William & Mary

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nyskidude

Re: William & Mary

Postby nyskidude » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:50 am

moonmaster3 wrote:
nyskidude wrote:
gymboree wrote:
Nikiya wrote:According to LSN, someone with the EXACT same stats as me and who applied on the same day that I did was accepted on Thursday. My status checker still says "Application ready for review" :( wtf?!?!?

I feel your pain. :hug:

edit: at least they're not taunting you with "Decision Pending"

+1. Decision Pending since October 27th.... That's over a month... Boo

What are your stats? If you dont mind me asking.

163/3.84. Definitely a reverse splitter, and I can understand why they have waited as long as they have, as most people who are getting in seem to be 165+. Still a bummer.

toolshed

Postby toolshed » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:09 am

In via snail mail over T-giving, with a little $.

ze2151

Postby ze2151 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:18 pm

solotee- i received the same aid package offer. hoping to see a little more from other schools. is it just me or is w&m pretty tough to get $?

JayTal

Postby JayTal » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:23 pm

I've been at decision pending since 10/21! Let me in!

toolshed

Postby toolshed » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:58 pm

ze2151 wrote:solotee- i received the same aid package offer. hoping to see a little more from other schools. is it just me or is w&m pretty tough to get $?

I wondered this as well. I received a small scholly, but no fellowship offer. Numbers above 75%.

monkey85

Postby monkey85 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:03 pm

toolshed wrote:ze2151 wrote:
solotee- i received the same aid package offer. hoping to see a little more from other schools. is it just me or is w&m pretty tough to get $?

I wondered this as well. I received a small scholly, but no fellowship offer. Numbers above 75%.

On the topic of getting money from WM, I thought it was pretty good to get in-state tuition + fellowship as a sort of $14k per year "scholarship" - i didn't get the actual $3k scholarship. Is $14k (or $10k if you don't include the fellowship) per year not that much for numbers above median or 75th?

toolshed

Postby toolshed » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:19 pm

monkey85 wrote:
toolshed wrote:ze2151 wrote:

On the topic of getting money from WM, I thought it was pretty good to get in-state tuition + fellowship as a sort of $14k per year "scholarship" - i didn't get the actual $3k scholarship. Is $14k (or $10k if you don't include the fellowship) per year not that much for numbers above median or 75th?

I don't really know...I was just wondering why they didn't offer the in-state tuition in addition to the scholarship in my case (not that I'm ungrateful, W&M). Didn't know if there was something special they were looking for to get the in-state or fellowship.

fedtaxed

Re: "decision pending"

Postby fedtaxed » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:44 pm

I know that this topic has been covered on this board, but I'm hoping some people will take pity on me...I went "decision pending" this morning. Is it correct to assume that I'll either get a "Congratulations" note today, or else I'm going to be waiting around for several weeks to hear the decision?

Did anyone get their acceptance on the same day that it went to "decision pending"?

(I just want to have my first decision be an acceptance. It'll make it so much easier to wait for all the other schools!!) THANK YOU!!!

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:47 pm

fedtaxed wrote:I know that this topic has been covered on this board, but I'm hoping some people will take pity on me...I went "decision pending" this morning. Is it correct to assume that I'll either get a "Congratulations" note today, or else I'm going to be waiting around for several weeks to hear the decision?

Did anyone get their acceptance on the same day that it went to "decision pending"?

(I just want to have my first decision be an acceptance. It'll make it so much easier to wait for all the other schools!!) THANK YOU!!!

I don't think we've figured out what "decision pending" means yet. As far as I know, everyone who has actually received a decision got "Review Complete," then later that day the admit mailing was listed. Mine never said "decision pending."

NatSec

Postby NatSec » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:47 pm

fedtaxed wrote:I know that this topic has been covered on this board, but I'm hoping some people will take pity on me...I went "decision pending" this morning. Is it correct to assume that I'll either get a "Congratulations" note today, or else I'm going to be waiting around for several weeks to hear the decision?

history thus far: no, you may be sitting at decision pending indefinitely. some people have been there for over a month, some for a few weeks, and it seems a very few have been accepted shortly after being listed as decision pending.

Zapatero

Postby Zapatero » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:48 pm

I went to "decision pending" about two weeks ago and haven't heard anything since. Sorry, but you might have to wait a bit more.

fedtaxed

Postby fedtaxed » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:56 pm

ccs1702 wrote: I went to "decision pending" about two weeks ago and haven't heard anything since. Sorry, but you might have to wait a bit more.

Ugh! I have a sinking feeling that I'm either going to have good news later this afternoon or else it's going to effectively be like a waitlist & I have to keep checking back for awhile. I just want to know!!

Thanks for everyone's help!

solotee

Postby solotee » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:59 pm

ze2151 wrote:solotee- i received the same aid package offer. hoping to see a little more from other schools. is it just me or is w&m pretty tough to get $?

51,600$ total. Personally, I think that is a pretty generous offer.

wired

Postby wired » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:23 pm

Yeah I received that offer too. I think W&M opts to give out more students a generous package than a few students full-ride packages.

kareenak888

Postby kareenak888 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:31 pm

If it the status checker says decision pending since the end of oct... is that bad?

Burberry by Burberry

Postby Burberry by Burberry » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:47 pm

Current Status: Application Ready for Review
Current Status Date: 11/30/2009
Decision Status: Decision Pending
Decision Status Date: 11/30/2009

I want.

Let me in.

solotee

Postby solotee » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:53 pm

Burberry by Burberry wrote:Current Status: Application Ready for Review
Current Status Date: 11/30/2009
Decision Status: Decision Pending
Decision Status Date: 11/30/2009

I want.

Let me in.

stats?

Burberry by Burberry

Postby Burberry by Burberry » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:58 pm

solotee wrote:stats?

PM me.

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:32 pm

Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gymboree

Postby gymboree » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:44 pm

It roughs out to this (based on LSN figures) roughly 25% get 5k. They spread the money around, and no one gets a full ride. Hard to put up against my offers as similarly ranked schools (1 full ride, 2 half+ rides). Is the whole W&M gestalt worth it?

Blindmelon

Postby Blindmelon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:10 pm

gymboree wrote:It roughs out to this (based on LSN figures) roughly 25% get 5k. They spread the money around, and no one gets a full ride. Hard to put up against my offers as similarly ranked schools (1 full ride, 2 half+ rides). Is the whole W&M gestalt worth it?

I tried to negotiate with 20k/year from BU and 15k/year from GW. No dice. I was in-state, 8k a year... so tuition was only 12k a year. I guess they figure how low can you go?

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:42 pm

Blindmelon wrote:
gymboree wrote:It roughs out to this (based on LSN figures) roughly 25% get 5k. They spread the money around, and no one gets a full ride. Hard to put up against my offers as similarly ranked schools (1 full ride, 2 half+ rides). Is the whole W&M gestalt worth it?

I tried to negotiate with 20k/year from BU and 15k/year from GW. No dice. I was in-state, 8k a year... so tuition was only 12k a year. I guess they figure how low can you go?

Good to know. I'm instate w/the 8k.

edit: nvm, I can read your profile. duh.

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:42 am

I have a lot of apps, but just the one acceptance so far. Even so, W&M is starting to look very attractive. Small town, close to DC, extensive alumni network, attractive scholarship package....

anniesaysrelax

Postby anniesaysrelax » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:13 pm

Went 'Review Complete' today. Here's to hoping for some good news soon!

tintin

Postby tintin » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:18 pm

well I got into UVA today so I think I'll be withdrawing from W&M soon...and hopefully free up that spot/$ for someone on here!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”