William & Mary

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jockinjay-z

Re: William & Mary

Postby jockinjay-z » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:52 pm

SamSeaborn2016 wrote:Dear William & Mary,

I love you. Please love me back. "Decision Pending" since 10/06 makes me sad.

Love,
Sam

+1

wakefield

Postby wakefield » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:26 pm

evergirl23 wrote:Has anyone from the 1/19 mailing received their Admit packet yet?

No :( I was sure it would come today, but nothing. Hopefully Monday.

eshort

Postby eshort » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:22 pm

wakefield wrote:
evergirl23 wrote:Has anyone from the 1/19 mailing received their Admit packet yet?

I was sure, too. I got this notice from fedex about an attempted dropoff at like 4:45 and it said I had to come pick it up because it needed a signature (no one ever home to sign). The place was like 10 minutes away and closed at 5. Convinced it was from W&M, we speed like maniacs to get there and I rushed in the door with 3 minutes to spare; I was so relieved to be on time! Turns out, the package wasn't even for me at all!

wakefield

Postby wakefield » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:52 pm

eshort wrote:
wakefield wrote:

I was sure, too. I got this notice from fedex about an attempted dropoff at like 4:45 and it said I had to come pick it up because it needed a signature (no one ever home to sign). The place was like 10 minutes away and closed at 5. Convinced it was from W&M, we speed like maniacs to get there and I rushed in the door with 3 minutes to spare; I was so relieved to be on time! Turns out, the package wasn't even for me at all!

Haha! I was leaving and saw the mail truck next door, so I waited for 5 minutes while she talked with my neighbor. When I finally got the mail, there was nothing from W&M...not cool. If it comes via FedEx, I hope they'll leave it inside the door or something. I don't get home until 5 most days.

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:00 am

It'll come USPS.

evergirl23

Postby evergirl23 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:04 am

I actually got my packet today - Graduate Fellowship (tuition down to in-state plus stipend) plus 5K scholarship. I am waiting to hear back from a bunch of other schools, so I can't say definitively yet where I am going, but this is a great acceptance to have, and definitely a strong contender for me.

I am in Cali, and the packet came USPS.

I hope everyone else gets theirs soon!

bwana73

Postby bwana73 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:11 pm

Evergirl23 what are your numbers? If you don't mind sharing.

laureng05

Postby laureng05 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:06 am

I got my acceptance on Friday, after only two weeks! I'm in-state and got a $6,000 scholarship ( i actually didn't even know they had fellowships, but whatev.) W&M really wasn't on my radar before, but now it's looking pretty good. Just wish it wasn't in Williamsburg! I hate tourists. My numbers were 3.3 (at UVA) and 166. I've been out of school for 4.5 years working at enviro non-profits, so i really think W&M looks at softs.

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:01 pm

jockinjay-z wrote:
SamSeaborn2016 wrote:Dear William & Mary,

I love you. Please love me back. "Decision Pending" since 10/06 makes me sad.

Love,
Sam

+1

crap. my status changed to decision pending on friday. I was hoping that meant I would get a decision soon. Guess not... :(

Doodsmack

Postby Doodsmack » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:02 pm

ntzsch wrote:
Doodsmack wrote:Regarding the reliability of supposed trends on LSN, here's one question: does the trend hold true going back several years? Obviously, if what happened last year was different than previous years, we can't say anything with certainty.

Regardless, faced with choosing between LSN graphs and what W&M tells us, I'll take what W&M tells us. It's questionable whether LSN graphs reflect a representative sample of applicants, especially considering that not all users update the results of their applications even though they did input the fact that they applied.

what LSN tells us is not necessarily inconsistent with what W&M tells us.

W&M:most decisions are sent late is cycle.
LSN: most decisions that are sent late in cycle are WL/Reject
LSAC:most decisions that W&M gives are WL/Reject

these can all be true , they don't have to be.

On second thought, I do think that what LSN tells us is inconsistent with what W&M tells us. The status checker reads:

"The majority of decisions will be finalized during the month of March following the application deadline date when the competition in the applicant pool is known and assessed."

If the competition isn't fully "known and assessed" before all applications have been received, it's not likely they would already have given out most of their acceptances.

evergirl23

Postby evergirl23 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:06 pm

bwana73 wrote:Evergirl23 what are your numbers? If you don't mind sharing.

