William & Mary

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dakatz

Re: William & Mary

Postby dakatz » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:15 pm

Ken wrote:A newly updated and greatly expanded profile on William and Mary has just been posted and I must say it really conveys what the law school is like:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/william- ... f-law.html

Best of luck everyone, W & M is a great law school.

That was a very interesting read and I'm glad to learn more about the school. Makes me even more interested. As an hispanic student, I'm not sure how I felt when I heard that the hispanic population is about 1.1% of the student body. But hey, I'm all for being the fish out of water and trying something new.

stayway

Postby stayway » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:55 pm

Oh, mine doesn't say "app under review" yet. I'm still at "app ready for review". Guess I have awhile to go.[/quote]

Not necessarily. Mine went from App ready for review, to decision pending. :D[/quote]

I have both of those. "App ready for review" is the current status. And "decision pending" is the decision status.[/quote]

This is what mine says as well. And then under mailings it says Congratulations Admit Packet Mailed.[/quote]

thats what mine says except the congratulations part....the most recent mail decision is Application is Complete/Ready for Review.....

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:59 pm

the new profile is great! thanks Ken :D

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:05 pm

Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:08 pm

ntzsch wrote:
NYVA311 wrote:I've been Decision Pending for a few weeks now....getting frustrated. I'm a massive long-shot, but I want to know either way! It'd be terrible if they kept us waiting until February/March, considering most of us submitted our applications in October (for a reason).

if we dont hear a decision within 1 or 1.5 months after applying then we will be WL'd. LSN history shows that.

They specifically said that they don't send out most decisions until March, why would they send out all waitlists in March when MOST decisions go out then? That doesn't make sense. I think they hold you over if you're not an auto-admit then compare you to everyone else.

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:30 pm

robin600 wrote:
ntzsch wrote:
NYVA311 wrote:I've been Decision Pending for a few weeks now....getting frustrated. I'm a massive long-shot, but I want to know either way! It'd be terrible if they kept us waiting until February/March, considering most of us submitted our applications in October (for a reason).

if we dont hear a decision within 1 or 1.5 months after applying then we will be WL'd. LSN history shows that.

They specifically said that they don't send out most decisions until March, why would they send out all waitlists in March when MOST decisions go out then? That doesn't make sense. I think they hold you over if you're not an auto-admit then compare you to everyone else.

Considering that according to that link Ken sent us, W&M only admits 22% of applicants, wouldn't most of the decisions being sent out in March be waitlists or rejects?

robin600

Postby robin600 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:33 pm

TruckerD wrote:
robin600 wrote:
ntzsch wrote:

Considering that according to that link Ken sent us, W&M only admits 22% of applicants, wouldn't most of the decisions being sent out in March be waitlists or rejects?

But why would they hold onto people they are all just going to WL or reject until March? That doesn't make sense. If they are going to reject you or WL you, why not do it now? It seems to me that they just aren't sure yet, it's not a sure sign of a ding. Plus a lot of students I've talked to that go there currently said that they received their accceptances in March and so did most of their friends.

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:41 pm

The link that Ken sent us says that W&M only admitted 22% of applicants in 2008. Therefore, the vast majority of their decisions are rejections or waitlists. It actually follows that most of the decisions in March are WL or rejections. Especially when you consider that they don't seem to send many (or any?) rejections or WL early. Sure, some people get accepted in March, so no response is not a sure sign of a ding, but it does seem to be something of a sign. Just my read of the situation.

Trucker D

robin600

Postby robin600 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:43 pm

TruckerD wrote:The link that Ken sent us says that W&M only admitted 22% of applicants in 2008. Therefore, the vast majority of their decisions are rejections or waitlists. It actually follows that most of the decisions in March are WL or rejections. Especially when you consider that they don't seem to send many (or any?) rejections or WL early. Sure, some people get accepted in March, so no response is not a sure sign of a ding, but it does seem to be something of a sign. Just my read of the situation.

