William & Mary

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Drockman
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby Drockman » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:23 am

I went complete on 01/05/10 and the status checker changed from Application Ready for Review to Decision Pending on the very next day 01/06/10. Anyone has any idea if this simply means an automatic rejection? Because that is what I think it is because none of my numbers are above their median.

Slimpee
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby Slimpee » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:30 am

Drockman wrote:I went complete on 01/05/10 and the status checker changed from Application Ready for Review to Decision Pending on the very next day 01/06/10. Anyone has any idea if this simply means an automatic rejection? Because that is what I think it is because none of my numbers are above their median.


I think it's the same for everybody. Or, i'm in the same auto-reject pile as you!

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby ndirish2010 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:50 am

Mine has application ready for review (1/7/10) and then under decision status it says review complete as of today as well...hmmm does anyone else have this?

slb052
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:15 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby slb052 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:13 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:Mine has application ready for review (1/7/10) and then under decision status it says review complete as of today as well...hmmm does anyone else have this?


+1

I have nothing new under mailings though... I read back through some of the older posts and it seems like maybe the "admit packet mailed" line shows up the next day? Or at least that's what I'm hoping.

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby ndirish2010 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:19 pm

slb052 wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:Mine has application ready for review (1/7/10) and then under decision status it says review complete as of today as well...hmmm does anyone else have this?


+1

I have nothing new under mailings though... I read back through some of the older posts and it seems like maybe the "admit packet mailed" line shows up the next day? Or at least that's what I'm hoping.


I'm with you on that. What are your numbers?

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby SAE » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:21 pm

Mine was Decision Pending 12/7/09; just went to Decision Pending 1/7/10.

Any guesses as to what it means? Could it simply be that they received my December score?

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby ndirish2010 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:24 pm

SAE wrote:Mine was Decision Pending 12/7/09; just went to Decision Pending 1/7/10.

Any guesses as to what it means? Could it simply be that they received my December score?


Did you get a complete email a few days ago? I retook in December as well and sent in my app on 12/12, but got the complete email this week, which I thought signified that they received my score. Then my status switched to "review complete" as of today.

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby SAE » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:27 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
SAE wrote:Mine was Decision Pending 12/7/09; just went to Decision Pending 1/7/10.

Any guesses as to what it means? Could it simply be that they received my December score?


Did you get a complete email a few days ago? I retook in December as well and sent in my app on 12/12, but got the complete email this week, which I thought signified that they received my score. Then my status switched to "review complete" as of today.

No, just a completion email on 12/7.

Should I give it until Monday before I start panicking/contacting?

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby ndirish2010 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:32 pm

SAE wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:
SAE wrote:Mine was Decision Pending 12/7/09; just went to Decision Pending 1/7/10.

Any guesses as to what it means? Could it simply be that they received my December score?


Did you get a complete email a few days ago? I retook in December as well and sent in my app on 12/12, but got the complete email this week, which I thought signified that they received my score. Then my status switched to "review complete" as of today.

No, just a completion email on 12/7.

Should I give it until Monday before I start panicking/contacting?


If they changed your date, I would assume they received it...did you check your LSAC reports to make sure they sent one to W&M following the retake? What exactly does your status checker say?...mine is

Current Status: Application Ready for Review
Current Status Date: 1/7/2010
Decision Status: Review Complete
Decision Status Date: 1/7/2010

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby SAE » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:36 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:If they changed your date, I would assume they received it...did you check your LSAC reports to make sure they sent one to W&M following the retake? What exactly does your status checker say?...mine is

Current Status: Application Ready for Review
Current Status Date: 1/7/2010
Decision Status: Review Complete
Decision Status Date: 1/7/2010

Looks like they reviewed yours, but haven't touched mine.

Current Status: Application Ready for Review
Current Status Date: 12/7/2009
Decision Status: Decision Pending
Decision Status Date: 1/7/2010

LSAC: paper score sent 1/5/10

charlesgoodson
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby charlesgoodson » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:38 pm

In my experience, "Review Complete" meant that it had been reviewed...

For what it's worth, my Review Complete didn't lead to a "Congratulations! Admit Packet Mailed" for a full week. Hope that makes some of you feel better.

slb052
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:15 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby slb052 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:41 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
slb052 wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:Mine has application ready for review (1/7/10) and then under decision status it says review complete as of today as well...hmmm does anyone else have this?


+1

I have nothing new under mailings though... I read back through some of the older posts and it seems like maybe the "admit packet mailed" line shows up the next day? Or at least that's what I'm hoping.


I'm with you on that. What are your numbers?


PMed you.

User avatar
manbearwig
Posts: 351
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:38 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby manbearwig » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:41 pm

charlesgoodson wrote:In my experience, "Review Complete" meant that it had been reviewed...

For what it's worth, my Review Complete didn't lead to a "Congratulations! Admit Packet Mailed" for a full week. Hope that makes some of you feel better.


+1

I found out exactly a week after. 12/7, got the email and the packet on 12/14.

slb052
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:15 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby slb052 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:44 pm

charlesgoodson wrote:In my experience, "Review Complete" meant that it had been reviewed...

