UCLA? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
msch0i

Silver

Re: UCLA?

Post by msch0i » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:03 am

So I guess after reading a few pages back on this thread, it's safe to assume a lot of applicants haven't heard back yet? I expected some major WL movement in early May, but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen :lol:

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:39 am

msch0i wrote:So I guess after reading a few pages back on this thread, it's safe to assume a lot of applicants haven't heard back yet? I expected some major WL movement in early May, but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen :lol:
I don't know... I just came to this thread right now to ask if UCLA has a self-imposed deadline by which it must issue all decisions. Like, May 1st, everyone hears, or May 15th.
Amazingly, I have 6 schools yet to issue me a decision. I feel like Kryptonite. :?

dreamweaver87

Bronze

Post by dreamweaver87 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:04 pm

tommytahoe wrote:
msch0i wrote:So I guess after reading a few pages back on this thread, it's safe to assume a lot of applicants haven't heard back yet? I expected some major WL movement in early May, but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen :lol:
I don't know... I just came to this thread right now to ask if UCLA has a self-imposed deadline by which it must issue all decisions. Like, May 1st, everyone hears, or May 15th.
Amazingly, I have 6 schools yet to issue me a decision. I feel like Kryptonite. :?

Wow...six...that's a lot. I still have yet to hear from Cornell and USC and I thought THAT was ridiculous...

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:25 pm

officially withdrew as of today. good luck everyone.

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:33 pm

dreamweaver87 wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:

Wow...six...that's a lot. I still have yet to hear from Cornell and USC and I thought THAT was ridiculous...

Make that 5. Fordham just told me to take a hike. They let you know through status checker. Classy. My cycle, in algebraic terms, has been one big fat x - 1 all cycle long. :?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:37 pm

Does UCLA ding via mail or email? How about waitlist?

msch0i

Silver

Post by msch0i » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:14 pm

primusux wrote:Does UCLA ding via mail or email? How about waitlist?
WL by e-mail (no letter...at least for me) and ding by mail, from what I've read on this thread.

CAHopeful

Bronze

Post by CAHopeful » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:02 am

The following e-mail is what I received when my file went complete. So does this mean we should all be hearing back within the next few days? Seems weird that so many people are still waiting. I also applied to the Epstein Program, and there seems to be some consensus that they take a bit longer with those applicants. Hmm. Any thoughts?

Dear _____,

Thank you for applying to UCLA School of Law. We are writing to let you know that your file is complete.

During the next few months we will review thousands of applications. It is difficult for us to predict when you will receive a final decision. We will make decisions through April.

We greatly appreciate your patience during the review process. We know this is a stressful period and we want to assure you that your application will be thoroughly reviewed by our admissions committee.

DallasCowboy

Silver

Post by DallasCowboy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:56 am

Time for my biweekly UCLA WTF post. Sent 10/30. Not a peep. I want my $12 back!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

viapaz

New

Post by viapaz » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:09 pm

askldfjsaldkfa;fjklsa.

i just called UCLA admissions to ask if all the decisions were finalized and the woman said, "No, we are still making decisions. Some students may hear from us by the end of this week OR sometime next week. If you have not heard from us by next Friday, you can call and we can check on your status."

Which is exactly what they told me last week when I called and they offered to look at my status only to find: "Under Review."

It's been 4 months since I went complete. I don't have the numbers to get in, but I would still like them to respond so I can just end my cycle already. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :x

twintipping_bumps

Bronze

Post by twintipping_bumps » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:16 pm

I've been complete since November. I just got a waiver to take the LSAT a fourth time in June from a school that WL'd me. Do you think I should let UCLA know I will be taking again in June now or wait to see what their response is first? My only thought is letting them know might prevent a rejection, though my file has been there for some time, and I hope my softs have been performing that function thus far.

CAHopeful

Bronze

Post by CAHopeful » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:16 pm

viapaz wrote:askldfjsaldkfa;fjklsa.

i just called UCLA admissions to ask if all the decisions were finalized and the woman said, "No, we are still making decisions. Some students may hear from us by the end of this week OR sometime next week. If you have not heard from us by next Friday, you can call and we can check on your status."

Which is exactly what they told me last week when I called and they offered to look at my status only to find: "Under Review."