Trucker D

I agree with you that March is when most of their rejections and waitlists go out, but I think it's also when a big portion of their acceptances go out as well, unless of course you're an auto-admit.

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:47 pm

robin600 wrote:
TruckerD wrote:The link that Ken sent us says that W&M only admitted 22% of applicants in 2008. Therefore, the vast majority of their decisions are rejections or waitlists. It actually follows that most of the decisions in March are WL or rejections. Especially when you consider that they don't seem to send many (or any?) rejections or WL early. Sure, some people get accepted in March, so no response is not a sure sign of a ding, but it does seem to be something of a sign. Just my read of the situation.

Trucker D

I agree with you that March is when most of their rejections and waitlists go out, but I think it's also when a big portion of their acceptances go out as well, unless of course you're an auto-admit.

That's probably true. If you're pushed to March though, your chances of being rejected are better than being accepted. Just as a matter of numbers, I mean. What I don't know how to predict is the case of someone who should have been an auto admit, and has yet to get any response. (ME :( )

bluejayk

Postby bluejayk » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:02 pm

Sweet, got a Congratulations! Admit package review message today on the status tracker, my first admit. Man, that was fast!

Application received 11/16
Application complete 11/17
Admissions packet mailed 11/24

This is great way to start Thanksgiving holiday, something to brag to the family about at least. Hopefully I'll get the packet by Friday, I'd really like to check out the admission materials, see what kinda of $ they're offering, if any.

moonmaster3

Postby moonmaster3 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:07 pm

bluejayk wrote:Sweet, got a Congratulations! Admit package review message today on the status tracker, my first admit. Man, that was fast!

This is great way to start Thanksgiving holiday, something to brag to the family about at least. Hopefully I'll get the packet by Friday, I'd really like to check out the admission materials, see what kinda of $ they're offering, if any.

Stats?

Doritos

Postby Doritos » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:12 pm

TruckerD wrote:
robin600 wrote:

Trucker D

That's probably true. If you're pushed to March though, your chances of being rejected are better than being accepted. Just as a matter of numbers, I mean. What I don't know how to predict is the case of someone who should have been an auto admit, and has yet to get any response. (ME :( )

You are so in. It could be Yield Protect (probably not) or they could just be taking time to figure out how much $$$ to throw your way.

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:13 pm

bluejayk wrote:Sweet, got a Congratulations! Admit package review message today on the status tracker, my first admit. Man, that was fast!

Where's the damned Halloween candy? I'm about to head dive into the SOB :(

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:15 pm

Doritos wrote:
TruckerD wrote:
robin600 wrote:

Trucker D

You are so in. It could be Yield Protect (probably not) or they could just be taking time to figure out how much $$$ to throw your way.

From your lips to God's ears! Hopefully we both will in where we want!

bluejayk

Postby bluejayk » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:16 pm

moonmaster3 wrote:Stats?

173, 3.4, lsn in profile

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:42 pm

ntzsch wrote:do other people who have not gotten in have a "seat deposit" listing under "Fees"??

Yes

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:48 pm

I'm a Graduate Fellow with the $3,000 too!

Zojirushi

Postby Zojirushi » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:54 pm

Congrats Pear!

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:54 pm

Pearalegal wrote:I'm a Graduate Fellow with the $3,000 too!

Congrats. Hope they do another round of acceptances today before the break. I'm really on edge over this one and can't take the anxiety over the long break.

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:55 pm

Thanks! Whooo!

solotee

Postby solotee » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:07 pm

Pearalegal wrote:I'm a Graduate Fellow with the $3,000 too!

Congrats!

summerschooled

Postby summerschooled » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:29 pm

Graduate Fellow + stipend + scholly!!

NYVA311

Postby NYVA311 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:33 pm

They definitely seem to be accepting people who qualify for scholarships before normal acceptances.

Zojirushi

Postby Zojirushi » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:40 pm

NYVA311 wrote:They definitely seem to be accepting people who qualify for scholarships before normal acceptances.

I notice this pattern at most schools. Seems you hear from safeties first.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”