William & Mary

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Snowdrifter

Re: William & Mary

Postby Snowdrifter » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:52 pm

342848386278 wrote:Just withdrew with 66k fellowship ; am opting to work one more year before heading to law school. Good luck to those still waiting!

Yes! Now they can funnel those funds over to me... haha. Or just let me off the waitlist.

Bailarina08

Postby Bailarina08 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:53 pm

Snowdrifter wrote:
342848386278 wrote:Just withdrew with 66k fellowship ; am opting to work one more year before heading to law school. Good luck to those still waiting!

Yes! Now they can funnel those funds over to me... haha. Or just let me off the waitlist.

+1

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Mon May 03, 2010 7:31 pm

Hmmmm....any word from W&M? Anybody?

JDforME

Postby JDforME » Mon May 03, 2010 7:59 pm

They sent me an e-mail asking if I wanted to join the FB group when I sent my deposit in. It's not showing up on my groups, though. Hopefully, I didn't accidentally click the wrong thing (b/c the group doesn't come up on search, and I'd be too embarrassed to e-mail them asking for another invite..haha). I guess they just take a long time to confirm, which I'm kinda sad about, b/c it's finals week here and I need another procrastination tool.

Bailarina08

Postby Bailarina08 » Tue May 04, 2010 9:38 am

Does anyone think it would be pushy to send a quick email to admissions saying I know the deposit deadline has passed, and hope they'll keep me in mind if/when they start looking at the waitlist?

APHill

Postby APHill » Tue May 04, 2010 10:50 am

Bailarina08 wrote:Does anyone think it would be pushy to send a quick email to admissions saying I know the deposit deadline has passed, and hope they'll keep me in mind if/when they start looking at the waitlist?

I would just say that you are still excited abou this opportunity - do not mention the deposit deadline...

and the beast

Postby and the beast » Tue May 04, 2010 11:29 am

has anyone at all gotten off the WL for w&m?

Snowdrifter

Postby Snowdrifter » Tue May 04, 2010 1:32 pm

and the beast wrote:has anyone at all gotten off the WL for w&m?

Not to my knowledge.

Dean Wixson told me they wouldn't do much with the waitlist until June.

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Tue May 04, 2010 2:46 pm

Snowdrifter wrote:

Not to my knowledge.

That sounds about right. I'm on WLs at W&M, Davis, and Hastings. I expect each one to start making offers in June, very late May at the earliest.

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Wed May 12, 2010 2:52 pm

Anybody have an idea what kind of grants W&M gives for those who are EFC=O and with very little funds/income?
I woinder whether they part with any $$ as per FAFSA and Need Access forms.

cbliang

Postby cbliang » Wed May 19, 2010 6:00 pm

Does anyone know if people actually did get off this waitlist in the past?

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Wed May 19, 2010 6:44 pm

cbliang wrote:Does anyone know if people actually did get off this waitlist in the past?

LSN.com does not consist of all applicants, not even close.

But, from last year, one person was accepted off the WL, as opposed to 14 who were rejected off of the waitlist, as well as a TON who just remained there forever or withdrew during the cycle.

So, all that shows is proportions. As many as 30 could have been admitted off the WL, but for some reason only one hung out at LSN.
And, to the extent that the sole offer meant anything, it was still but one year. Who knows how representative last year's WL movement was.
8 were accepted off the WL the year before (07/08), so...

peeker82

Postby peeker82 » Wed May 19, 2010 6:51 pm

Snowdrifter wrote:

Not to my knowledge.

how did you talk to Dean Wixson? email? phone?

darknightbegins

Postby darknightbegins » Wed May 19, 2010 7:35 pm

You could try try calling admissions. When I tried calling them for who to send an LOCI to a few weeks the woman that picked up was very helpful. To even said it was possible to patch me directly through to Dean Wixson and talk to him if I called back later. I sent my LOCI and I am thinking about calling her back and trying to talk to the Dean but I'm not sure if that would come off as too strong or not.

cbliang

Postby cbliang » Wed May 19, 2010 8:00 pm

I am starting to think that this waitlist is false hope..... :cry:

darknightbegins

Postby darknightbegins » Wed May 19, 2010 8:13 pm

Most waitlists are false hope. I assume their second seat deposit is due in June like most other schools. You should hear by then if you get off. Also if you are willing to wait until the week or 2 before classes you might hear then. Usually some drop out, for different reasons, a week or two before classes start.

