William & Mary Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NatSec

Bronze

Re: William & Mary

Post by NatSec » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:05 pm

I've been decision pending since 11/6.

summerschooled

Bronze

Post by summerschooled » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:11 pm

Does anyone know whether they send the admit package to our mailing or permanent address?

Notor

Bronze

Post by Notor » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:12 pm

summerschooled wrote:Does anyone know whether they send the admit package to our mailing or permanent address?
They send it to the address you have listed as your current address, or at least that is what they did for me.

summerschooled

Bronze

Post by summerschooled » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:15 pm

Notor wrote:
summerschooled wrote:Does anyone know whether they send the admit package to our mailing or permanent address?
They send it to the address you have listed as your current address, or at least that is what they did for me.
Ugh, funnily enough I'm not currently at my current address... Okay, cool. Thanks.

runawaydish

New

Post by runawaydish » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:09 pm

Anybody from the second batch get their admit packets yet? The mail just came and still no packet! And I only live in Northern VA, I didn't think it'd take more than 2 days...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TarheelHopeful

New

Post by TarheelHopeful » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:15 pm

Hey all!

So, here is what my status checker currently says:

Current Status: Application ready for review
Current Status Date: 11/17/2009
Decision Status: Decision Pending
Decision Status Date: 11/19/2009

I guess this really means nothing doesn't it, lol??

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:55 pm

runawaydish wrote:Anybody from the second batch get their admit packets yet? The mail just came and still no packet! And I only live in Northern VA, I didn't think it'd take more than 2 days...
I have not gotten it yet - I live on the east coast and my school's post office doesn't get mail on weekends, so I guess I will be anticipating it on Monday.
TarheelHopeful wrote:Hey all!

So, here is what my status checker currently says:

Current Status: Application ready for review
Current Status Date: 11/17/2009
Decision Status: Decision Pending
Decision Status Date: 11/19/2009

I guess this really means nothing doesn't it, lol??
Not sure. I never got that status - it went straight from ARFR to Congratulations.

UFMatt

Bronze

Post by UFMatt » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:58 pm

runawaydish wrote:Anybody from the second batch get their admit packets yet? The mail just came and still no packet! And I only live in Northern VA, I didn't think it'd take more than 2 days...
The first wave got theirs on a Saturday. Perhaps they didn't mail them until yesterday?

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:04 pm

UFMatt wrote:
The first wave got theirs on a Saturday. Perhaps they didn't mail them until yesterday?
I'm assuming that's the case, since I got the Congrats message at about 3:30 mountain time, so 5:30 eastern - and as far as I know mail doesn't go out that late.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:12 pm

Uggh still at decision pending 11/10 163/3.65 good softs (and I'm partially blind). When I visited the Dean she said I was a strong candidate, but looking at everybody else's numbers who got in, it looks like I'm a reject... :cry:

texaspecial88

Bronze

Post by texaspecial88 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:16 pm

why do you think "decision pending" means reject?

mine is decision pending as well btw...

thalassocrat

Bronze

Post by thalassocrat » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:18 pm

robin600 wrote:Uggh still at decision pending 11/10 163/3.65 good softs (and I'm partially blind). When I visited the Dean she said I was a strong candidate, but looking at everybody else's numbers who got in, it looks like I'm a reject... :cry:
It's far too early to worry about being a reject yet. FWIW I'm 169/3.91 and still at DP 11/2.

Keep your chin up, they've really barely started.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:28 pm

thalassocrat wrote:
robin600 wrote:Uggh still at decision pending 11/10 163/3.65 good softs (and I'm partially blind). When I visited the Dean she said I was a strong candidate, but looking at everybody else's numbers who got in, it looks like I'm a reject... :cry:
It's far too early to worry about being a reject yet. FWIW I'm 169/3.91 and still at DP 11/2.

I hope so....