It's been 4 months since I went complete. I don't have the numbers to get in, but I would still like them to respond so I can just end my cycle already. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :x
+1.
I am imagining getting the call from Dean Schwartz. I can hear the phone ringing now. It's going to happen soon; I know it! ("The Secret," anyone?) :wink:

viapaz

New

Post by viapaz » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:24 pm

twintipping_bumps wrote:I've been complete since November. I just got a waiver to take the LSAT a fourth time in June from a school that WL'd me. Do you think I should let UCLA know I will be taking again in June now or wait to see what their response is first? My only thought is letting them know might prevent a rejection, though my file has been there for some time, and I hope my softs have been performing that function thus far.

What? I want that! I didn't know that schools gave out waivers to retake the LSAT if you're on their WL. Is that normal or an unusual case of a nice admissions person who wants you to get in?

I don't imagine it could hurt to give UCLA a heads up.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

twintipping_bumps

Bronze

Post by twintipping_bumps » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:28 pm

The LSAC policy says you can take a 4th time if a school requests it, so you can ask a school that has WL'd to make the request. I would think that if your previous testing indicates you are capable of the work but one more point would make it alot easier for them to admit you numbers-wise, then there's a chance they will do it.

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:23 pm

Well, I don't know if UCLA has a separate WL thread, but I can add myself to it. Funny thing is, the WL email has been in my spam folder since April 2nd!
I sent in an updated resume to UCLA, USC, and UNC yesterday, b/c I thought they just needed to know that I've added a bunch of things to it since January. I was basically going against pre-decision protocol, but if I hadn't, I may have been patiently waiting until like late May wondering when UCLA would get back to me! It was sent by a different UCLA email address, so check those spam folders everyone.

163/3.81 if anyone's interested... But I'm a 37 y.o. non-trad with a unique PS reformed life story about an old non-violent felony and also deportation proceedings —which I suspect gave many schools pause, but others (UCLA, UVA, GULC) maybe take an interest in. :?
In short, I'm not a predictor of things to come for y'all.

iceskater1620

New

Post by iceskater1620 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Anyone been accepted here recently? I haven't heard a peep in quite a while and I'm starting to wonder if there's any hope left.

Kase Law

New

Post by Kase Law » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:45 pm

iceskater1620 wrote:Anyone been accepted here recently? I haven't heard a peep in quite a while and I'm starting to wonder if there's any hope left.
I got the call last Friday night. I had given up hope and put down deposits elsewhere already.... so keep hoping!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:46 pm

iceskater1620 wrote:Anyone been accepted here recently? I haven't heard a peep in quite a while and I'm starting to wonder if there's any hope left.
--ImageRemoved--

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:25 pm

primusux wrote:
--ImageRemoved--
This one is good too:

siaynoqq

New

Post by siaynoqq » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:51 pm

I got a call a couple days ago. My numbers are not auto-admit numbers, so there is still hope!

I'm going to send in the deposit today. So excited!

PM me if you're curious of my numbers.

pertristis

Bronze

Post by pertristis » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:45 pm

WL email. Prompt withdrawal.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dreamweaver87

Bronze

Post by dreamweaver87 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:08 pm

hmmm...i really, really need more money to be able to attend. they said they might free some up depending on withdrawals, etc. i just got in to northwestern today, but obviously sticker there is pretty insane. i'm hoping i can use it as leverage for more money at UCLA, though. is it cheesy to forward the e-mail (along with my letter asking if they know about any more money being available)? or should i just tell them? i just feel like anyone can say they got in anywhere without proof.

dreamweaver87

Bronze

Post by dreamweaver87 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:21 pm

oh, man. how do i write this e-mail without sounding arrogant? everything i type, i delete, because it ends up sounding douchey.

SaraLA

New

Post by SaraLA » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:42 pm

dreamweaver87 wrote:oh, man. how do i write this e-mail without sounding arrogant? everything i type, i delete, because it ends up sounding douchey.
Just tell them - if they want proof, they will ask for it. Just be polite.

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:47 pm

SaraLA wrote:
dreamweaver87 wrote:oh, man. how do i write this e-mail without sounding arrogant? everything i type, i delete, because it ends up sounding douchey.
Just tell them - if they want proof, they will ask for it. Just be polite.
Yes, just straightforward, honest, professional, and polite. They deal with this stuff ALL the time.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”