William & Mary

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tommytahoe

Re: William & Mary

Postby tommytahoe » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:27 pm

robin600 wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:
T14_Scholly wrote:It's premature to be sending in LOCIs. They are only appropriate after the school has communicated to you that you might get in but haven't yet - i.e., a waitlist. You already applied, so you don't need to supplement that with something saying "I really did mean to apply."

Ditto that. All you'd be doing would be telling them that you are equally, if not more so, desperate to find out whether you got accepted.

of course, if four or five months have passed without any movement on status checker, I can see how maybe a quick, courteous, non-LOCI phone call may help to clear things up. I mean, it's just a quick blurb of ino. you are after...

When I talked to Dean Shealy she urged me to send them in, so I think you're wrong on that end. I don't think a letter stating how much you want to attend and adding new updates to your application can ever hurt. Call and ask the admissions office, they'll tell you the same thing.

Cool, well that clears things up, thanks. And now the letters will fly! :)
I will try the same thing with GULC, who by some true miracle just put me on their Preferred Waitlist. Despite their saying that "we'll contact you" in May, I will spend the next three weeks boosting my resume/transcript as much as humanly possible, and send 'em a professional Letter of Undying and Devoted Interest (LOUDI) in late March.

wakefield

Postby wakefield » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:31 pm

is anyone going to ASW? is it really worth going that weekend, or will any random saturday suffice?

i know it's an awkward point in this thread to ask, and i'm sorry to everyone still DP. just trying to plan my visits!

T14_Scholly

Postby T14_Scholly » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:35 pm

robin600 wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:
T14_Scholly wrote:It's premature to be sending in LOCIs. They are only appropriate after the school has communicated to you that you might get in but haven't yet - i.e., a waitlist. You already applied, so you don't need to supplement that with something saying "I really did mean to apply."

Ditto that. All you'd be doing would be telling them that you are equally, if not more so, desperate to find out whether you got accepted.

of course, if four or five months have passed without any movement on status checker, I can see how maybe a quick, courteous, non-LOCI phone call may help to clear things up. I mean, it's just a quick blurb of ino. you are after...

When I talked to Dean Shealy she urged me to send them in, so I think you're wrong on that end. I don't think a letter stating how much you want to attend and adding new updates to your application can ever hurt. Call and ask the admissions office, they'll tell you the same thing.

Ah - if you have new things to add, I can see that.

getmetolawschool

Postby getmetolawschool » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:23 pm

is anyone going to ASW? is it really worth going that weekend, or will any random saturday suffice?

i know it's an awkward point in this thread to ask, and i'm sorry to everyone still DP. just trying to plan my visits!

i'm def going! already booked my room :)

insertclevernamehere

Postby insertclevernamehere » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:47 pm

Rabbit, Rabbit everyone! We are finally in March, the month when: "The majority of decisions will be finalized..."

I just can't wait until this giant teasefest is over :)

unbeknownst

Postby unbeknownst » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:50 pm

Is anyone going to the Friday night reception by way of DC? I'm looking for a ride as I don't own a car... PM me.

2010law

Postby 2010law » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:47 pm

I am going to ASW...............

DEANBIGBROTHERALMI-T

Postby DEANBIGBROTHERALMI-T » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:41 pm

thinking about going to the ASW.

CoaltoNewCastle

Postby CoaltoNewCastle » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:43 pm

I withdrew yesterday. Good luck, everyone!

JRothman

Postby JRothman » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:28 pm

insertclevernamehere wrote:Rabbit, Rabbit everyone! We are finally in March, the month when: "The majority of decisions will be finalized..."

