William & Mary Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Regionality

Silver

Re: William & Mary

Post by Regionality » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:45 am

jlnoa0915 wrote:
Regionality wrote:Based on LSN, W&M hasn't rejected or waitlisted anyone yet. I haven't heard from them at all...is it safe to assume I'm a waitlist or reject? Numbers: 163, 3.63, good softs.
I got the same numbers as you and what I believe good softs. In the same boat, DP since 1/12.
Just the waiting game for the time being.
HA! I've been DP since 1/13...maybe they'll do it in chrono order and let you in and then say "well, we're full of thoroughly borderline candidates now. REJECT"

jlnoa0915

Bronze

Post by jlnoa0915 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:56 am

Regionality wrote:
jlnoa0915 wrote:
Regionality wrote:Based on LSN, W&M hasn't rejected or waitlisted anyone yet. I haven't heard from them at all...is it safe to assume I'm a waitlist or reject? Numbers: 163, 3.63, good softs.
I got the same numbers as you and what I believe good softs. In the same boat, DP since 1/12.
Just the waiting game for the time being.
HA! I've been DP since 1/13...maybe they'll do it in chrono order and let you in and then say "well, we're full of thoroughly borderline candidates now. REJECT"
Ha that would be tragic, hopefully one of us gets in or at least on the w/l.

T14_Scholly

Bronze

Post by T14_Scholly » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:33 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
T14_Scholly wrote:
aksharmabsc wrote:The admissions process is awful. I also read on above the law they some professors haven't released grades yet. What a craptastic administration. DP since 11/02 (164/3.7) and I'm pretty sure I'm not going at this point considering I've built a decent relationship with other schools.
Who gives a damn about building a relationship? You either get accepted or you don't.
I'm unsure as to how this relates to the previous post?
He said "...considering I've built a decent relationship with other schools."

SamSeaborn2016

Bronze

Post by SamSeaborn2016 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:31 pm

I've been DP since October. I've gone ahead and sent my LOCI but I know I'm on the slow train to Dingville. :lol:

LSATfromNC

Silver

Post by LSATfromNC » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:34 pm

Maybe all of us who are DP are having our admissions package rated by the WM prof who has yet to grade the fall exams :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kbeth18

New

Post by kbeth18 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:37 pm

I was just browsing William & Mary's LSN "Applicants" page for 2008-2009, and it looks as though they only accepted about 4 people with LSN profiles post-February.

http://wm.lawschoolnumbers.com/applican ... er=asc&p=1

Does anyone think that when they tell us on our status checkers that the majority of decisions are made in March, what they actually mean is that the majority of their decisions are rejections/waitlists and those happen to go out in March?!

outlaw08

New

Post by outlaw08 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:43 pm

Decision Pending since mid-December. 166/3.55. Should I be worried?

holydonkey

Silver

Post by holydonkey » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:44 pm

kbeth18 wrote:Does anyone think that when they tell us on our status checkers that the majority of decisions are made in March, what they actually mean is that the majority of their decisions are rejections/waitlists and those happen to go out in March?!
outlaw08 wrote:Decision Pending since mid-December. 166/3.55. Should I be worried?
Yes.

kbeth18

New

Post by kbeth18 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:56 pm

holydonkey wrote:
kbeth18 wrote:Does anyone think that when they tell us on our status checkers that the majority of decisions are made in March, what they actually mean is that the majority of their decisions are rejections/waitlists and those happen to go out in March?!
Yes.

Do you have any insights into this other than what's on LSN? If it's pretty much a fact that they're not accepting people after February, I'm going to stop thinking about them and possibly withdraw!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jclaw

New

Post by jclaw » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:03 am

dont withdraw....i applied -2/1 and got in 2/16 with numbers less than yours; just keep believing in yourself.

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:16 am

Well, it didn't occur to me —until I started roaming the accept/deny/waitlist threads of William & Mary, Fordham, GW, et al— that I should know when my status changed, and whether that has significance. I went complete 01/27, according to the lower-left box, but "ready for review" 01/19 up at the top-right box. Also, it says this top-right:

Decision Status: Decision Pending
Decision Status Date: 1/22/2010

Perhaps you all could shed light on these somewhat conflicting dates? Also, is there a rhythm to the dates, etc... or just endless speculation?
I am 163/3.81, so i don't expect great things, but hope for them all the same.

