William & Mary Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Slimpee

Silver

Re: William & Mary

Post by Slimpee » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:03 pm

traehekat wrote:
Slimpee wrote:Remember, kids, WM explicitly states that most applicants won't receive a decision until late March. So, if you've been DP for more than a few weeks chances are you won't hear until later this month (i've been "DP" since 12/16).

End. Of. Story.
Aaaaaand unfortunately it will probably be a waitlist/ding.
Most likely, yes. Are you in the same boat? We have very similar numbers...

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:36 pm

Slimpee wrote:
traehekat wrote:
Slimpee wrote:Remember, kids, WM explicitly states that most applicants won't receive a decision until late March. So, if you've been DP for more than a few weeks chances are you won't hear until later this month (i've been "DP" since 12/16).

End. Of. Story.
Aaaaaand unfortunately it will probably be a waitlist/ding.
Most likely, yes. Are you in the same boat? We have very similar numbers...
Yeah, been DP since 1/14.

Harry Ballsogna

New

Post by Harry Ballsogna » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:57 pm

Either way, holding off on this many applicants until March is BS. They have had applications for months now. So they admit in late March, and then expect a deposit by April 15th?

WM has left such a bad taste in my mouth at this point.

eandy

Gold

Post by eandy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:22 pm

Harry Ballsogna wrote: So they admit in late March, and then expect a deposit by April 15th?

WM has left such a bad taste in my mouth at this point.
If American takes you off the waitlist, they want 900 dollars in 24 hrs. It could be worse.

freeman09

New

Post by freeman09 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:26 pm

How many people are actually in? The forum itself is smaller then the other schools.

I'm DP too with a 163/3.95 and good softs. I'm also in at W&L and GM (both with money) and waitlisted at UVA and Duke.

Have any rejections from W&M been sent or will everything come in mass at the end of March?

The waiting game needs to end. Glad to hear what others think.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

eandy

Gold

Post by eandy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:30 pm

freeman09 wrote:How many people are actually in? The forum itself is smaller then the other schools.

I'm DP too with a 163/3.95 and good softs. I'm also in at W&L and GM (both with money) and waitlisted at UVA and Duke.

Have any rejections from W&M been sent or will everything come in mass at the end of March?

The waiting game needs to end. Glad to hear what others think.
I don't think anyone has gotten anything other than an acceptance. On LSN, there was a girl who put waitlisted, but when you look at her profile you realize that she meant she was waitlisted at W&L, not W&M.

freeman09

New

Post by freeman09 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:33 pm

I guess we are stuck waiting till letters go out. March is almost half finished anyhow.

eandy

Gold

Post by eandy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:37 pm

I hate having [strike]bad[/strike]sub-par numbers :cry:

Dear W&M, stop the punishment. Just tell me now--put an end to my misery.

freeman09

New

Post by freeman09 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:51 pm

Their number ranges are strong but workable compared to T14.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MBZags

Silver

Post by MBZags » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:07 pm

So I withdrew probably a month and half ago and even received confirmation of my withdrawal. But I've still received a phone call from a student and now an e-mail from an alum. Another black eye for their admissions department, so it seems. Sorry guys.

84Sunbird2000

Silver

Post by 84Sunbird2000 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:26 pm

I feel bad for those on the silent waitlist. I was accepted so soon after applying that I was shocked, and it's genuinely unfair to not at least give a WL to those who they are.....waiting to see on. I'm excited to check out the school nonetheless.

