William & Mary

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Unadilla Kayaker
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:01 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby Unadilla Kayaker » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:11 am

DCLawGW wrote:Does everyone see a Seat Deposit with an amount due of 0.00 below the application fee on the status checker? Sorry if this has already been answered.


Not to pick on you DCLawGW, as other people have asked similar questions, but do you think they would update the Seat Deposit part and not the decision part? Makes no sense to me. Finally had to say something (sorry to single you out).

This in no way answers your question though.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby tram988 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:17 am

Just changed to decision pending 11/10!!!

User avatar
hypermeganet
Posts: 197
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:34 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby hypermeganet » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:21 am

tram988 wrote:Just changed to decision pending 11/10!!!


Nice! At least they are looking at your app!

I've been at decision pending since 11/3. :-/

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby tram988 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:22 am

hypermeganet wrote:
tram988 wrote:Just changed to decision pending 11/10!!!


Nice! At least they are looking at your app!

I've been at decision pending since 11/3. :-/


Ah damn...so then decision pending doesnt mean a decision is imminent?

User avatar
monkey85
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby monkey85 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:25 am

tram988 wrote: Ah damn...so then decision pending doesnt mean a decision is imminent?


Unfortunately, I don't think so. I believe all it means is that 1) you are complete and 2) you are now ready to be reviewed by the committee but they promise nothing on turnaround.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby tram988 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:26 am

monkey85 wrote:
tram988 wrote: Ah damn...so then decision pending doesnt mean a decision is imminent?


Unfortunately, I don't think so. I believe all it means is that 1) you are complete and 2) you are now ready to be reviewed by the committee but they promise nothing on turnaround.


Thats too bad...I suppose I wont incessantly check my status then lol.

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby TruckerD » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:29 am

In the style of the great one, Voidsix:


Dear William and Mary,

Why are you ignoring me? Do you think I am using you as a safety? It's not true! I have loved you since I was a very small trucker, and will continue to love you. Yet, you show no love for me? Mary, do you not remember the wonderful nights we spent together while William was away for work. He doesn't understand you, Mary. I do! I will be a kind and honorable student for you, Mary. Forget William! Come away with me! Say yes, you will admit me, and make me the happiest trucker in the world. I am on my knees, Mary!

Heartbrokenly yours

Trucker D

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby tram988 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:30 am

TruckerD wrote:In the style of the great one, Voidsix:


Dear William and Mary,

Why are you ignoring me? Do you think I am using you as a safety? It's not true! I have loved you since I was a very small trucker, and will continue to love you. Yet, you show no love for me? Mary, do you not remember the wonderful nights we spent together while William was away for work. He doesn't understand you, Mary. I do! I will be a kind and honorable student for you, Mary. Forget William! Come away with me! Say yes, you will admit me, and make me the happiest trucker in the world. I am on my knees, Mary!

Heartbrokenly yours

Trucker D


ahahah, very good

DCLawGW
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:04 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby DCLawGW » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:39 am

Unadilla Kayaker wrote:
DCLawGW wrote:Does everyone see a Seat Deposit with an amount due of 0.00 below the application fee on the status checker? Sorry if this has already been answered.


Not to pick on you DCLawGW, as other people have asked similar questions, but do you think they would update the Seat Deposit part and not the decision part? Makes no sense to me. Finally had to say something (sorry to single you out).

This in no way answers your question though.


That's true. Though, you never know how their computer systems work. My app status still just says "Application Ready for Review." So I doubt it means anything.

Unadilla Kayaker
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:01 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby Unadilla Kayaker » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:43 am

DCLawGW wrote:
Unadilla Kayaker wrote:
DCLawGW wrote:Does everyone see a Seat Deposit with an amount due of 0.00 below the application fee on the status checker? Sorry if this has already been answered.


Not to pick on you DCLawGW, as other people have asked similar questions, but do you think they would update the Seat Deposit part and not the decision part? Makes no sense to me. Finally had to say something (sorry to single you out).

This in no way answers your question though.


That's true. Though, you never know how their computer systems work. My app status still just says "Application Ready for Review." So I doubt it means anything.


Have the same status and have the Seat Deposit. Never read anything into the Seat Deposit stuff though. Good luck!

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby TruckerD » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:45 am

tram988 wrote:
TruckerD wrote:In the style of the great one, Voidsix:


Dear William and Mary,

Why are you ignoring me? Do you think I am using you as a safety? It's not true! I have loved you since I was a very small trucker, and will continue to love you. Yet, you show no love for me? Mary, do you not remember the wonderful nights we spent together while William was away for work. He doesn't understand you, Mary. I do! I will be a kind and honorable student for you, Mary. Forget William! Come away with me! Say yes, you will admit me, and make me the happiest trucker in the world. I am on my knees, Mary!

