William & Mary

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
smartblonde87
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby smartblonde87 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:33 pm

In case you non-decision folks were wondering, the status checker didn't change even when I got the email. My page still says:

Current Status: Application Ready for Review
Current Status Date: 1/14/2010
Decision Status: Decision Pending
Decision Status Date: 1/20/2010

keemos
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:22 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby keemos » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:34 pm

waitlisted. withdrew

Slimpee
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby Slimpee » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:37 pm

Waitlisted

User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby ryguy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:47 pm

smartblonde87 wrote:In case you non-decision folks were wondering, the status checker didn't change even when I got the email. My page still says:

Current Status: Application Ready for Review
Current Status Date: 1/14/2010
Decision Status: Decision Pending
Decision Status Date: 1/20/2010

You are brave, I couldn't handle checking that thing ANY more.

User avatar
smartblonde87
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby smartblonde87 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:54 pm

ryguy wrote:
smartblonde87 wrote:In case you non-decision folks were wondering, the status checker didn't change even when I got the email. My page still says:

Current Status: Application Ready for Review
Current Status Date: 1/14/2010
Decision Status: Decision Pending
Decision Status Date: 1/20/2010

You are brave, I couldn't handle checking that thing ANY more.


lol thanks. but you know what they say - curiosity killed the cat!

User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby ryguy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:55 pm

dp73816 wrote:Talked to the Dean, visited campus...even went ahead and took the GRE so I could apply for the dual-degree program...rejected; not even a WL...Im kind of at a loss for words, honestly...whatever, Ill take a scholarship somewhere else

Sheez!!! That's so bad.

User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby ryguy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:56 pm

smartblonde87 wrote:
ryguy wrote:
smartblonde87 wrote:In case you non-decision folks were wondering, the status checker didn't change even when I got the email. My page still says:

Current Status: Application Ready for Review
Current Status Date: 1/14/2010
Decision Status: Decision Pending
Decision Status Date: 1/20/2010

You are brave, I couldn't handle checking that thing ANY more.


lol thanks. but you know what they say - curiosity killed the cat!

Or cat got annoyed to death. Please don't put that status checker thingy up any more? Pretty please.

User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby ryguy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:58 pm

What I like is the phase "let us know as soon as possible if you wish to be removed from the waitlist" HAAAAA Are you kidding me. Maybe when hexx freezes over.

User avatar
tekisui
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:04 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby tekisui » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:00 pm

I was wait-listed from W&M today, via email.

3.3, 164, OOS

User avatar
kalede
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:59 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby kalede » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:02 pm

Waitlisted, and withdrawing. I liked the part where they said that decisions could be made in mid-August.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby robin600 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:07 pm

Waitlisted, sticking this one out!
edit: well maybe not, Iowa visit soon and they are ranked higher and have a better admissions process. I think I might enjoy them better anyways.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby robin600 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:10 pm

ryguy wrote:What I like is the phase "let us know as soon as possible if you wish to be removed from the waitlist" HAAAAA Are you kidding me. Maybe when hexx freezes over.

Remember that others are sticking the wait list out and may want your spot!

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby dakatz » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:12 pm

ryguy wrote:What I like is the phase "let us know as soon as possible if you wish to be removed from the waitlist" HAAAAA Are you kidding me. Maybe when hexx freezes over.


Haha yes I found it pretty ironic. I wanted to be all snide and say "yes, I'll let you know as soon as possible. I'll make sure to rush to get that to you, because you did the same for me when you took 5 months to get a WL decision to me"

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:13 pm

also waitlisted, 170/3.34. don't much care.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby traehekat » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:20 pm

Also waitlisted today, 164/3.59. No surprise, happy to close the book on WM. Good luck to everyone sticking out/still waiting on a decision.

User avatar
Chelios
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:04 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby Chelios » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:21 pm

robin600 wrote:
ryguy wrote:What I like is the phase "let us know as soon as possible if you wish to be removed from the waitlist" HAAAAA Are you kidding me. Maybe when hexx freezes over.

Remember that others are sticking the wait list out and may want your spot!



+1, dude. Remember that you're hurting us, not them, by staying on that waitlist if you're not interested.

User avatar
moonchow
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:46 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby moonchow » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:33 pm

hmm, Waitlisted.
I was a little disappointed, but now feel sort of lucky seeing some people here with much better numbers also put on hold (my numbers are only 161, 3.6).

Still, I wish it wouldn't have taken them so long.

User avatar
macatak911
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 12:24 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby macatak911 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:35 pm

W/L

165/2.91

If I get off this ting it will be a miracle.

goingoingone
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 12:23 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby goingoingone » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:36 pm

Waitlist. 161/3.94

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby NU_Jet55 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:37 pm

Chelios wrote:
robin600 wrote:
ryguy wrote:What I like is the phase "let us know as soon as possible if you wish to be removed from the waitlist" HAAAAA Are you kidding me. Maybe when hexx freezes over.

Remember that others are sticking the wait list out and may want your spot!



+1, dude. Remember that you're hurting us, not them, by staying on that waitlist if you're not interested.


+1, I was shellshocked by my waitlist at W&M today and I veeeery much want to go there. Please let them know asap if you're not interested.

User avatar
Huskrfn127
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:06 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby Huskrfn127 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:38 pm

waitlist, withdrawn

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby akili » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:42 pm

What do you think about W&M vs. W&L? Are they comparable?

User avatar
UF Gators
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:57 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby UF Gators » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:44 pm

adrib wrote:it makes me happy to join you winners on the WL--y'alls numbers are way better than mine.

:x You are already in a Texas!

freeman09
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:06 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby freeman09 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:45 pm

Waitlisted too. 163/3.95/VA Resident/Good LORs plus I even run my own business.

W&L is looking really good right this second but I'll try to get off the WM WL.

By the way, who is actually getting in?

Last time I checked, WM is no UVA, Duke, Vandy, or Emory. I got waitlisted at all those schools while some of the admitted students at WM show rejections to the same schools.

Great school but don't quite know whats going on.

freeman09
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:06 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby freeman09 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:48 pm

akili wrote:What do you think about W&M vs. W&L? Are they comparable?



WM GPA 3.35-3.79/ LSAT 160-166

W&L GPA 3.27-3.70/ LSAT 160-166

Lots more to compare but nothing too far apart.

I'd be interested to hear what others think who are looking at the two schools.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acz26, Chipotle85, Christinabruin, Google [Bot], Houzy, Leahmealone, Long shot hero, PDX4343, proteinshake, Rich Uncle Skeleton and 11 guests