William & Mary

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
wakefield
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:45 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby wakefield » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:19 pm

Veritas wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:Did any admitted students get the email reminding you to withdraw if you have already committed to another school?

I called yesterday asking if I could get my scholarship upped by mentioning some higher ranked schools I've been admitted to and they said they'll look into and then I got the random email this morning.

ya I think everyone got it.


I didn't get it. Had you also called about scholarship info? Maybe mine is on its way, but nothing like that so far...

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby Veritas » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:20 pm

wakefield wrote:
Veritas wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:Did any admitted students get the email reminding you to withdraw if you have already committed to another school?

I called yesterday asking if I could get my scholarship upped by mentioning some higher ranked schools I've been admitted to and they said they'll look into and then I got the random email this morning.

ya I think everyone got it.


I didn't get it. Had you also called about scholarship info? Maybe mine is on its way, but nothing like that so far...

No I didn't call....

wired
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby wired » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:21 pm

I didn't call and I also received a letter.

I also got a letter about an Admitted Student's Reception in my area. Will definitely RSVP.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby Veritas » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:22 pm

wired wrote:I didn't call and I also received a letter.

I also got a letter about an Admitted Student's Reception in my area. Will definitely RSVP.

The one in my "area" was like 4 hours away :( I want to meet some people!

User avatar
wakefield
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:45 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby wakefield » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:24 pm

Veritas wrote:
wakefield wrote:
Veritas wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:Did any admitted students get the email reminding you to withdraw if you have already committed to another school?

I called yesterday asking if I could get my scholarship upped by mentioning some higher ranked schools I've been admitted to and they said they'll look into and then I got the random email this morning.

ya I think everyone got it.


I didn't get it. Had you also called about scholarship info? Maybe mine is on its way, but nothing like that so far...

No I didn't call....



Hmm. I got an email about the lawyering skills program, but that's all so far today. Maybe it just went to the people with higher stats for whom W&M would be a safety? Or maybe there's just no rhyme or reason, haha.

User avatar
eye
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:40 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby eye » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:51 pm

Veritas wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:Did any admitted students get the email reminding you to withdraw if you have already committed to another school?

I called yesterday asking if I could get my scholarship upped by mentioning some higher ranked schools I've been admitted to and they said they'll look into and then I got the random email this morning.

ya I think everyone got it.


Got it too, didn't like the after taste of that email..

krispykitten
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby krispykitten » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:28 pm

eye wrote:
Veritas wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:Did any admitted students get the email reminding you to withdraw if you have already committed to another school?

I called yesterday asking if I could get my scholarship upped by mentioning some higher ranked schools I've been admitted to and they said they'll look into and then I got the random email this morning.

ya I think everyone got it.


Got it too, didn't like the after taste of that email..


Yeah, seriously, kinda freaked me out a little bit.

User avatar
tyjole
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:54 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby tyjole » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:54 pm

Just got my admit packet today. William and Mary has moved up the rankings for me. I was surprised it only took two days to process and another two to get here in the mail. Quick work. If anyone has already decided on W&M, could you tell us what was the major factor that helped you choose the school? Thanks.
Last edited by tyjole on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
doinmybest
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby doinmybest » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:31 am

eye wrote:
Veritas wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:Did any admitted students get the email reminding you to withdraw if you have already committed to another school?

I called yesterday asking if I could get my scholarship upped by mentioning some higher ranked schools I've been admitted to and they said they'll look into and then I got the random email this morning.

ya I think everyone got it.


Got it too, didn't like the after taste of that email..


Agreed the e-mail has a good point, but it came off as... "don't waste our time" which is understandable... just unexpected.

cpboy77
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:30 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby cpboy77 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:12 pm

Hey all,

If my W&M status checker says:

Decision Status: Decision Pending
Decision Status Date: 1/29/2010


Does that mean that a decision is in the mail or is it just some cryptic way of being waitlisted or "in review"? Thanks!

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby ndirish2010 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:13 pm

cpboy77 wrote:Hey all,

If my W&M status checker says:

Decision Status: Decision Pending
Decision Status Date: 1/29/2010


Does that mean that a decision is in the mail or is it just some cryptic way of being waitlisted or "in review"? Thanks!


It means you'll get a decision in March. Everyone who gets a decision before then is accepted, the March decisions are about 5-10% acceptances (is that what the consensus is?).

cpboy77
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:30 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby cpboy77 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:15 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
cpboy77 wrote:Hey all,

If my W&M status checker says:

Decision Status: Decision Pending
Decision Status Date: 1/29/2010


Does that mean that a decision is in the mail or is it just some cryptic way of being waitlisted or "in review"? Thanks!


