William & Mary

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
vandalvideo

Re: William & Mary

Postby vandalvideo » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:10 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
wired wrote:Both of us are out-state. The fellowship has an out-of-state tuition waiver.

And it's contingent on keeping out-of-state residency. If you get VA residency you lose the fellowship.

Whicih, if you read the scholarship letter, they said they would work with you to provide alternative means of scholarship; like just providing ipso facto instate tuition.

On a side note; Anyone been contacted by a 3L yet? Was quite surprised to have gotten a phone call.

wired

Postby wired » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:46 pm

vandalvideo wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
wired wrote:Both of us are out-state. The fellowship has an out-of-state tuition waiver.

And it's contingent on keeping out-of-state residency. If you get VA residency you lose the fellowship.

Whicih, if you read the scholarship letter, they said they would work with you to provide alternative means of scholarship; like just providing ipso facto instate tuition.

On a side note; Anyone been contacted by a 3L yet? Was quite surprised to have gotten a phone call.

A 2L who also went to my undergrad. I still need to call him back.

I thought it was a nice touch.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:09 pm

wired wrote:
vandalvideo wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:

A 2L who also went to my undergrad. I still need to call him back.

I thought it was a nice touch.

No phone call yet. :cry: Accepted 11/18.

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:10 pm

danidancer wrote:No phone call yet. :cry: Accepted 11/18.

I haven't gotten one either.

NatSec

Postby NatSec » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:34 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
danidancer wrote:No phone call yet. :cry: Accepted 11/18.

I haven't gotten one either.

Not accepted yet. :(

beebs

Postby beebs » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:25 pm

NatSec wrote:Not accepted yet. :(

+1

Rowinguy2009

Postby Rowinguy2009 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:49 am

I took a trip down to Williamsburg today to visit the school. I was very impressed. I've toured W&L and Wake previously, and W&M easily had the best facilities IMO. The people at W&M were really nice, the atmosphere seemed great, honestly everything that I saw just really impressed me.

Combine all this with the scholarship offer I got and I think there is a very good chance Williamsburg is where I'm gonna be in the fall. Not gonna make things official until I hear back/look at offers from all the schools I've applied to, but at this point I feel like there's only one school (Emory) that is even gonna be competition when it comes time to make my choice.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:58 am

beebs wrote:

+1

+2. What is making me nervous is that students with similar numbers to me are getting awesome scholarship offers (and congrats to all who got these offers), whereas I haven't even gotten in yet. At first I thought W&M was a safe bet for admission, but now I'm doubting myself. Though I think I'm just letting these forums make me paranoid (at least I hope...)

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:01 am

Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bissey

Postby bissey » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:42 am

ntzsch wrote:
beebs wrote:

+1

+1 god darn it.

I wish I got that 1 extra guess right. i got a 164, and 165 seems to be the golden ticket, at least from last cycle. Maybe my GPA will do some work though.

Anyone have any thoughts as to the emphasis W&M places on Softs?

166 here and still no word. complete since mid october.

sckon

Postby sckon » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:33 am

bissey wrote:
ntzsch wrote:
beebs wrote:

+1

+1 god darn it.

I wish I got that 1 extra guess right. i got a 164, and 165 seems to be the golden ticket, at least from last cycle. Maybe my GPA will do some work though.

166 here and still no word. complete since mid october.

Same here. They were moving fast and then all of a sudden slammed the brakes. Weird.

goblue2010

Postby goblue2010 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:34 am

ntzsch wrote:
beebs wrote:

+1

+1 god darn it.

I'm gonna conjecture that they do care about softs, and the reason I say that is that I got in with the grad fellowship and scholarship money - but I got significantly more money than some people here who had slighter higher numbers than I do. I am pretty sure that my LORs were pretty special - I am guessing that my softs had something to do with me getting a more money than people with higher numbers...

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:59 am

ntzsch wrote:I just went to "decision pending" :|

And according to them, that means you will get your decision sometime between very soon and next March. I wouldn't start clicking refresh too often just yet. I've been at decision pending for nearly a month.

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:27 pm

ntzsch wrote:
dakatz wrote:
ntzsch wrote:I just went to "decision pending" :|

And according to them, that means you will get your decision sometime between very soon and next March. I wouldn't start clicking refresh too often just yet. I've been at decision pending for nearly a month.

yep, still good to see movement.

+1 Went "decision pending" today as well.

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:31 pm

ntzsch wrote:has anyone who has already gotten in had a "decision pending" ???

No, mine still says Review Complete and never said Decision Pending.

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:36 pm

ntzsch wrote:
well, that makes me feel better.

you already got into W&L IIRC.

Yeah, I did. Hope to hear from W&M soon. Good luck to you!

NYVA311

Postby NYVA311 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:42 pm

I've been Decision Pending for a few weeks now....getting frustrated. I'm a massive long-shot, but I want to know either way! It'd be terrible if they kept us waiting until February/March, considering most of us submitted our applications in October (for a reason).

Ken

Postby Ken » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:46 pm

A newly updated and greatly expanded profile on William and Mary has just been posted and I must say it really conveys what the law school is like:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/william- ... f-law.html

Best of luck everyone, W & M is a great law school.

Rand M.

Postby Rand M. » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:48 pm

Mine went from Application Under Review to Review Complete/Decision Pending today. It says Congratulations! Admit Package mailed. I may get it tomorrow considering I live only 20 mins. away. Good luck to everyone.

summerschooled

Postby summerschooled » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:50 pm

Ken wrote:A newly updated and greatly expanded profile on William and Mary has just been posted and I must say it really conveys what the law school is like:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/william- ... f-law.html

Best of luck everyone, W & M is a great law school.

Thanks, the profile looks great (especially as I'm looking for an excuse to procrastinate)!

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:54 pm

Rand M. wrote:Mine went from Application Under Review to Review Complete/Decision Pending today. It says Congratulations! Admit Package mailed. I may get it tomorrow considering I live only 20 mins. away. Good luck to everyone.

Oh, mine doesn't say "app under review" yet. I'm still at "app ready for review". Guess I have awhile to go.

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:57 pm

dakatz wrote:
Rand M. wrote:Mine went from Application Under Review to Review Complete/Decision Pending today. It says Congratulations! Admit Package mailed. I may get it tomorrow considering I live only 20 mins. away. Good luck to everyone.

Oh, mine doesn't say "app under review" yet. I'm still at "app ready for review". Guess I have awhile to go.

Not necessarily. Mine went from App ready for review, to decision pending. :D

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:59 pm

TruckerD wrote:
dakatz wrote:

I have both of those. "App ready for review" is the current status. And "decision pending" is the decision status.

Rand M.

Postby Rand M. » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:00 pm

dakatz wrote:
TruckerD wrote:
dakatz wrote:

I have both of those. "App ready for review" is the current status. And "decision pending" is the decision status.

This is what mine says as well. And then under mailings it says Congratulations Admit Packet Mailed.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:10 pm

Mine is the same sans the "congrats" mailing. Unfortunately for me, thats sort of the key part. Oh well, I gotta seriously stop checking these things.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”