William & Mary

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
statuscheckerssuck

Re: William & Mary

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:44 pm

IN!!!! Did my daily afternoon round through my status checkers--got to the last one and thought I was in for another disappointing day, but thankfully under mailing for W&M it said "Congratulations! admit packet mailed"

I am surprised this thread hasn't seen more action today. I can't imagine I am the only one.

GobiasIndustries

Postby GobiasIndustries » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:59 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:IN!!!! Did my daily afternoon round through my status checkers--got to the last one and thought I was in for another disappointing day, but thankfully under mailing for W&M it said "Congratulations! admit packet mailed"

I am surprised this thread hasn't seen more action today. I can't imagine I am the only one.

Congrats!! I'm still decision pending as of 11/3. Numbers are just under their medians, so I'm probably one of the huge amount of applicants they need to look at a bunch of times. So I won't hold my breath...

statuscheckerssuck

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:05 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:
statuscheckerssuck wrote:IN!!!! Did my daily afternoon round through my status checkers--got to the last one and thought I was in for another disappointing day, but thankfully under mailing for W&M it said "Congratulations! admit packet mailed"

Congrats!! I'm still decision pending as of 11/3. Numbers are just under their medians, so I'm probably one of the huge amount of applicants they need to look at a bunch of times. So I won't hold my breath...

That sucks...I know the feeling believe me. I feel like that is the case with the majority of the schools I applied to. I guess thats why they call it the waiting game.

Those of you that got scholly info with acceptances, what are your numbers? I am 166 3.8 and I am wondering if I should be optimistic about my chances for $$ because like someone said awhile back, out of state tuition is just too damn expensive.

Rowinguy2009

Postby Rowinguy2009 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:12 pm

I have numbers almost identical to yours and my scholarship package totaled 20 K per year. 14 K of that was with the graduate fellowship (in state tuition plus 4k a year stipend) and then a 6K a year merit scholarship.

statuscheckerssuck

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:16 pm

Rowinguy2009 wrote:I have numbers almost identical to yours and my scholarship package totaled 20 K per year. 14 K of that was with the graduate fellowship (in state tuition plus 4k a year stipend) and then a 6K a year merit scholarship.

Good to know :D

Here's to hoping!!

iheartucla

Postby iheartucla » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:20 pm

doinmybest wrote:Those who were accepted with $$, was your merit scholarship award in your acceptance letter???

yes- you get a packet with acceptance letter, scholarship letter, and some other info

NatSec

Postby NatSec » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:09 am

All:

I'm meeting with Dean Wixson from the Admissions office on Friday afternoon. If anybody has any questions they would like me to ask let me know and I'll post his responses when I get back on Saturday.

Thus far:

1) Why is sckon still bloody decision pending?
2) What do the changing dates with no changing status on the status checkers mean?
Last edited by NatSec on Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

sckon

Postby sckon » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:24 am

NatSec wrote:All:

I'm meeting with Dean Wixson from the Admissions office on Friday afternoon. If anybody has any questions they would like me to ask let me know and I'll post his responses when I get back on Saturday.

Why the bloody hell am I still decision pending?!

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:27 am

What do the changing dates with no changing status on the status checkers mean?

dmbjr

Postby dmbjr » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:59 am

Went Decision Pending today.

Slimpee

Postby Slimpee » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:10 am

I just about had a heart attack when I saw the separate "Status" and "Decision Pending" dates. Maybe people talk about it in the thread but I was not expecting to see that. Seeing as my Status says waiting for review I don't imagine the "Decision Pending" changing anytime soon...

More waiting, yippiee!
Last edited by Slimpee on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

whatchootalkinbout

Postby whatchootalkinbout » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:16 am

Yeah just seeing the word 'Decision' sent me into a mild panic attack (not really but still).

GatorGirl1230

Postby GatorGirl1230 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:20 pm

i went from "application ready for review" 12/5 and went straight to "review complete" 12/15 (along with the "congrats" under the mailing)... pretty quick turnaround time

ec2xs

Postby ec2xs » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:20 pm

This may be a question one of the posters can answer, but would it be ill-advised to submit a LOCI or anything of that nature if we're stuck on decision pending?

sckon

Postby sckon » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:56 pm

ec2xs wrote:This may be a question one of the posters can answer, but would it be ill-advised to submit a LOCI or anything of that nature if we're stuck on decision pending?

Since there is no decision yet I dont see the point. Save it for the WL.

NatSec

Postby NatSec » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:16 am

Thus far:

2) What do the changing dates with no changing status on the status checkers mean?

bump. no other questions for admissions?

MoS

Postby MoS » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:27 am

NatSec wrote:

Thus far:

I would really like to know why it takes so long to load their website, but in the realm of questions I would be willing to ask the dean would be do they match scholarships? UT has a program that does this, in case you think that's an odd question to ask.

Also, do they help you find placement for externships or are positions for students to find. The website seemed vague on this, my lack of knowledge on the subject may make this a dumb question.

Clair1331

Postby Clair1331 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:33 am

NatSec wrote:

Thus far:

Along with the questions about what "decision pending", when will they look/decide these applications or are they waitlists? Thanks!

azb

Postby azb » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:36 am

NatSec wrote:

Thus far:

it would be great if you could ask why my status says "Application complete- ready for review" since mid-november and there hasnot been any updates....uhh
nonetheless, I expect a rejection from W&M ....

NatSec

Postby NatSec » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:51 am

Okay, I've tried to sum up some of the vague ones received thus far:

1) Why is sckon still at bloody decision pending?
2) What do the changing dates with no correlating change in status on the status checkers mean?
3) Does the career services aid finding placement for externships or are positions for students to find? If they are involved, what type of help do they offer?
4) For those that are currently sitting at “decision pending”, can they expect to be notified of a decision in March or possibly earlier? What is meant by the “decision pending” status, is the status conferred prior to or after review of an applicant’s file?

Let me know if I misinterpreted any of them.

azb

Postby azb » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:19 pm

Why W&M does not start reviewing my application?? or they are just slow updating the status? It has been "Application Ready for Review" since 11/17

Postby 02092010 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:34 pm

What is the Decision Pending? Now i fear the worst. For those of you who have already heard back what was the turnaround time from decision pending to decision?

statuscheckerssuck

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:47 pm

tallywhacker wrote:What is the Decision Pending? Now i fear the worst. For those of you who have already heard back what was the turnaround time from decision pending to decision?

I believe that none of us who have gotten decisions ever went "decision pending". For example, I went straight from ready for review to review complete. My turn around time was about a week (which seems to have been pretty typical).

Postby 02092010 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:49 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:
tallywhacker wrote:What is the Decision Pending? Now i fear the worst. For those of you who have already heard back what was the turnaround time from decision pending to decision?

I believe that none of us who have gotten decisions ever went "decision pending". For example, I went straight from ready for review to review complete. My turn around time was about a week (which seems to have been pretty typical).

Thanks for the info. Any conjectures? Is this a semi waitlist sort of thing? So many questions...

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:52 pm

tallywhacker wrote:
statuscheckerssuck wrote:

Thanks for the info. Any conjectures? Is this a semi waitlist sort of thing? So many questions...

I'm still so confused by it. I have stats that make W&M a safety for me, but there has been no update in my status checker since it came up in early November. Its not like my numbers are high enough to be YP, plus I wrote a sincere Why W&M statement. I'd be amazed if I got WL'ed or rejected, so I still can't accept the idea that its a semi WL until it actually happens.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”