I don't! 167/3.7

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:34 pm

laureng05 wrote:I got my acceptance on Friday, after only two weeks! I'm in-state and got a $6,000 scholarship ( i actually didn't even know they had fellowships, but whatev.) W&M really wasn't on my radar before, but now it's looking pretty good. Just wish it wasn't in Williamsburg! I hate tourists. My numbers were 3.3 (at UVA) and 166. I've been out of school for 4.5 years working at enviro non-profits, so i really think W&M looks at softs.

Congrats! I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure fellowships are only for out-of-staters. (I'm in-state and I didn't get a fellowship either if it makes you feel better.) And Williamsburg isn't that bad, I promise. Most of the tourists wear their passes (aka: idiot badges) on their shirts making it really easy to pick them out and to avoid them.

laureng05

Postby laureng05 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:40 pm

krispykitten wrote:
laureng05 wrote:I got my acceptance on Friday, after only two weeks! I'm in-state and got a $6,000 scholarship ( i actually didn't even know they had fellowships, but whatev.) W&M really wasn't on my radar before, but now it's looking pretty good. Just wish it wasn't in Williamsburg! I hate tourists. My numbers were 3.3 (at UVA) and 166. I've been out of school for 4.5 years working at enviro non-profits, so i really think W&M looks at softs.

Congrats! I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure fellowships are only for out-of-staters. (I'm in-state and I didn't get a fellowship either if it makes you feel better.) And Williamsburg isn't that bad, I promise. Most of the tourists wear their passes (aka: idiot badges) on their shirts making it really easy to pick them out and to avoid them.

So do you go to W&M currently? I'd love to talk to you about it if you do. I have so many questions!

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:55 pm

laureng05 wrote:
krispykitten wrote:

So do you go to W&M currently? I'd love to talk to you about it if you do. I have so many questions!

No, but I just graduated from the undergrad there this past spring. I'd be happy to tell you as much as I know if you have any general questions about wburg or W&M in general!

statuscheckerssuck

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:07 pm

Have any other admits been impressed with the amount of post acceptance correspondence from W&M? I just got some fun post-its and a key chain today!

Good luck to you guys still waiting.

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:13 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:Have any other admits been impressed with the amount of post acceptance correspondence from W&M? I just got some fun post-its and a key chain today!

:cry: I want a keychain. I did get a window sticker from UMN though.

wakefield

Postby wakefield » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:18 pm

I hope today is the day I get some W&M snail mail...

xokel87

Postby xokel87 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:43 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:Have any other admits been impressed with the amount of post acceptance correspondence from W&M? I just got some fun post-its and a key chain today!

I got called by a 3L the other day to chat -- anyone else get this type of phone call ? He was nice.. followed up with an e-mail too. I'm not sure about ASW yet though.

wakefield

Postby wakefield » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:05 pm

In-state tuition plus stipend & scholarship = $55k over 3 years. I'll take it!

eshort

Postby eshort » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:07 pm

wakefield wrote:In-state tuition plus stipend & scholarship = $55k over 3 years. I'll take it!

Jealous that you got your mail!

wakefield

Postby wakefield » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

eshort wrote:
wakefield wrote:In-state tuition plus stipend & scholarship = $55k over 3 years. I'll take it!

Jealous that you got your mail!

I opened it right in front of the mailbox! Needless to say, I was a little excited. :)

jayzon wrote:

Congrats! Did your status go to "decision reached," or did you stay at "decision pending?"

Thanks!

Current Status: Application Ready for Review
Current Status Date: 1/15/2010
Decision Status: Review Complete
Decision Status Date: 1/19/2010

On 1/20, "Congratulations! Admit Packet Mailed" showed up under mailings. Then the packet came today via USPS.

JMBrown32

Postby JMBrown32 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:52 pm

For those of you who have received your letter from W&M, was it sent to your current or permanent address?

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:17 pm

It was sent to my current address.

adgirl13

Postby adgirl13 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:25 pm

Got that stuff today! Been really impressed with how much they have followed up. Emails from the dean, email and phone call from an alumn, and an invite to go to an admitted students reception out here on the West Coast. They are definitely working hard to get people to go to their school!

statuscheckerssuck

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:53 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:

:cry: I want a keychain. I did get a window sticker from UMN though.

I am sure you will get your keychain soon! Nice tar/username btw. I just bought season five and am popping in the first disc now.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”