UCLA? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Hopefullawstudent

Bronze

Re: UCLA?

Post by Hopefullawstudent » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:22 am

imisscollege wrote:so what about those of us who have been RD and nothing since October? are we optimistic or not
Optimistic, but perhaps irrationally so. Been complete since late October.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:14 am

Hopefullawstudent wrote:
imisscollege wrote:so what about those of us who have been RD and nothing since October? are we optimistic or not
complete since 11/3, but they haven't done a round of rejections yet, so I'm nervous being a borderline applicant.

southxii

New

Post by southxii » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:03 pm

Hopefullawstudent wrote:
In the same boat and irrational in the sense that getting into Texas made me excited for UCLA. That's in my heart. In my head i know i'd have a better chance at predicting law school acceptances by flinging water balloons at a dart board.

imisscollege

Bronze

Post by imisscollege » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:53 pm

Veritas wrote:
Hopefullawstudent wrote:
complete since 11/3, but they haven't done a round of rejections yet, so I'm nervous being a borderline applicant.
there are rejections on lsn. have they done a big round of non-auto-admitted RD acceptances yet? I heard on this board and seen on LSN that they have done at least a small round of RD WL's

and yes getting into UT made me optimistic too but it seems that UCLA is considerably harder to get into

jay115

Bronze

Post by jay115 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:10 pm

imisscollege wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Hopefullawstudent wrote:
there are rejections on lsn. have they done a big round of non-auto-admitted RD acceptances yet? I heard on this board and seen on LSN that they have done at least a small round of RD WL's

and yes getting into UT made me optimistic too but it seems that UCLA is considerably harder to get into
Eh I think UCLA just takes longer to respond, but isn't necessarily harder to get into. On LSN, if you compare the UTX and UCLA graphs, they're essentially the same - this cycle, UTX has even been rejecting a lot of peeps with superstar stats.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:13 pm

imisscollege wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Hopefullawstudent wrote:

IIRC those are ED rejections, not RD.

Hopefullawstudent

Bronze

Post by Hopefullawstudent » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:14 pm

UCLA has done ED rejections. Have they done any RD rejections yet?

I was held over at Texas in November. A bad sign for UCLA?

Slansky

Bronze

Post by Slansky » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:34 pm

parker09 wrote:
Slansky wrote:
I'm not! :?
Unsure about my optimism/pessimism ratio, but Really Pissed About Not Hearing Back Yet. Not that I'm feeling entitled to a quick decision, but it's certainly frustrating when other people with or below my numbers AND who submitted later have already gotten a decision. I didn't even want them that badly until it became apparent that they're not dying to have me :)

SRSLY, UCLA. COME ONNNNN!
Agree. It's making me very insecure about my app. And UCLA is my top choice, so I am seriously invested in this one :(

oneforship

Silver

Post by oneforship » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:05 pm

WL via email yesterday, will not be sticking around. Good luck everyone. LSN in profile.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

msch0i

Silver

Post by msch0i » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:27 pm

Has anyone applied to the Epstein program and heard anything? (even an "application received" e-mail?)

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:50 pm

rw2264 wrote:
ughOSU wrote:WL via email. 98%ile LSAT and mediocre GPA.

Fuck law school.
what is your mediocre gpa? i'm also the 98th percentile and also consider my GPA to be mediocre.
I know you weren't asking me, but my GPA is a 3.45+ (LSAT's in profile).

ruleser

Silver

Post by ruleser » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:58 pm

oneforship wrote:WL via email yesterday, will not be sticking around. Good luck everyone. LSN in profile.
Holy Mother of Mary's Mother - they waitlisted you with that LSAT - yeah, I know, GPA, but... guess I should start assessing what clothes I'll need for colder climates...