WMCowgirl

Postby WMCowgirl » Wed May 26, 2010 12:00 pm

darknightbegins wrote:You could try try calling admissions. When I tried calling them for who to send an LOCI to a few weeks the woman that picked up was very helpful. To even said it was possible to patch me directly through to Dean Wixson and talk to him if I called back later. I sent my LOCI and I am thinking about calling her back and trying to talk to the Dean but I'm not sure if that would come off as too strong or not.

You should definitely call and talk to him. He is extremely nice and very helpful. If you can, you should actually try to meet with him in person. A face with a name is a definite plus! If not, a voice with a name wouldn't hurt either!

APHill

Postby APHill » Wed May 26, 2010 7:36 pm

darknightbegins wrote:Most waitlists are false hope. I assume their second seat deposit is due in June like most other schools. You should hear by then if you get off. Also if you are willing to wait until the week or 2 before classes you might hear then. Usually some drop out, for different reasons, a week or two before classes start.

Not to be a ball buster, but there is not second deposit, just one big one (500) by May 1st. W&M facebook group is now 198 members.

krj02004

Postby krj02004 » Thu May 27, 2010 10:48 am

I withdrew my offer of admission.... so good luck to those on the WL!

robin600

Postby robin600 » Thu May 27, 2010 10:21 pm

I sent a LOCI email to Faye Shealy like 5 days ago and she got back to me saying thanks for keeping in contact and make sure to let her know if my address changes in the next two weeks. Promising maybe?

servinDizzert

Postby servinDizzert » Thu May 27, 2010 10:23 pm

robin600 wrote:I sent a LOCI email to Faye Shealy like 5 days ago and she got back to me saying thanks for keeping in contact and make sure to let her know if my address changes in the next two weeks. Promising maybe?

Wow...2 weeks as in June 15th timeeee.....get ready for a seat

Edit: FELLOW SPARTAN!!! Taking all my seats at WUSTL and now W&M...wtfff

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Thu May 27, 2010 10:31 pm

Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Thu May 27, 2010 10:33 pm

robin600 wrote:I sent a LOCI email to Faye Shealy like 5 days ago and she got back to me saying thanks for keeping in contact and make sure to let her know if my address changes in the next two weeks. Promising maybe?

From the W&M WL web page:

How am I kept informed as to my status on the wait list?

Applicants who elect to remain on the wait list will receive via email a status report in early June. This allows us time to determine the number of admitted students who have paid a seat deposit. We will also send a final status report before enrollment is finalized and classes begin.

So sounds like they are in fact planning on making moves in early June..

robin600

Postby robin600 » Thu May 27, 2010 10:40 pm

krispykitten wrote:

If you receive an offer, will you attend?

If I get a good scholly I will. They will have to give me a bit more than WUSTL to make it worth my while. No money = no go, unless chatum tanning decides to attend William and Mary, then all bets are off!
servinDizzert wrote:

Wow...2 weeks as in June 15th timeeee.....get ready for a seat

Edit: FELLOW SPARTAN!!! Taking all my seats at WUSTL and now W&M...wtfff

Aww sorry! Just WUSTL so far lol! Class of 2010? I just graduated. 845am at the Breslin = pain in the ass!

servinDizzert

Postby servinDizzert » Thu May 27, 2010 11:37 pm

Aww sorry! Just WUSTL so far lol! Class of 2010? I just graduated. 845am at the Breslin = pain in the ass!

Haha yeah PoliSci-PreLaw....blacked out Friday night and had to sit through that miserable graduation ceremony. Biggest college at MSU was NOT cool.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”