying I will get an e-mail once my file is complete. LSAC says they sent report yesterday...here's to hoping snail mail isn't really really slow! I applied ED though, so perhaps they are prone to review those earlier.

Mosca

Bronze

Post by Mosca » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:19 am

I submitted ED on the 19th, got the received email on the 20th, and was complete on the 23rd.

tintin

Silver

Post by tintin » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:45 am

Green Crayons wrote:
well they definitely have all my stuff from lsac. i asked them to hold until i got my sept lsat score, perhaps this is why they are so slow? but it seems like other ppl are going complete very quickly....whhhhere is the love ucla??? :cry:

AceintheWhole

New

Post by AceintheWhole » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:04 pm

Green Crayons wrote:
FWIW, I'm one of those other dots on LSN, and I never got an email saying I was complete.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:32 pm

I turned in my app on the 19th, and it was completed by the 23rd. I applied ED though.

Although its highly doubtful i'll get accepted with a 3.1/168.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:13 pm

Mosca wrote:I submitted ED on the 19th, got the received email on the 20th, and was complete on the 23rd.
Replied to your PM. although its stuck in the outbox for some reason. I believe it should be in the sent box?

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:42 pm

Just got into UCLA regular decision via snail mail admissions packet. They offered me a Dean's Scholarship worth $90,000 over three years. I am in-state.

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:44 pm

crackberry wrote:Just got into UCLA regular decision via snail mail admissions packet. They offered me a Dean's Scholarship worth $90,000 over three years. I am in-state.
CONGRATS! I didnt apply to UCLA because of their horrible application haha

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:45 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
crackberry wrote:Just got into UCLA regular decision via snail mail admissions packet. They offered me a Dean's Scholarship worth $90,000 over three years. I am in-state.
Fair enough, it was brutal. But worth it in the end I suppose.

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:46 pm

crackberry wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
Fair enough, it was brutal. But worth it in the end I suppose.
Yea, 90k is nothing to laugh at!

tintin

Silver

Post by tintin » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:08 pm

wow very nice!! congrats!

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:09 pm

tintin wrote:
wow very nice!! congrats!
Thanks. Hope yours is on the way.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”