William & Mary

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
UFMatt
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:59 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby UFMatt » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:21 pm

Given that everyone is getting the same message this morning, I find it unlikely that we were all rejected considering some of our stats.

User avatar
NatSec
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:52 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby NatSec » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:22 pm

I would consider it good news as some of us with lower stats are still at Decision Pending.

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:23 pm

UFMatt wrote:Given that everyone is getting the same message this morning, I find it unlikely that we were all rejected considering some of our stats.


Agreed. My question is, does this actually mean anything? Did they make a decision, or are they just playing around with the status checker?

I know you don't have the answer. I just want to know!!

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby dakatz » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:23 pm

NatSec wrote:I would consider it good news as some of us with lower stats are still at Decision Pending.


Hell, I have fairly high stats for W&M and I'm still at "decision pending" as well.

User avatar
summerschooled
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby summerschooled » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:23 pm

UFMatt wrote:Given that everyone is getting the same message this morning, I find it unlikely that we were all rejected considering some of our stats.

That (and that they don't wait too long to give us specifics) is what I'm hoping.

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6384
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby 5ky » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:48 pm

.
Last edited by 5ky on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby dakatz » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:51 pm

UFMatt wrote:Given that everyone is getting the same message this morning, I find it unlikely that we were all rejected considering some of our stats.


What "message" is everyone getting? Sorry, I'm a bit lost this morning. Is this the "review complete" that some people got?

User avatar
UFMatt
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:59 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby UFMatt » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:52 pm

dakatz wrote:
UFMatt wrote:Given that everyone is getting the same message this morning, I find it unlikely that we were all rejected considering some of our stats.


What "message" is everyone getting? Sorry, I'm a bit lost this morning. Is this the "review complete" that some people got?


Current Status: Application Ready for Review
Current Status Date: 11/18/2009
Decision Status: Review Complete
Decision Status Date: 11/18/2009

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby dakatz » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:53 pm

UFMatt wrote:
dakatz wrote:
UFMatt wrote:Given that everyone is getting the same message this morning, I find it unlikely that we were all rejected considering some of our stats.


What "message" is everyone getting? Sorry, I'm a bit lost this morning. Is this the "review complete" that some people got?


Current Status: Application Ready for Review
Current Status Date: 11/18/2009
Decision Status: Review Complete
Decision Status Date: 11/18/2009


Ah ok, yet another point at which W&M has forsaken me :)

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby Vincent Vega » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:02 pm

I got said message today. Hoping for good news!

sckon
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby sckon » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:10 pm

NO message. :(

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby robin600 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:15 pm

sckon wrote:NO message. :(


+1 still at decision pending 11/10

unbeknownst
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:07 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby unbeknownst » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:58 pm

A current student called today to congratulate me and answer any questions. She gave me her email address but I wrote it down wrong. Is this a bad sign?

User avatar
UFMatt
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:59 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby UFMatt » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:59 pm

unbeknownst wrote:A current student called today to congratulate me and answer any questions. She gave me her email address but I wrote it down wrong. Is this a bad sign?


Just contact admissions. It's an understandable mistake. Congratulations by the way.

User avatar
Zapatero
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:14 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby Zapatero » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:00 pm

unbeknownst wrote:A current student called today to congratulate me and answer any questions. She gave me her email address but I wrote it down wrong. Is this a bad sign?


Try searching her name on the school's website. It might pop up with her contact info. Congrats btw.

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby starrydecisus » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:02 pm

What was her name? You can PM it to me. I got an email from a girl who is a student there...if it's the same one, I would have her email address!

runawaydish
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby runawaydish » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:20 pm

For the people who got calls today, did you already receive acceptance notification on your status checker? Or was this how you found out?

Also I switched to "Review Complete" this morning. This is agonizing, I hope this means we'll hear something by the end of the week.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby Veritas » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:21 pm

runawaydish wrote:For the people who got calls today, did you already receive acceptance notification on your status checker? Or was this how you found out?

Also I switched to "Review Complete" this morning. This is agonizing, I hope this means we'll hear something by the end of the week.

The calls were for people accepted in the first round.

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby starrydecisus » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:22 pm

Do not worry if you don't have "Congratulations! Admit packet mailed!" I just checked my status (I was admitted 2 weeks ago through the status checker, and received my letter already), and it even says the same thing now. It now longer says the "Congratulations! Admit packet mailed" So it seems like they're just doing away with that particular status. I imagine you all will get your letters within 2-3 days since they send priority mail.

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:24 pm

starrydecisus wrote:Do not worry if you don't have "Congratulations! Admit packet mailed!" I just checked my status (I was admitted 2 weeks ago through the status checker, and received my letter already), and it even says the same thing now. It now longer says the "Congratulations! Admit packet mailed" So it seems like they're just doing away with that particular status. I imagine you all will get your letters within 2-3 days since they send priority mail.


But I wanted the status!

Image

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:39 pm

UFMatt wrote:
dakatz wrote:
UFMatt wrote:Given that everyone is getting the same message this morning, I find it unlikely that we were all rejected considering some of our stats.


What "message" is everyone getting? Sorry, I'm a bit lost this morning. Is this the "review complete" that some people got?


Current Status: Application Ready for Review
Current Status Date: 11/18/2009
Decision Status: Review Complete
Decision Status Date: 11/18/2009


Me too.

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby avacado111 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:42 pm

what is LS tracking no under LSAC account number? Anyone have this?

User avatar
mizzoutigers88
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby mizzoutigers88 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:42 pm

Current Status: Application Ready for Review
Current Status Date: 10/12/2009
Decision Status: Decision Pending
Decision Status Date: 11/3/2009

what does this mean?

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:43 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
summerschooled wrote:
UFMatt wrote:I also have the review complete as of today. Nothing else in the status/mailings. Good luck everyone; hopefully we'll get a more substantive update later today.

+1. It kind of took me by surprise after having the same status for so long.


Ditto. I actually jumped a bit in my chair.


Mee too again. What the crap does it mean? Dammit. People got in with lower numbers than mine. Does this just mean I suck completely?

User avatar
UFMatt
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:59 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby UFMatt » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:44 pm

avacado111 wrote:what is LS tracking no under LSAC account number? Anyone have this?


I also have it. I wouldn't worry about it.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”