UCLA? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
imisscollege

Bronze

Re: UCLA?

Post by imisscollege » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:18 pm

give me newssssssssssss ucla. just got rejected from boalt i need good CA news cause I would not pick USC over UT or BC/BU. it's been soo longggggg

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:58 pm

I was wondering, does anyone know what the actual tuition costs are going to be?
Last edited by TheWire on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:01 pm

TheWire wrote:So i just got an u pdated scholly offer and I am somewhat pleased...I was wondering, does anyone know what the actual tuition costs are going to be?
*shrug* alot? too much?

How did you get them to update your scholly offer?

DallasCowboy

Silver

Post by DallasCowboy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:30 pm

Thanks, HL. I'll wait a couple weeks.

calicocat

Silver

Post by calicocat » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 pm

TheWire wrote:I was wondering, does anyone know what the actual tuition costs are going to be?
Your firstborn and a pint of blood? Along with 50k a year? Sound about right?

Does anyone know if they call international students?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

savesthedayajb

Silver

Post by savesthedayajb » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:48 pm

Oli wrote:
TheWire wrote:I was wondering, does anyone know what the actual tuition costs are going to be?

That's a good deal.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:01 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:
Oli wrote:

That's a good deal.
I'm hoping for a pint of blood scholarship, as I'm afraid of needles.

SHARK WEEK!

Bronze

Post by SHARK WEEK! » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:33 pm

I know this has been asked before, but I'm sure I'm not the only person who will be caught making this tough decision: UCLA or a lower T-14 like Georgetown/Cornell. How much prestige does Georgetown or Cornell get you in California as compared to UCLA? I was reading a thread earlier today where someone said that Cornell will place you better in San Francisco than UCLA. Really??

daesonesb

Bronze

Post by daesonesb » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:38 pm

SHARK WEEK! wrote:I know this has been asked before, but I'm sure I'm not the only person who will be caught making this tough decision: UCLA or a lower T-14 like Georgetown/Cornell. How much prestige does Georgetown or Cornell get you in California as compared to UCLA? I was reading a thread earlier today where someone said that Cornell will place you better in San Francisco than UCLA. Really??
Psssshhhhhh. You wanna spend the next three years in cold ass ithaca, or you wanna live it up in westwood?
After year one, you get tuition at 35k, so its cheaper too.

Plus, nah, whoever said UCLA places worse in san fran: They are probably involved in a lil bit of conjecture. Ask for hard data! Sounds like some bullllloney.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SHARK WEEK!

Bronze

Post by SHARK WEEK! » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:44 pm

daesonesb wrote:
SHARK WEEK! wrote:I know this has been asked before, but I'm sure I'm not the only person who will be caught making this tough decision: UCLA or a lower T-14 like Georgetown/Cornell. How much prestige does Georgetown or Cornell get you in California as compared to UCLA? I was reading a thread earlier today where someone said that Cornell will place you better in San Francisco than UCLA. Really??
Psssshhhhhh. You wanna spend the next three years in cold ass ithaca, or you wanna live it up in westwood?

Plus, nah, whoever said UCLA places worse in san fran: They are probably involved in a lil bit of conjecture. Ask for hard data! Sounds like some bullllloney.
I see you've applied to Cornell. Say you get in. It's between Cornell and UCLA. Which do you choose. Why?

The rankings argument is also getting to me. I honestly think UCLA is going to overtake (or tie) Georgetown this year. I don't want to go to Georgetown (and I would only go there for the ranking boost - lame I know) and then find out that UCLA is ranked #14 and Georgetown #15.

AHHHHH.

JollyGreenGiant

Silver

Post by JollyGreenGiant » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:47 pm

SHARK WEEK! wrote:
daesonesb wrote:

I see you've applied to Cornell. Say you get in. It's between Cornell and UCLA. Which do you choose. Why?

