William & Mary

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
UFMatt
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:59 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby UFMatt » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:14 pm

monkey85 wrote:Withdrew today and gave up Fellowship offer. Good luck to the waitlisters. May my spot go to a TLS-er!


Same here, a few days ago.

NYVA311
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby NYVA311 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:23 pm

Visited today, liked it a lot! Williamsburg would be a great town to live in for several years. Hope I have some luck getting off the WL.

Diskette15
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 9:58 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby Diskette15 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:42 am

withdrew today with 30k merit, hope it goes to someone here

becauseimaddicted
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:11 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby becauseimaddicted » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:27 am

Withdrew a few days ago. W&M at sticker wasn't appealing to me. Hope someone gets my spot!

GatorBait09
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby GatorBait09 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:05 pm

WOOOO! Look at all these withdrawn seats!

krispykitten
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby krispykitten » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:00 pm

.
Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
84Sunbird2000
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:18 am

krispykitten wrote:Well, they're definitely working on weekends. Got an email at noon today from Faye-- they increased my scholarship (I'm in-state) from 8k/yr to 10k/year. Negotiating works!! Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist!


Nice! They don't seem to make drastic adjustments to scholarships, but they are definitely pretty responsive.

krispykitten
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby krispykitten » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:43 am

.
Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
84Sunbird2000
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:57 am

krispykitten wrote:
84Sunbird2000 wrote:
krispykitten wrote:Well, they're definitely working on weekends. Got an email at noon today from Faye-- they increased my scholarship (I'm in-state) from 8k/yr to 10k/year. Negotiating works!! Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist!


Nice! They don't seem to make drastic adjustments to scholarships, but they are definitely pretty responsive.


Exactly. Like I said, I would've been happy with an extra $500 a year-- I'm just thrilled that it's another $6k in debt that I don't have to worry about and all it took was an email.

You still up in the air about where you're going?


Yeah...until I visit IUB, I'll be up in the air. I'm just leaving W and L right now, and I think I'd keep W and M ahead of them by a nose. I did like W&L, and I felt like the school and the career services and the setting was wonderful. However, I feel like there is probably a bigger party/drinking culture without as many outlets here than there are in Williamsburg. I felt like there was a more nerdy/academic focus at W&M (without being overwhelming at all) and that actually seems attractive. Did have a great time watching the NCAA tourney games at the bar last night, but that's a rare occasion.

However, the mountains out here are sirens. THEY BECKON TO ME LIKE A BEACON IN THE NIGHT!

Leaning W and M still, though.

NYVA311
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby NYVA311 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:05 pm

Does anybody know how many people are on the wait list? According to LSN, it looks like there are approximately 215 people currently on the wait list. Hopefully there's not too many more than that..

User avatar
Snowdrifter
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby Snowdrifter » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:10 pm

krispykitten wrote:Well, they're definitely working on weekends. Got an email at noon today from Faye-- they increased my scholarship (I'm in-state) from 8k/yr to 10k/year. Negotiating works!! Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist!


Grats, krispy! That is stellar!

NU_Jet55, Bailarina, and myself are still sitting on the waitlist hoping to be in the Class of 2013... 8)

krispykitten
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby krispykitten » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:11 pm

.
Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Snowdrifter
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby Snowdrifter » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:16 pm

NYVA311 wrote:Does anybody know how many people are on the wait list? According to LSN, it looks like there are approximately 215 people currently on the wait list. Hopefully there's not too many more than that..


I think it was in this thread, but I'm too lazy to check...

Basically, at the end of March, hundreds of people were tossed onto the WL at W&M. A lot of people who would have been auto-rejects by their LSAT/GPA averages were waitlisted, and I think there were a bunch of YP's as well...I might be mixing that with another school. ANYWAY, the bottom line is that there are probably still tons of people on the waitlist. They've said it's not ranked, but clearly there has to be some order of preference involved.

On the other hand, some people still believe that the W&M waitlist is determined by Shealy, Nixson, and Thurston playing rock/paper/scissors. Haha.

laureng05
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:57 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby laureng05 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:27 am

krispykitten wrote:
84Sunbird2000 wrote:
krispykitten wrote:Well, they're definitely working on weekends. Got an email at noon today from Faye-- they increased my scholarship (I'm in-state) from 8k/yr to 10k/year. Negotiating works!! Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist!


Nice! They don't seem to make drastic adjustments to scholarships, but they are definitely pretty responsive.