For what it's worth, my Review Complete didn't lead to a "Congratulations! Admit Packet Mailed" for a full week. Hope that makes some of you feel better.


if by feel better you mean "makes me want to tear my hair out," then sure, kinda...

grumble grumble HATE status checkers. I'm pretty sure my boss hates them too as I enter another day of little to no productivity

(Edited for a lack of ability to spell before having coffee in the morning.)
Last edited by slb052 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

d-cannon
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:52 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby d-cannon » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:49 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
Current Status: Application Ready for Review
Current Status Date: 1/7/2010
Decision Status: Review Complete
Decision Status Date: 1/7/2010


Congrats! With "Review Complete", I am pretty sure you will get your acceptance within a week.

"Decision Pending" is the silent waitlist.

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby SAE » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:53 pm

d-cannon wrote:"Decision Pending" is the silent waitlist.

Are you sure about this? I've been decision pending ever since I applied. Can it also mean "we haven't looked at your application"?

d-cannon
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:52 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby d-cannon » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:58 pm

SAE wrote:
d-cannon wrote:"Decision Pending" is the silent waitlist.

Are you sure about this? I've been decision pending ever since I applied. Can it also mean "we haven't looked at your application"?


90% sure. I have been following this thread since I went DP a month ago. Check out the posts from early December and you will see that applicants with high numbers were accepted quickly. Everyone else was DP equally as quick. Also, the email sent with the status tracker states:

"In the William & Mary admission process, some applicants may receive notification early if a decision has been finalized. However, the majority will receive their decision by the third week of March."

So, you either get your decision within a week or join the wait until late March. I wish I had better news for my fellow DPs...

User avatar
BriaTharen
Posts: 750
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby BriaTharen » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:00 pm

I called them a while back since I had been "Decision Pending" for about a month. According to the lady that answered the phone, it probably means that they have looked at your application, but are holding off on a decision right now, especially since it is early in the cycle and are still getting in a lot of applications. Most of the admissions decision don't go out until the end of March, so she said I'm probably going to be decision pending for good while.

Hope that helps someone...

EDIT: So silent WL that depends on the other applications that come in by March

texaspecial88
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby texaspecial88 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:02 pm

JessicaTiger wrote:I called them a while back since I had been "Decision Pending" for about a month. According to the lady that answered the phone, it probably means that they have looked at your application, but are holding off on a decision right now, especially since it is early in the cycle and are still getting in a lot of applications. Most of the admissions decision don't go out until the end of March, so she said I'm probably going to be decision pending for good while.

Hope that helps someone...

EDIT: So silent WL that depends on the other applications that come in by March


Thanks for the information as I am in the same boat.
So... decision pending definitely = waitlist

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby SAE » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:03 pm

OK. Thanks for the info. I really don't feel like reading the entire thread.

My guess is (again, only a guess) that they first look at ONLY the numbers and review applications of just the auto admits. They then hold the apps of those in the murky middle until later in the cycle.

User avatar
MarkRenton
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby MarkRenton » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:09 pm

I think the million dollar question is whether non-competitive candidates (low numbers, arrests, etc) are receiving "decision pending". If they are, then the notification simply means you're not in now. Particularly since William and Mary has yet to reject anyone. Because a school like UGa is holding files yet dinging people, one can read into it a bit more. So I think it's difficult to say that W&M is using a "silent waitlist" unless we know whether everyone not initially accepted is receiving this message.

d-cannon
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:52 am

Re: William & Mary

Postby d-cannon » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:14 pm

MarkRenton wrote:So I think it's difficult to say that W&M is using a "silent waitlist" unless we know whether everyone not initially accepted is receiving this message.


I agree. I should have clarified my post... "Decision Pending" means sit tight until late March.

mhernton
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:07 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby mhernton » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:26 pm

SAE wrote:OK. Thanks for the info. I really don't feel like reading the entire thread.

My guess is (again, only a guess) that they first look at ONLY the numbers and review applications of just the auto admits. They then hold the apps of those in the murky middle until later in the cycle.


Sorry to burst your bubble here. 2.2/155 and yes a non-traditional URM admitted Nov 19th. They are reviewing applications and certainly not people that are auto-admits, because even as a URM, my numbers weren't really competitive

adgirl13
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby adgirl13 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:16 pm

So did this happen for anyone else? I logged on yesterday to my status checker and it said Review Complete 12/29/09 then in the mailings section it said 12/29/09 CONGRATULATIONS! Admit Packet Mailed

Then today the mailing about the Admit Packet was gone! Is this just their way of trying to be subtle? Or am I screwed.....

It still says Review Complete 12/29/2009. I know these Status Checkers are pretty crap, but was just curious if I was the only one.

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: William & Mary

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:41 pm

adgirl13 wrote:So did this happen for anyone else? I logged on yesterday to my status checker and it said Review Complete 12/29/09 then in the mailings section it said 12/29/09 CONGRATULATIONS! Admit Packet Mailed

Then today the mailing about the Admit Packet was gone! Is this just their way of trying to be subtle? Or am I screwed.....

It still says Review Complete 12/29/2009. I know these Status Checkers are pretty crap, but was just curious if I was the only one.


No, you're fine. Mine disappeared after a while but I still got the packet in the mail. I don't know how long it took for the listing to actually disappear though, because I didn't check it for quite a while.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Kaziende and 9 guests