I just can't wait until this giant teasefest is over :)

I would love to get in-- they're a bit of a reach, so this long wait (since mid-Nov) is worrying me, but I'm hoping that 160/3.65/good softs will help. Hopefully we'll here soon!

set88

Postby set88 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:52 pm

getmetolawschool wrote:

i'm def going! already booked my room :)

I don't suppose somebody could tell me how to do this or if I'm just being dense... I probably missed it somewhere, but I definitely want to go.

jtgain

Postby jtgain » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:47 pm

Waited 6 months for March to arrive to see what the outcome of my DP was........and I just withdrew...

getmetolawschool

Postby getmetolawschool » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:58 am

I don't suppose somebody could tell me how to do this or if I'm just being dense... I probably missed it somewhere, but I definitely want to go.

If you log on to the accepted students page there is info about the ASW and how to book with the group rate at the Williamsburg Hospitality House ... that's where I'm staying.

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:25 am

Have they sent out rejections yet?

prelaw10

Postby prelaw10 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:03 am

Did people whose status is at the dreaded DR previously have Current Status: Application Ready for Review?
So Application Ready --> DR? or
Complete --> DR?

Just curious whether App Ready has any significance.

Sorry for the poorly worded question.

Thanks!

get it to x

Postby get it to x » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:34 am

Perhaps the backlog for many of you is the fact that William and Mary is actually conducting a holistic review for everyone that does not have auto-admit numbers (which I am assuming is the bulk of the incoming class). Their website really emphasizes a whole person evaluation with much more going into it than LSAT/GPA. This could be just admission "company policy," but the lengthy amount of time and even the interview on TLS seems to indicate that they might be practicing what they preach.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:22 pm

Since they are not a rolling admissions school, maybe they are just reviewing everyone who isn't automit together after they have everyone complete. Since Feb scores just came out this weekend (and mine next weekend), there are still a lot of incomlete files, I would presume they are going to wail until they get all those reports to start full review for all the middle applicants. They promise a 4/1 decision and they still have 3 weeks to do it, I think most everyone will hear by them.

NeedAdviceNow

Postby NeedAdviceNow » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:22 pm

My decision pending date changed to 3/3 from mid January, but no decision was made. Any significance or it's just nothing? Thoughts? Anybody else in the same boat?

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:29 pm

I don't think they wait for February scores. It takes awhile for them to officially be sent to the law schools. I would think that most decisions are made by then.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:35 pm

Emma1 wrote:I don't think they wait for February scores. It takes awhile for them to officially be sent to the law schools. I would think that most decisions are made by then.

I was invited to apply even though Feb score is my first score. Deadline to apply was Monday, and Feb scores were released 2 days prior. I presume they will wait until everyone's complete.

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:10 pm

I think it takes awhile for the scores to officially get to the law school (although maybe not because I'm not sure there are many people affected by this). I am not saying they won't consider them but I don't believe they will wait to receive them before they make decisions on other files. They are obviously interested in you...Congrats!!!!

clwilson6

Postby clwilson6 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:31 pm

NeedAdviceNow wrote:My decision pending date changed to 3/3 from mid January, but no decision was made. Any significance or it's just nothing? Thoughts? Anybody else in the same boat?

Yeah, my status checker did the same thing. It was updated to 3/3 but says Decision Pending instead of Decision Rendered. Maybe they're just waiting to send the e-mail or snail-mail out before they update it to DR. I don't know, I'm guessing at this point. Anybody else go through this or did your application go straight from DP to DR with no date change?

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:43 pm

Received my financial aid in the mail today. So be on the look out!

prelaw10

Postby prelaw10 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:44 pm

decision pending is bad news, but there could be worse news. One person on LSN was rejected, so it seems they would reject you if you had NO chance. Hang in there...

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:28 am

Emma1 wrote:I think it takes awhile for the scores to officially get to the law school (although maybe not because I'm not sure there are many people affected by this). I am not saying they won't consider them but I don't believe they will wait to receive them before they make decisions on other files. They are obviously interested in you...Congrats!!!!

Thanks! Let's turn that into an acceptance and some $$ :)

I hope to be complete in the next 2 weeks, my email said I should hear back by 4/1 and I think everyone is in the same boat right?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”