Exactly. Like I said, I would've been happy with an extra $500 a year-- I'm just thrilled that it's another $6k in debt that I don't have to worry about and all it took was an email.

You still up in the air about where you're going?


If you don't mind me asking, how did you go about asking for more money? I got a $6k a year scholarship, but obviously wouldn't mind more. Thanks for your advice! I just don't want to annoy them!

Unadilla Kayaker
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:01 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby Unadilla Kayaker » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:23 am

For all those who will be joining me in Williamsburg in the fall, I thought I'd give a spring/summer update.
1. My name is Brian.

2. Currently I am in the Japan Airlines Business Class Lounge at JFK waiting for my flight back to Taiwan. Wednesday night I fly to Singapore to start a two month trek through Southeast Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Burma, Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam) which I hope includes scuba diving in both Thailand and Cambodia as well as some sailing (amongst other touristy things). In June I go back to Taiwan to work for two months during the summer before coming back at the end of July to move to Williamsburg. The most awesome part of this whole trip (so far) is that my trans-Pacific flights both ways are business class and the flights cost me only $250 dollars (Flyertalk is the second best webforum after TLS).

Anyway, I might be off the grid a bit during my travels but I'll try to check in on this tread periodically. Perhaps some others who are committed to attend W&M will make themselves known as well. Looking forward to meeting everyone in August.

krispykitten
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby krispykitten » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:17 pm

.
Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
APHill
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:22 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby APHill » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:00 pm

krispykitten wrote:Well, they're definitely working on weekends. Got an email at noon today from Faye-- they increased my scholarship (I'm in-state) from 8k/yr to 10k/year. Negotiating works!! Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist!


Congrats! I wonder if I hear anything soon... What is the first letter of your last name? I wonder if they are going down the alphabet...

JohnHawkins
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 3:14 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby JohnHawkins » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:13 pm

Just put my check in the mail. See you all in the fall!

User avatar
Snowdrifter
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby Snowdrifter » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:11 pm

APHill wrote:
krispykitten wrote:Well, they're definitely working on weekends. Got an email at noon today from Faye-- they increased my scholarship (I'm in-state) from 8k/yr to 10k/year. Negotiating works!! Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist!


Congrats! I wonder if I hear anything soon... What is the first letter of your last name? I wonder if they are going down the alphabet...


For negotiating, or for the waitlist? I would facepalm if it was for the latter, haha... Also, I personally would be screwed. lol!

User avatar
APHill
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:22 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby APHill » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:13 pm

Snowdrifter wrote:
APHill wrote:
krispykitten wrote:Well, they're definitely working on weekends. Got an email at noon today from Faye-- they increased my scholarship (I'm in-state) from 8k/yr to 10k/year. Negotiating works!! Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist!


Congrats! I wonder if I hear anything soon... What is the first letter of your last name? I wonder if they are going down the alphabet...


For negotiating, or for the waitlist? I would facepalm if it was for the latter, haha... Also, I personally would be screwed. lol!


That is schollie, man...

getmetolawschool
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:38 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby getmetolawschool » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:17 pm

just sent in my check ... see you guys in aug i hope!

User avatar
Snowdrifter
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby Snowdrifter » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:22 pm

APHill wrote:
Snowdrifter wrote:
APHill wrote:
krispykitten wrote:Well, they're definitely working on weekends. Got an email at noon today from Faye-- they increased my scholarship (I'm in-state) from 8k/yr to 10k/year. Negotiating works!! Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist!


Congrats! I wonder if I hear anything soon... What is the first letter of your last name? I wonder if they are going down the alphabet...


For negotiating, or for the waitlist? I would facepalm if it was for the latter, haha... Also, I personally would be screwed. lol!


That is schollie, man...


Indeed. Well, good luck with the negotiations!

User avatar
tommytahoe
Posts: 548
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:46 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby tommytahoe » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:18 pm

Does anybody know if there has been any W&M WL admissions yet? I don't imagine so —most schools start going to the list in May or June.

User avatar
SportsFanatic
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:01 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby SportsFanatic » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:43 am

Withdrew today with 15k scholly. Very tough decision, I really liked W&M. Just couldn't pass up money at my other choice. Good luck everyone.

User avatar
APHill
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:22 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby APHill » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:33 pm

After requesting an increase in scholarship I was advised to proceed in my decision process with my current scholarship package, as it is possible but not probable that the package will be increased....




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Assasindowntheavenue, Exabot [Bot], guybourdin, Harry Ass Truman, Keilz, oliviaj_j, spookyg_g_ghost, XUMickeal and 19 guests