Heartbrokenly yours

Trucker D


ahahah, very good


Thank you :D I am not of Voidsix's caliber, but I thought I would try. ;)

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby robin600 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:10 pm

DCLawGW wrote:Does everyone see a Seat Deposit with an amount due of 0.00 below the application fee on the status checker? Sorry if this has already been answered.


Mine lists that too, but my status just changed to decision pending, good sign perhaps? Was ready for review for ages.

nyskidude
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:05 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby nyskidude » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:20 pm

I've had decision pending since 10/27..... Starting to get a tad bit anxious.

User avatar
Miltiades
Posts: 2190
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby Miltiades » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:49 pm

You know, "Decision Pending" is probably not the best word choice on a status checker if one wants to promote calm and patience in applicants.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby robin600 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:30 pm

Miltiades wrote:You know, "Decision Pending" is probably not the best word choice on a status checker if one wants to promote calm and patience in applicants.


How about, "Just dickin around w/your app right now."

User avatar
thalassocrat
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby thalassocrat » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:12 pm

robin600 wrote:
Miltiades wrote:You know, "Decision Pending" is probably not the best word choice on a status checker if one wants to promote calm and patience in applicants.


How about, "Just dickin around w/your app right now."


Or "Testing how well your PS does as a paper airplane."

User avatar
bissey
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 5:12 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby bissey » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:24 pm

TruckerD wrote:In the style of the great one, Voidsix:


Dear William and Mary,

Why are you ignoring me? Do you think I am using you as a safety? It's not true! I have loved you since I was a very small trucker, and will continue to love you. Yet, you show no love for me? Mary, do you not remember the wonderful nights we spent together while William was away for work. He doesn't understand you, Mary. I do! I will be a kind and honorable student for you, Mary. Forget William! Come away with me! Say yes, you will admit me, and make me the happiest trucker in the world. I am on my knees, Mary!

Heartbrokenly yours

Trucker D


very nice. i doubt the safety part though lol

User avatar
juevonate
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:18 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby juevonate » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Got my packet in the mail today.

Am already in-state, and was offered a 3K/year scholarship.....165 LSAT GPA between 3.6 and 3.8. Seems a bit lower than what other people were getting--but I'm glad I'm in.

User avatar
NatSec
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:52 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby NatSec » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:13 pm

Soooooo, someone from the Illinois admissions office posted where they were at in the file review process and let people know why their status checkers had a certain status. If only some kind, lovely, and truly majestic person at William and Mary would take pity on us and do the same.

If only...

User avatar
gymboree
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:48 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby gymboree » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:48 pm

anyone heard anything new from W&M this week? Any new decisions? Let's hope there's a batch Friday.

User avatar
Notor
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby Notor » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:28 pm

NatSec wrote:Soooooo, someone from the Illinois admissions office posted where they were at in the file review process and let people know why their status checkers had a certain status. If only some kind, lovely, and truly majestic person at William and Mary would take pity on us and do the same.

If only...

Where did Illinois post that information?

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby 02082010 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:39 pm

Probably withdrawing in the next week or so. Good luck to all those waiting to hear.

User avatar
NatSec
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:52 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby NatSec » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:07 pm

Notor wrote:
NatSec wrote:Soooooo, someone from the Illinois admissions office posted where they were at in the file review process and let people know why their status checkers had a certain status. If only some kind, lovely, and truly majestic person at William and Mary would take pity on us and do the same.

If only...

Where did Illinois post that information?


Pless wrote:Sorry to jump in on the thread, but I thought I would let you all know what we are doing with applications. I will start reviewing files this week, but people that applied Early Decision will be reviewed first. Once those are done I will move to the regular decision files and review those based on the order of completion. I would expect the first regular decision offers to come out in early December.

We held off sending out the status checker email for a few reasons. I knew that I wouldn't be reviewing files until now and didn't want people to get carpal tunnel hitting the refresh button. Also, even though your file may be complete at LSAC, it typically takes a week or so for it to be complete here at Illinois. This is because we go through every file just to make sure that everything is actually there and ready for review. I was trying to avoid the flood of calls and emails asking why the file wasn't complete yet.

Hope that helps.
Paul



was posted in the Illinois 2010 thread

stephhu
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:35 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby stephhu » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:10 pm

In at William and Mary with about 20,000 in scholarships/fellowship money. I'm excited. Haven't made a decision yet as it is my first acceptance and I'm waiting for other schools as well.

User avatar
gymboree
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:48 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby gymboree » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:23 pm

stephhu wrote:In at William and Mary with about 20,000 in scholarships/fellowship money. I'm excited. Haven't made a decision yet as it is my first acceptance and I'm waiting for other schools as well.


Congrats!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”