GodFavor2010

New

Post by GodFavor2010 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:21 am

Based on LSN, it appears that W&M accepted scholarship applicants first. I guess they figure that they can wait until March for those that are not in the scholarship range because if accepted chances are they will attend due to lower numbers overall. Wow! It is such a strategic game with the law school admissions process.

wired

Bronze

Post by wired » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:07 am

I am going to the Salt Lake Reception tonight. If anyone else is, I will see you there.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Padimud

Bronze

Post by Padimud » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:06 am

wired wrote:I am going to the Salt Lake Reception tonight. If anyone else is, I will see you there.
+1 See you there.

get it to x

Bronze

Post by get it to x » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:21 am

GodFavor2010 wrote:Based on LSN, it appears that W&M accepted scholarship applicants first. I guess they figure that they can wait until March for those that are not in the scholarship range because if accepted chances are they will attend due to lower numbers overall. Wow! It is such a strategic game with the law school admissions process.
Agreed. Many schools approach admissions this way. I believe that their initial read is probably a quick LSAT/GPA scan. If you've got both numbers at their medians or are a splitter/reverse-splitter they put you in line for further review. They'll use the time to court scholarship candidates and wait to see what their earlier yield is from that pool before looking at candidates that they might very well end up admitting, but not offering scholarship money to.

mhernton

Bronze

Post by mhernton » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:35 pm

84Sunbird2000 wrote:I feel bad for those on the silent waitlist. I was accepted so soon after applying that I was shocked, and it's genuinely unfair to not at least give a WL to those who they are.....waiting to see on. I'm excited to check out the school nonetheless.

Ditto...Are you going to Admit Students Weekend??

84Sunbird2000

Silver

Post by 84Sunbird2000 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:38 pm

mhernton wrote:
84Sunbird2000 wrote:I feel bad for those on the silent waitlist. I was accepted so soon after applying that I was shocked, and it's genuinely unfair to not at least give a WL to those who they are.....waiting to see on. I'm excited to check out the school nonetheless.

Ditto...Are you going to Admit Students Weekend??
Yuppers.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

eandy

Gold

Post by eandy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:39 pm

get it to x wrote:
GodFavor2010 wrote:Based on LSN, it appears that W&M accepted scholarship applicants first. I guess they figure that they can wait until March for those that are not in the scholarship range because if accepted chances are they will attend due to lower numbers overall. Wow! It is such a strategic game with the law school admissions process.
Agreed. Many schools approach admissions this way. I believe that their initial read is probably a quick LSAT/GPA scan. If you've got both numbers at their medians or are a splitter/reverse-splitter they put you in line for further review. They'll use the time to court scholarship candidates and wait to see what their earlier yield is from that pool before looking at candidates that they might very well end up admitting, but not offering scholarship money to.
yeah, I think some people who, like me, are DP are mad or frustrated, but I think it's a perfectly good strategy. If I were a law school, I wouldn't want to risk losing out on some good people because I was too hasty. It's like at Thanksgiving/a potluck when you load up your plate before you get to the end of the food and realize that you don't have room for really delicious stuff because you have too many vegetables or something. That always happens to me.
haha, I hope that makes sense to someone. I am really hungry right now.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:41 pm

get it to x wrote:
So then since my LSAT score turn out to be >75% I should not expect to be reviewed any time soon? :? I submitted before getting my feb (first) score. So now both GPA and LSAT >> 75%. I was looking forward to hearing back

ryokoyuy

New

Post by ryokoyuy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:24 pm

DP since 11/30. 161/3.59.
It's my first choice though, so I keep stalking the
status checker.

shadow.

Bronze

Post by shadow. » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:09 pm

Last edited by shadow. on Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

DeSilentio2728

Bronze

Post by DeSilentio2728 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:14 pm

shadow. wrote:when is this teasefest going to end??

170/3.0 dp 1/15.
When you withdraw your application in protest!

freeman09

New

Post by freeman09 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:30 pm

It looks like a variety of us stuck on DP with a whole range of numbers. Another couple of weeks yet.

dp73816

Bronze

Post by dp73816 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:29 pm

I applied March 1...I called, I should know in 2-3 weeks. Man am I glad I held off on applying early. Who cares if I get dinged (which I almost certainly will)...at least I wont have to wait

Padimud

Bronze

Post by Padimud » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:35 am

The W & M reception in Utah last night was well attended and quite informative. Only pushing me closer to making it official.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”