Space_Cowboy

Bronze

Post by Space_Cowboy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:37 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
rw2264 wrote:

Fuck law school.
what is your mediocre gpa? i'm also the 98th percentile and also consider my GPA to be mediocre.
Congrats on Michigan. And second congrats on having the good sense to withdraw from UCLA. Now that in-state tuition is on par with private counterparts, (high CoL + limited job mobility + weak CA legal market) makes UCLA so not worth the risk for people with 170+s.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

calgal17

Bronze

Post by calgal17 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:26 pm

msch0i wrote:Has anyone applied to the Epstein program and heard anything? (even an "application received" e-mail?)

No, I haven't heard anything for Epstein. :( Or anything since the regular app complete email for that matter...

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:38 pm

UCLA, please accept me!

jay115

Bronze

Post by jay115 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:41 pm

calgal17 wrote:
msch0i wrote:Has anyone applied to the Epstein program and heard anything? (even an "application received" e-mail?)

No, I haven't heard anything for Epstein. :( Or anything since the regular app complete email for that matter...
I think Epstein applicants are going to have to wait longer than usual bc admissions decisions are made primarily by one person (dean schwartz) but Epstein scholar decisions are made by the Epstein program faculty, so I'm sure there's a lot more discussion involved.

savesthedayajb

Silver

Post by savesthedayajb » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:54 pm

Veritas wrote:UCLA, please accept me!
+1 Dream School :?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

michstudent10

Bronze

Post by michstudent10 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:03 pm

Can you get into UCLA and not get into the Epstein program if you applied? I really want to go into Public Interest & I applied to the Epstein program but I really want UCLA regardless & I'm worried that applying to the program may have been risky with my numbers. My PS and my LORs all addressed my interest in PI so I just applied them to the Epstein program (i.e wrote down my original recommenders' names). Now I'm worried! Any thoughts?

ruleser

Silver

Post by ruleser » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:10 pm

Space_Cowboy wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
rw2264 wrote:

Fuck law school.
Congrats on Michigan. And second congrats on having the good sense to withdraw from UCLA. Now that in-state tuition is on par with private counterparts, (high CoL + limited job mobility + weak CA legal market) makes UCLA so not worth the risk for people with 170+s.
With people expressing sentiment like this, I wonder if there will be extra WL movement this year/lower matriculation...

Hopefullawstudent

Bronze

Post by Hopefullawstudent » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:17 pm

ruleser wrote: With people expressing sentiment like this, I wonder if there will be extra WL movement this year/lower matriculation...
Sample size is a little low, but I share your optimism. :)

ruleser

Silver

Post by ruleser » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:18 pm

Hopefullawstudent wrote:
ruleser wrote: With people expressing sentiment like this, I wonder if there will be extra WL movement this year/lower matriculation...
:D Yes, you read my thinking...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tintin

Silver

Post by tintin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:53 pm

is it weird i still haven't heard? I went complete mid-october....

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:57 pm

tintin wrote:is it weird i still haven't heard? I went complete mid-october....
I'm complete since 10/30. Could care less at this point. I'm assuming you're the same way.

Space_Cowboy

Bronze

Post by Space_Cowboy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:43 am

Hopefullawstudent wrote:
CA economy blows. I wouldn't get my hopes up based on the rantings of a disgruntled splitter from California. :D

EDIT: Although, I have to say, with the projected tuition hikes and CoL, I'm not sure UCLA would have been a top choice even if my GPA didn't blow.

msch0i

Silver

Post by msch0i » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:48 am

michstudent10 wrote:Can you get into UCLA and not get into the Epstein program if you applied? I really want to go into Public Interest & I applied to the Epstein program but I really want UCLA regardless & I'm worried that applying to the program may have been risky with my numbers. My PS and my LORs all addressed my interest in PI so I just applied them to the Epstein program (i.e wrote down my original recommenders' names). Now I'm worried! Any thoughts?
They have a completely separate admissions program, meaning the decisions are independent of each other. The only thing is that, if you're rejected from UCLA's general application pool but the Epstein adcom admits you, then you're in at UCLA.

On another note...has anyone sent a LOCI yet? (I guess this is more for WLers..) I sent one via mail because it seems more formal than e-mail but don't know which method they actually prefer...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”