It means you'll get a decision in March. Everyone who gets a decision before then is accepted, the March decisions are about 5-10% acceptances (is that what the consensus is?).



Thanks, oh well.

shadow.
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:13 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby shadow. » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:20 pm

.
Last edited by shadow. on Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lawyergirl:)
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby lawyergirl:) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:28 pm

Forgive me if Im being clueless. Ive just noticed the turn around time for WM is super short. Which is great but, similar to the question above, what does this mean?:

Current Status: Application Ready for Review
Current Status Date: 2/2/2010
Decision Status: Decision Pending
Decision Status Date: 2/4/2010

And I have this under mailings:
Mailings
Mail Description Mailing Date
Application is Complete/Ready for Review 02/03/2010
Application Has Been Received 01/27/2010

How have most people found out they got in? Status checker? Phone call? Snail mail?

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby ndirish2010 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:31 pm

If your status checker goes to decision pending at all, you are waiting till March. If it goes to review complete, you got in. That is the cliffnotes version of W&M admissions.

crm
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby crm » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:33 pm

lawyergirl:) wrote:Forgive me if Im being clueless. Ive just noticed the turn around time for WM is super short. Which is great but, similar to the question above, what does this mean?:

Current Status: Application Ready for Review
Current Status Date: 2/2/2010
Decision Status: Decision Pending
Decision Status Date: 2/4/2010

And I have this under mailings:
Mailings
Mail Description Mailing Date
Application is Complete/Ready for Review 02/03/2010
Application Has Been Received 01/27/2010

How have most people found out they got in? Status checker? Phone call? Snail mail?



Mine says the same thing, only with different dates. I am pretty sure everyone has been finding out via snail mail and the "decision pending" is another way of saying, "under review". Also, under payments and what not does everyone have the spot where it says "seat deposit"? I know it doesn't mean anything, but I am just curious.

User avatar
lawyergirl:)
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby lawyergirl:) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:39 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:If your status checker goes to decision pending at all, you are waiting till March. If it goes to review complete, you got in. That is the cliffnotes version of W&M admissions.


Oh Boo. Im sad now

User avatar
lawyergirl:)
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby lawyergirl:) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:39 pm

crm wrote:
lawyergirl:) wrote:Forgive me if Im being clueless. Ive just noticed the turn around time for WM is super short. Which is great but, similar to the question above, what does this mean?:

Current Status: Application Ready for Review
Current Status Date: 2/2/2010
Decision Status: Decision Pending
Decision Status Date: 2/4/2010

And I have this under mailings:
Mailings
Mail Description Mailing Date
Application is Complete/Ready for Review 02/03/2010
Application Has Been Received 01/27/2010

How have most people found out they got in? Status checker? Phone call? Snail mail?



Mine says the same thing, only with different dates. I am pretty sure everyone has been finding out via snail mail and the "decision pending" is another way of saying, "under review". Also, under payments and what not does everyone have the spot where it says "seat deposit"? I know it doesn't mean anything, but I am just curious.


I do

User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby eandy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:13 pm

Oh no! Got the dreaded decision pending :(

Here comes the WL/ding :(

madforsadness
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:36 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby madforsadness » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:54 pm

eandy wrote:Oh no! Got the dreaded decision pending :(

Here comes the WL/ding :(


Same here... thought my numbers were pretty solid. Obviously not :(

User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby eandy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:31 am

There was a person about ten pages back who got "decision pending" and then was accepted a few days later. So the faint dinging sound could be temporary.

User avatar
Panther7
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby Panther7 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:54 am

eandy wrote:There was a person about ten pages back who got "decision pending" and then was accepted a few days later. So the faint dinging sound could be temporary.


If I'm not mistaken, the "Decision Pending" seems to be a hold, not an actual decision.

BlankC
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:51 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby BlankC » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:56 pm

Went complete yesterday, yay. :D Joining the ranks of waiters.

Application is Complete/Ready for Review 02/05/2010
Application Has Been Received 02/03/2010

User avatar
84Sunbird2000
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:06 pm

Under Review 2/08
Review Completed 2/08.

I looked under the mailings heading, but there is simply a blank line with the date 02/08 after it. Perhaps it'll update further in a few hours.

User avatar
bwana73
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:36 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby bwana73 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:08 pm

kwhitegocubs wrote:Under Review 2/08
Review Completed 2/08.

I looked under the mailings heading, but there is simply a blank line with the date 02/08 after it. Perhaps it'll update further in a few hours.

Thats what happened to me. Just wait a couple of hours.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, bloomsday, BruiseWillis, canafsa, Chipotle85, Dcc617, eck456, Google Adsense [Bot], jtawil, mm2368, potterotter, SolRs, TecumsehSherman, thg1870 and 22 guests