William & Mary

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
NatSec
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:52 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby NatSec » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:05 pm

I've been decision pending since 11/6.

User avatar
summerschooled
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby summerschooled » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:11 pm

Does anyone know whether they send the admit package to our mailing or permanent address?

User avatar
Notor
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby Notor » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:12 pm

summerschooled wrote:Does anyone know whether they send the admit package to our mailing or permanent address?

They send it to the address you have listed as your current address, or at least that is what they did for me.

User avatar
summerschooled
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby summerschooled » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:15 pm

Notor wrote:
summerschooled wrote:Does anyone know whether they send the admit package to our mailing or permanent address?

They send it to the address you have listed as your current address, or at least that is what they did for me.

Ugh, funnily enough I'm not currently at my current address... Okay, cool. Thanks.

runawaydish
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby runawaydish » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:09 pm

Anybody from the second batch get their admit packets yet? The mail just came and still no packet! And I only live in Northern VA, I didn't think it'd take more than 2 days...

User avatar
TarheelHopeful
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:11 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby TarheelHopeful » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:15 pm

Hey all!

So, here is what my status checker currently says:

Current Status: Application ready for review
Current Status Date: 11/17/2009
Decision Status: Decision Pending
Decision Status Date: 11/19/2009

I guess this really means nothing doesn't it, lol??

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby Vincent Vega » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:55 pm

runawaydish wrote:Anybody from the second batch get their admit packets yet? The mail just came and still no packet! And I only live in Northern VA, I didn't think it'd take more than 2 days...


I have not gotten it yet - I live on the east coast and my school's post office doesn't get mail on weekends, so I guess I will be anticipating it on Monday.

TarheelHopeful wrote:Hey all!

So, here is what my status checker currently says:

Current Status: Application ready for review
Current Status Date: 11/17/2009
Decision Status: Decision Pending
Decision Status Date: 11/19/2009

I guess this really means nothing doesn't it, lol??


Not sure. I never got that status - it went straight from ARFR to Congratulations.

User avatar
UFMatt
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:59 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby UFMatt » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:58 pm

runawaydish wrote:Anybody from the second batch get their admit packets yet? The mail just came and still no packet! And I only live in Northern VA, I didn't think it'd take more than 2 days...


The first wave got theirs on a Saturday. Perhaps they didn't mail them until yesterday?

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby NancyBotwin » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:04 pm

UFMatt wrote:
runawaydish wrote:Anybody from the second batch get their admit packets yet? The mail just came and still no packet! And I only live in Northern VA, I didn't think it'd take more than 2 days...


The first wave got theirs on a Saturday. Perhaps they didn't mail them until yesterday?


I'm assuming that's the case, since I got the Congrats message at about 3:30 mountain time, so 5:30 eastern - and as far as I know mail doesn't go out that late.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby robin600 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:12 pm

Uggh still at decision pending 11/10 163/3.65 good softs (and I'm partially blind). When I visited the Dean she said I was a strong candidate, but looking at everybody else's numbers who got in, it looks like I'm a reject... :cry:

texaspecial88
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby texaspecial88 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:16 pm

why do you think "decision pending" means reject?

mine is decision pending as well btw...

User avatar
thalassocrat
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby thalassocrat » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:18 pm

robin600 wrote:Uggh still at decision pending 11/10 163/3.65 good softs (and I'm partially blind). When I visited the Dean she said I was a strong candidate, but looking at everybody else's numbers who got in, it looks like I'm a reject... :cry:


It's far too early to worry about being a reject yet. FWIW I'm 169/3.91 and still at DP 11/2.

Keep your chin up, they've really barely started.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby robin600 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:28 pm

thalassocrat wrote:
robin600 wrote:Uggh still at decision pending 11/10 163/3.65 good softs (and I'm partially blind). When I visited the Dean she said I was a strong candidate, but looking at everybody else's numbers who got in, it looks like I'm a reject... :cry:


It's far too early to worry about being a reject yet. FWIW I'm 169/3.91 and still at DP 11/2.

Keep your chin up, they've really barely started.


I hope so....

User avatar
gymboree
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:48 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby gymboree » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:24 pm

robin600 wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:
robin600 wrote:Uggh still at decision pending 11/10 163/3.65 good softs (and I'm partially blind). When I visited the Dean she said I was a strong candidate, but looking at everybody else's numbers who got in, it looks like I'm a reject... :cry:


It's far too early to worry about being a reject yet. FWIW I'm 169/3.91 and still at DP 11/2.

Keep your chin up, they've really barely started.


I hope so....