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gymboree

Silver

Post by gymboree » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:24 pm

robin600 wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:

I hope so....
We can hope all we want, but last year (and this is pulled from LSN, so consider the sample size) all September applicants who hadn't heard by the end of November were Waitlisted/Rejected *in March*. The October applicants likewise all heard by the end of November - (the latest was Dec. 1st). The rest of the October applicants? Waitlisted or Rejected in March. Of the November applicants, the bulk of these acceptances went out by the end of December, with some scattered in January.

It seems clear that W&M plows through their applicants methodically. And the date matters. Sept applicant --> hear back by end of November or --> tantamount to Waitlist/Rejected. Oct. applicant --> hear back by end of December or --> Waitlist/Rejected.

So, for those of us early applicants, the longer we wait is news in and of itself. For me, I'm writing W&M off if I don't hear by the end of November. From what I can tell from last year's cycle there's one more batch to go -- here's hoping we're in it!

RMstratosphere

Bronze

Post by RMstratosphere » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:43 am

Has anyone who was admitted also received their snail mail supplements? Anyone get the grad fellowship package?

UFMatt

Bronze

Post by UFMatt » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:22 pm

Acceptance package arrived in the mail today! I'm in Florida, so I'd imagine most in the eastern US should get theirs too. It includes scholarship info.

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:28 pm

Last edited by 5ky on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:39 pm

gymboree wrote:
robin600 wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:

I hope so....
We can hope all we want, but last year (and this is pulled from LSN, so consider the sample size) all September applicants who hadn't heard by the end of November were Waitlisted/Rejected *in March*. The October applicants likewise all heard by the end of November - (the latest was Dec. 1st). The rest of the October applicants? Waitlisted or Rejected in March. Of the November applicants, the bulk of these acceptances went out by the end of December, with some scattered in January.

It seems clear that W&M plows through their applicants methodically. And the date matters. Sept applicant --> hear back by end of November or --> tantamount to Waitlist/Rejected. Oct. applicant --> hear back by end of December or --> Waitlist/Rejected.

So, for those of us early applicants, the longer we wait is news in and of itself. For me, I'm writing W&M off if I don't hear by the end of November. From what I can tell from last year's cycle there's one more batch to go -- here's hoping we're in it!
Wow, then I really hope I'm in the next group of acceptances. I checked on LSN for URM's with my numbers or above and in the past 5 years, 9 were accepted, and 1 was waitlisted in what looks like yield protection. So I would be pretty surprised and upset if I didn't get in. Crossing my fingers for next week.

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:36 pm

UFMatt wrote:Acceptance package arrived in the mail today! I'm in Florida, so I'd imagine most in the eastern US should get theirs too. It includes scholarship info.
+1 in NYC. Came in a big Priority Mail envelope.

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:34 pm

danidancer wrote:
UFMatt wrote:Acceptance package arrived in the mail today! I'm in Florida, so I'd imagine most in the eastern US should get theirs too. It includes scholarship info.
+1 in NYC. Came in a big Priority Mail envelope.
+1 in Phoenix, with fellowship offer!

JessicaD411

New

Post by JessicaD411 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:20 pm

are all the people who are currently getting acceptances those that applied in september?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:23 pm

JessicaD411 wrote:are all the people who are currently getting acceptances those that applied in september?
I think theres a good number of October people as well. Thats whats sort of making me nervous.

beesknees

Bronze

Post by beesknees » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:33 pm

In Florida - got packet today in priority envelope. Applied Friday 10/30 (but didn't submit on LSAC until close to midnight, so techincally, they didn't get my app til Monday 11/2).

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:57 pm

dakatz wrote:
JessicaD411 wrote:are all the people who are currently getting acceptances those that applied in september?
I think theres a good number of October people as well. Thats whats sort of making me nervous.
Applied 11/1, Received email 11/4, Complete 11/9. Was honestly SHOCKED I had such a fast turn around.

UFMatt

Bronze

Post by UFMatt » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:55 pm

I also applied late October and just got accepted this past week.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”