The rankings argument is also getting to me. I honestly think UCLA is going to overtake (or tie) Georgetown this year. I don't want to go to Georgetown (and I would only go there for the ranking boost - lame I know) and then find out that UCLA is ranked #14 and Georgetown #15.

AHHHHH.
If you want Cali, I'd have to say UCLA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cornell by quite a bit. But I'm just guessing.

jay115

Bronze

Post by jay115 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:56 pm

JollyGreenGiant wrote:
SHARK WEEK! wrote:
daesonesb wrote:

AHHHHH.
If you want Cali, I'd have to say UCLA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cornell by quite a bit. But I'm just guessing.
I'm going to Cornell for their Mock Trial invitational this weekend. The weather report from ithica:

Friday, Jan 29
Low: 6 °F
High: 21 °F

Saturday, Jan 30
Low: 10 °F
High: 23 °F

I'll take a gander over the gorges and try to take a picture of the anti-suicide nets for y'all.

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:33 am

JollyGreenGiant wrote: If you want Cali, I'd have to say UCLA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cornell by quite a bit. But I'm just guessing.
FWIW that would be my guess as well, but I'm an idiot, so I don't know.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:38 am

I am DYING for a call, plzzzzzz ucla plzzzz make my life.

flyingpanda

Silver

Post by flyingpanda » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:45 am

Nobody is sure but the proposed tuition costs look pretty grim.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:48 am

aznflyingpanda wrote:
Nobody is sure but the proposed tuition costs look pretty grim.

This is very informative! Thanks for this!

flyingpanda

Silver

Post by flyingpanda » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:53 am

I didn't read the whole report, but I believe that's just one possible proposal. I think any of the UCs are still good deals for in-state, but it's not looking as good for out-of-state people.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:55 am

aznflyingpanda wrote:I didn't read the whole report, but I believe that's just one possible proposal. I think any of the UCs are still good deals for in-state, but it's not looking as good for out-of-state people.
We are only considered OOS for one year, and according to those numbers UCLA is still very close to my cheapest offer.

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:59 am

finallyyy got complete email today (applied 1/3). excited to join this thread!

flyingpanda

Silver

Post by flyingpanda » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:04 am

Jericwithers wrote:
aznflyingpanda wrote:I didn't read the whole report, but I believe that's just one possible proposal. I think any of the UCs are still good deals for in-state, but it's not looking as good for out-of-state people.
We are only considered OOS for one year, and according to those numbers UCLA is still very close to my cheapest offer.
Ah that's not so bad then, except for the entering class in 2012, that's going to suck for them.

edit: especially Davis.. wow

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:10 am

aznflyingpanda wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
Ah that's not so bad then, except for the entering class in 2012, that's going to suck for them.

Ya and Berkley is going to be crazy expensive next year! I would withdraw if I didn't pay for the app fee.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JollyGreenGiant

Silver

Post by JollyGreenGiant » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:29 am

Jericwithers wrote:
aznflyingpanda wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:

Ya and Berkley is going to be crazy expensive next year! I would withdraw if I didn't pay for the app fee.
The difference in tuition cost between Berkeley and UCLA should not be a deciding factor. (assuming you're paying sticker)

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:14 am

Oli wrote:

I've been wondering if international people get calls, myself...

SHARK WEEK!

Bronze

Post by SHARK WEEK! » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:05 pm

I estimate tuition will be around $36,500 in-state and $46,500 out-of-state. This is based on the incremental increases over the last 10 years. It has been growing, but it's got to begin tapering off soon. In my view - and I would probably be trampled on by current UCLA students - the in-state fee is more than fair, if not lowish by "industry standards". (That's the economist/realist in me talking).

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:19 pm

SHARK WEEK! wrote:I estimate tuition will be around $36,500 in-state and $46,500 out-of-state. This is based on the incremental increases over the last 10 years. It has been growing, but it's got to begin tapering off soon.
College tuition taper off? I disagre. Also UC has huge budget problems and tuition will most likely jump 10-15% rather than an incremental increase. When do they release the real cost though? March?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”