We can hope all we want, but last year (and this is pulled from LSN, so consider the sample size) all September applicants who hadn't heard by the end of November were Waitlisted/Rejected *in March*. The October applicants likewise all heard by the end of November - (the latest was Dec. 1st). The rest of the October applicants? Waitlisted or Rejected in March. Of the November applicants, the bulk of these acceptances went out by the end of December, with some scattered in January.

It seems clear that W&M plows through their applicants methodically. And the date matters. Sept applicant --> hear back by end of November or --> tantamount to Waitlist/Rejected. Oct. applicant --> hear back by end of December or --> Waitlist/Rejected.

So, for those of us early applicants, the longer we wait is news in and of itself. For me, I'm writing W&M off if I don't hear by the end of November. From what I can tell from last year's cycle there's one more batch to go -- here's hoping we're in it!

User avatar
RMstratosphere
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby RMstratosphere » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:43 am

Has anyone who was admitted also received their snail mail supplements? Anyone get the grad fellowship package?

User avatar
UFMatt
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:59 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby UFMatt » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:22 pm

Acceptance package arrived in the mail today! I'm in Florida, so I'd imagine most in the eastern US should get theirs too. It includes scholarship info.

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6342
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby 5ky » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:28 pm

.
Last edited by 5ky on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby dakatz » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:39 pm

gymboree wrote:
robin600 wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:
robin600 wrote:Uggh still at decision pending 11/10 163/3.65 good softs (and I'm partially blind). When I visited the Dean she said I was a strong candidate, but looking at everybody else's numbers who got in, it looks like I'm a reject... :cry:


It's far too early to worry about being a reject yet. FWIW I'm 169/3.91 and still at DP 11/2.

Keep your chin up, they've really barely started.


I hope so....


We can hope all we want, but last year (and this is pulled from LSN, so consider the sample size) all September applicants who hadn't heard by the end of November were Waitlisted/Rejected *in March*. The October applicants likewise all heard by the end of November - (the latest was Dec. 1st). The rest of the October applicants? Waitlisted or Rejected in March. Of the November applicants, the bulk of these acceptances went out by the end of December, with some scattered in January.

It seems clear that W&M plows through their applicants methodically. And the date matters. Sept applicant --> hear back by end of November or --> tantamount to Waitlist/Rejected. Oct. applicant --> hear back by end of December or --> Waitlist/Rejected.

So, for those of us early applicants, the longer we wait is news in and of itself. For me, I'm writing W&M off if I don't hear by the end of November. From what I can tell from last year's cycle there's one more batch to go -- here's hoping we're in it!


Wow, then I really hope I'm in the next group of acceptances. I checked on LSN for URM's with my numbers or above and in the past 5 years, 9 were accepted, and 1 was waitlisted in what looks like yield protection. So I would be pretty surprised and upset if I didn't get in. Crossing my fingers for next week.

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby danidancer » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:36 pm

UFMatt wrote:Acceptance package arrived in the mail today! I'm in Florida, so I'd imagine most in the eastern US should get theirs too. It includes scholarship info.


+1 in NYC. Came in a big Priority Mail envelope.

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby NancyBotwin » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:34 pm

danidancer wrote:
UFMatt wrote:Acceptance package arrived in the mail today! I'm in Florida, so I'd imagine most in the eastern US should get theirs too. It includes scholarship info.


+1 in NYC. Came in a big Priority Mail envelope.


+1 in Phoenix, with fellowship offer!

JessicaD411
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:35 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby JessicaD411 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:20 pm

are all the people who are currently getting acceptances those that applied in september?

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby dakatz » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:23 pm

JessicaD411 wrote:are all the people who are currently getting acceptances those that applied in september?


I think theres a good number of October people as well. Thats whats sort of making me nervous.

User avatar
beesknees
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:46 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby beesknees » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:33 pm

In Florida - got packet today in priority envelope. Applied Friday 10/30 (but didn't submit on LSAC until close to midnight, so techincally, they didn't get my app til Monday 11/2).

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby danidancer » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:57 pm

dakatz wrote:
JessicaD411 wrote:are all the people who are currently getting acceptances those that applied in september?


I think theres a good number of October people as well. Thats whats sort of making me nervous.


Applied 11/1, Received email 11/4, Complete 11/9. Was honestly SHOCKED I had such a fast turn around.

User avatar
UFMatt
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:59 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby UFMatt » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:55 pm

I also applied late October and just got accepted this past week.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, extrawatermelon, geofemme, lg77, notnecessarilyproper, tinafeyclone and 10 guests