CG614

Silver

Post by CG614 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:53 am

I don't think all the Decision Pending folk are necessarily wl or reject. They may also wait to see how many accept the offers they extended thus far. I am going to withdraw my acceptance tomorrow. Hopefully one of you all get my spot. Good luck!

prelaw10

New

Post by prelaw10 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:10 am

I recall seeing on LSN people getting accepting like two days after going complete. Lucky folks.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

romanholiday

New

Post by romanholiday » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:20 am

The William & Mary LSN Profile concerns me. There are tons of admits, and seriously one red dot. Seems like they have already finished selecting their class of 2010. :cry:

kbeth18

New

Post by kbeth18 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:23 am

CG614 wrote:I don't think all the Decision Pending folk are necessarily wl or reject. They may also wait to see how many accept the offers they extended thus far. I am going to withdraw my acceptance tomorrow. Hopefully one of you all get my spot. Good luck!
Thanks!!!

NatSec

Bronze

Post by NatSec » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:55 am

i think everyone needs to keep in mind that it appears everyone that has been accepted has gotten a scholarship. W&M is rounding up all of their top people with $$$. by doing so, some of those people admitted (green dots) are going to withdraw as W&M was their safety or they got money somewhere else they wanted to attend. also keep in mind that per their website about half of their current student body is receiving some form of scholly. if all they have admitted right now are those with schollys then that means that half of the class (thereabouts) will come in the march acceptances. granted, that also means that ALL of the rejects and WL's will come in March as well and these will definitely outnumber the acceptances. but still, half of all the acceptances are still to come.

hang in there folks.

klussy

Bronze

Post by klussy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:27 am

uiuc admissions has an ideal process. other schools should emulate them. w&m is by far the worst.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

holydonkey

Silver

Post by holydonkey » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:33 am

klussy wrote:uiuc admissions has an ideal process. other schools should emulate them. w&m is by far the worst.
+ infinity

GobiasIndustries

Bronze

Post by GobiasIndustries » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:06 pm

Same numbers, good softs, URM. I'm guessing WL, since I've been DP since the first week of November. I have better options at this point, though. Just kind of curious as to how it'll shake out.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:54 pm

I've been DP since september...blah..and since I've scored the exact same score on the Feb. LSAT and I'm a failure at life I know that I probably won't be getting in. I really want W&M and I think I've done all that I can, visit, continued LOCIs, all supplemental essays, etc... but IDK if that's enough. I've been accepted and wait listed at top schools higher than W&M. Oh well, what can one do?

Modian

New

Post by Modian » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:12 pm

TheGracchus wrote:For those on the DP train.....?

*snicker

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

T14_Scholly

Bronze

Post by T14_Scholly » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:18 pm

It's premature to be sending in LOCIs. They are only appropriate after the school has communicated to you that you might get in but haven't yet - i.e., a waitlist. You already applied, so you don't need to supplement that with something saying "I really did mean to apply."

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:26 pm

T14_Scholly wrote:It's premature to be sending in LOCIs. They are only appropriate after the school has communicated to you that you might get in but haven't yet - i.e., a waitlist. You already applied, so you don't need to supplement that with something saying "I really did mean to apply."
Ditto that. All you'd be doing would be telling them that you are equally, if not more so, desperate to find out whether you got accepted.

of course, if four or five months have passed without any movement on status checker, I can see how maybe a quick, courteous, non-LOCI phone call may help to clear things up. I mean, it's just a quick blurb of ino. you are after...

Bobalou

Bronze

Post by Bobalou » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:35 pm

romanholiday wrote:The William & Mary LSN Profile concerns me. There are tons of admits, and seriously one red dot. Seems like they have already finished selecting their class of 2010. :cry:
Dont forget the LSN is a self selecting group, remember that from flaw in the reasoning questions?

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:09 pm

tommytahoe wrote:
T14_Scholly wrote:It's premature to be sending in LOCIs. They are only appropriate after the school has communicated to you that you might get in but haven't yet - i.e., a waitlist. You already applied, so you don't need to supplement that with something saying "I really did mean to apply."
Ditto that. All you'd be doing would be telling them that you are equally, if not more so, desperate to find out whether you got accepted.

of course, if four or five months have passed without any movement on status checker, I can see how maybe a quick, courteous, non-LOCI phone call may help to clear things up. I mean, it's just a quick blurb of ino. you are after...
When I talked to Dean Shealy she urged me to send them in, so I think you're wrong on that end. I don't think a letter stating how much you want to attend and adding new updates to your application can ever hurt. Call and ask the admissions office, they'll tell you the same thing.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”