William & Mary

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6374
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby 5ky » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:22 pm

.
Last edited by 5ky on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby TruckerD » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:22 pm

This thread is making me depressed. Going to go eat tons of Halloween candy now. :(

laobeijing
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:17 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby laobeijing » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:24 pm

Congratulations! Admt Packet Mailed 11/5 11/04/2009
Application is Complete/Ready for Review 09/11/2009
Application Has Been Received 09/02/2009

168/3.5

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:27 pm

I applied 10/30, got the status checker email today, but it says File Incomplete. LSAC says they requested a paper report, so that's probably why, right - they just haven't received it yet? Anyone else have this?

User avatar
rocross1
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:20 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby rocross1 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:28 pm

I had the "initial review complete/decision pending" thing as well, but no congrats. I scrolled down on the left under mailings it said congrats admit packet mailed thats how I found out I was in. Check under mailings you might have this too. Good Luck!!

EDIT: 166 3.98 and some softs

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby 02082010 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:31 pm

In this morning as well via status checker! My first acceptance/decision of this cycle.

172, 2.71 AA male.

You think they'll provide scholly info in the packet?

Eazy E
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:24 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby Eazy E » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:35 pm

Admission packet mailed today. First admit of the cycle! Stats: 170/3.71, white male, mediocre softs.

Congrats to everyone else admitted and good luck to everyone still waiting.

User avatar
rocross1
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:20 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby rocross1 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:37 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:In this morning as well via status checker! My first acceptance/decision of this cycle.

172, 2.71 AA male.

You think they'll provide scholly info in the packet?


I hope so. ND is my top choice but knowing I am in somewhere helps calm the nerves, and scholly info would help more. I thought W&M would take a long time because of their stressing the March decision thing, but I guess they just don't want a ton of calls.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby Veritas » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:38 pm

woohooo!!! In via status checker :D :D

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby Pearalegal » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:38 pm

I'm complete/ready for review as of the 30th. Heres hoping.

autao
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:20 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby autao » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:41 pm

In via status check. decision packet mailed today. Finally a status checker that I like.

User avatar
UFMatt
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:59 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby UFMatt » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:46 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:I applied 10/30, got the status checker email today, but it says File Incomplete. LSAC says they requested a paper report, so that's probably why, right - they just haven't received it yet? Anyone else have this?


Same. I applied a little before you. It says 'file incomplete' even though everything is checked on their list. Not sure what is going on. Congrats to everyone who has gotten in.

edit: I noticed the status hasn't been updated since the day I applied, so it's conceivable that your app and mine are both progressed beyond what is listed.

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:51 pm

UFMatt wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:I applied 10/30, got the status checker email today, but it says File Incomplete. LSAC says they requested a paper report, so that's probably why, right - they just haven't received it yet? Anyone else have this?


Same. I applied a little before you. It says 'file incomplete' even though everything is checked on their list. Not sure what is going on. Congrats to everyone who has gotten in.

edit: I noticed the status hasn't been updated since the day I applied, so it's conceivable that your app and mine are both progressed beyond what is listed.


Man, seeing all these other INs is making me really nervous!

User avatar
SamSeaborn2016
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:52 pm

Current Status: Application Ready for Review
Current Status Date: 9/10/2009

Decision Status: Initial Review Complete/Decision Pending
Decision Status Date: 10/06/2009


Seriously? My decision has been pending for almost a month? While I am glad it wasn't a quick decline I am incredibly nervous. :shock:

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby Pearalegal » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:53 pm

my status date is 10/29 but I just got the status checker email this morning. Is that weird?

User avatar
NatSec
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:52 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby NatSec » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:57 pm

anybody know how wm views work experience/military? it was my only hope for getting in with 3.51/164

User avatar
rocross1
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:20 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby rocross1 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:59 pm

SamSeaborn2016 wrote:Current Status: Application Ready for Review
Current Status Date: 9/10/2009

Decision Status: Initial Review Complete/Decision Pending
Decision Status Date: 10/06/2009


Seriously? My decision has been pending for almost a month? While I am glad it wasn't a quick decline I am incredibly nervous. :shock:


Did you check under the Mailings?

User avatar
UFMatt
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:59 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby UFMatt » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:00 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
UFMatt wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:I applied 10/30, got the status checker email today, but it says File Incomplete. LSAC says they requested a paper report, so that's probably why, right - they just haven't received it yet? Anyone else have this?


Same. I applied a little before you. It says 'file incomplete' even though everything is checked on their list. Not sure what is going on. Congrats to everyone who has gotten in.

edit: I noticed the status hasn't been updated since the day I applied, so it's conceivable that your app and mine are both progressed beyond what is listed.


Man, seeing all these other INs is making me really nervous!


Hopefully we'll be in batch #2. I'm sure that they've gotten hundreds and hundreds of apps already, so they can't notify everyone simultaneously. At least, that's what I keep telling myself.

User avatar
SamSeaborn2016
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:11 pm

rocross1 wrote:
SamSeaborn2016 wrote:Current Status: Application Ready for Review
Current Status Date: 9/10/2009

Decision Status: Initial Review Complete/Decision Pending
Decision Status Date: 10/06/2009


Seriously? My decision has been pending for almost a month? While I am glad it wasn't a quick decline I am incredibly nervous. :shock:


Did you check under the Mailings?


Nothing beyond the notices about getting my app and it going complete. I guess I'll just have to chew my fingernails off and hope. I think I put together a really strong application package but my numbers don't give me a ton of hope. I expect I'm in for a cycle of many, many waitlists.

User avatar
bonnieblue
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:56 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby bonnieblue » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:15 pm

UFMatt wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
UFMatt wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:I applied 10/30, got the status checker email today, but it says File Incomplete. LSAC says they requested a paper report, so that's probably why, right - they just haven't received it yet? Anyone else have this?


Same. I applied a little before you. It says 'file incomplete' even though everything is checked on their list. Not sure what is going on. Congrats to everyone who has gotten in.

edit: I noticed the status hasn't been updated since the day I applied, so it's conceivable that your app and mine are both progressed beyond what is listed.


Man, seeing all these other INs is making me really nervous!


Hopefully we'll be in batch #2. I'm sure that they've gotten hundreds and hundreds of apps already, so they can't notify everyone simultaneously. At least, that's what I keep telling myself.


yeah the same thing happened to me...annoyingg

jtgain
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:56 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby jtgain » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:16 pm

Question: Does anyone get early rejections or do they save those for March/April?

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby TruckerD » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:30 pm

From what I see on LSN, all the rejected/WL come in March. I guess I will be one of those. :(

User avatar
Notor
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby Notor » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:34 pm

ACCEPTED via status checker today! It said "Congratulations! Admt Packet Mailed 11/5" under the mailings heading. Really excited, as this is the first decision of my cycle, and from a great school. Good luck everyone else.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby 02082010 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:36 pm

Can anyone access the admitted students site via their status check login? I can't.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby tram988 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:37 pm

my status checker disappeared! Wow so they appear to be rolling out decisions today as we speak!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”