William & Mary

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
UFMatt

Re: William & Mary

Postby UFMatt » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:14 pm

monkey85 wrote:Withdrew today and gave up Fellowship offer. Good luck to the waitlisters. May my spot go to a TLS-er!

Same here, a few days ago.

NYVA311

Postby NYVA311 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:23 pm

Visited today, liked it a lot! Williamsburg would be a great town to live in for several years. Hope I have some luck getting off the WL.

Diskette15

Postby Diskette15 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:42 am

withdrew today with 30k merit, hope it goes to someone here

becauseimaddicted

Postby becauseimaddicted » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:27 am

Withdrew a few days ago. W&M at sticker wasn't appealing to me. Hope someone gets my spot!

GatorBait09

Postby GatorBait09 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:05 pm

WOOOO! Look at all these withdrawn seats!

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:00 pm

Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

84Sunbird2000

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:18 am

krispykitten wrote:Well, they're definitely working on weekends. Got an email at noon today from Faye-- they increased my scholarship (I'm in-state) from 8k/yr to 10k/year. Negotiating works!! Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist!

Nice! They don't seem to make drastic adjustments to scholarships, but they are definitely pretty responsive.

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:43 am

Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

84Sunbird2000

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:57 am

krispykitten wrote:
84Sunbird2000 wrote:
krispykitten wrote:Well, they're definitely working on weekends. Got an email at noon today from Faye-- they increased my scholarship (I'm in-state) from 8k/yr to 10k/year. Negotiating works!! Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist!

Nice! They don't seem to make drastic adjustments to scholarships, but they are definitely pretty responsive.

Exactly. Like I said, I would've been happy with an extra $500 a year-- I'm just thrilled that it's another $6k in debt that I don't have to worry about and all it took was an email.

You still up in the air about where you're going?

Yeah...until I visit IUB, I'll be up in the air. I'm just leaving W and L right now, and I think I'd keep W and M ahead of them by a nose. I did like W&L, and I felt like the school and the career services and the setting was wonderful. However, I feel like there is probably a bigger party/drinking culture without as many outlets here than there are in Williamsburg. I felt like there was a more nerdy/academic focus at W&M (without being overwhelming at all) and that actually seems attractive. Did have a great time watching the NCAA tourney games at the bar last night, but that's a rare occasion.

However, the mountains out here are sirens. THEY BECKON TO ME LIKE A BEACON IN THE NIGHT!

Leaning W and M still, though.

NYVA311

Postby NYVA311 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:05 pm

Does anybody know how many people are on the wait list? According to LSN, it looks like there are approximately 215 people currently on the wait list. Hopefully there's not too many more than that..

Snowdrifter

Postby Snowdrifter » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:10 pm

Grats, krispy! That is stellar!

NU_Jet55, Bailarina, and myself are still sitting on the waitlist hoping to be in the Class of 2013... 8)

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:11 pm

Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snowdrifter

Postby Snowdrifter » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:16 pm

NYVA311 wrote:Does anybody know how many people are on the wait list? According to LSN, it looks like there are approximately 215 people currently on the wait list. Hopefully there's not too many more than that..

I think it was in this thread, but I'm too lazy to check...

Basically, at the end of March, hundreds of people were tossed onto the WL at W&M. A lot of people who would have been auto-rejects by their LSAT/GPA averages were waitlisted, and I think there were a bunch of YP's as well...I might be mixing that with another school. ANYWAY, the bottom line is that there are probably still tons of people on the waitlist. They've said it's not ranked, but clearly there has to be some order of preference involved.

On the other hand, some people still believe that the W&M waitlist is determined by Shealy, Nixson, and Thurston playing rock/paper/scissors. Haha.

laureng05

Postby laureng05 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:27 am

krispykitten wrote:
84Sunbird2000 wrote:

Exactly. Like I said, I would've been happy with an extra $500 a year-- I'm just thrilled that it's another $6k in debt that I don't have to worry about and all it took was an email.

You still up in the air about where you're going?

If you don't mind me asking, how did you go about asking for more money? I got a $6k a year scholarship, but obviously wouldn't mind more. Thanks for your advice! I just don't want to annoy them!

Unadilla Kayaker

Postby Unadilla Kayaker » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:23 am

For all those who will be joining me in Williamsburg in the fall, I thought I'd give a spring/summer update.
1. My name is Brian.

2. Currently I am in the Japan Airlines Business Class Lounge at JFK waiting for my flight back to Taiwan. Wednesday night I fly to Singapore to start a two month trek through Southeast Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Burma, Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam) which I hope includes scuba diving in both Thailand and Cambodia as well as some sailing (amongst other touristy things). In June I go back to Taiwan to work for two months during the summer before coming back at the end of July to move to Williamsburg. The most awesome part of this whole trip (so far) is that my trans-Pacific flights both ways are business class and the flights cost me only $250 dollars (Flyertalk is the second best webforum after TLS).

Anyway, I might be off the grid a bit during my travels but I'll try to check in on this tread periodically. Perhaps some others who are committed to attend W&M will make themselves known as well. Looking forward to meeting everyone in August.

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:17 pm

APHill

Postby APHill » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:00 pm

Congrats! I wonder if I hear anything soon... What is the first letter of your last name? I wonder if they are going down the alphabet...

JohnHawkins

Postby JohnHawkins » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:13 pm

Just put my check in the mail. See you all in the fall!

Snowdrifter

Postby Snowdrifter » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:11 pm

APHill wrote:

Congrats! I wonder if I hear anything soon... What is the first letter of your last name? I wonder if they are going down the alphabet...

For negotiating, or for the waitlist? I would facepalm if it was for the latter, haha... Also, I personally would be screwed. lol!

APHill

Postby APHill » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:13 pm

Snowdrifter wrote:
APHill wrote:

For negotiating, or for the waitlist? I would facepalm if it was for the latter, haha... Also, I personally would be screwed. lol!

That is schollie, man...

getmetolawschool

Postby getmetolawschool » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:17 pm

just sent in my check ... see you guys in aug i hope!

Snowdrifter

Postby Snowdrifter » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:22 pm

APHill wrote:
Snowdrifter wrote:
APHill wrote:

That is schollie, man...

Indeed. Well, good luck with the negotiations!

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:18 pm

Does anybody know if there has been any W&M WL admissions yet? I don't imagine so —most schools start going to the list in May or June.

SportsFanatic

Postby SportsFanatic » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:43 am

Withdrew today with 15k scholly. Very tough decision, I really liked W&M. Just couldn't pass up money at my other choice. Good luck everyone.

APHill

Postby APHill » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:33 pm

After requesting an increase in scholarship I was advised to proceed in my decision process with my current scholarship package, as it is possible but not probable that the package will be increased....

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”