William & Mary Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sckon

Silver

Re: William & Mary

Post by sckon » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:51 pm

gymboree wrote:I'm always game for some distraction...

try this "Hitler Law School Admission Cycle" Youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00ww6JgpGwE

edit: my husband made this for all those waiting on their cycle... he rocks!!!

adora

Bronze

Post by adora » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:58 pm

Ah man, I haven't received login info for their status checker. I thought maybe they didn't have one. Hmph.

I went complete on 11/24.

Did others receive status checker info with their complete emails?

thalassocrat

Bronze

Post by thalassocrat » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:24 pm

At this point, I'm tempted to just withdraw since I've got some target acceptances. They were a safety and I doubt any money I might get from them would help with the other schools I've applied to.

I really just wanted this one for my ego now. Haven't heard from any schools in a month. :?

krispykitten

Bronze

Post by krispykitten » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:36 pm

thalassocrat wrote:At this point, I'm tempted to just withdraw since I've got some target acceptances. They were a safety and I doubt any money I might get from them would help with the other schools I've applied to.

I really just wanted this one for my ego now. Haven't heard from any schools in a month. :?
Sorry, but that's kinda douchey of you. You're hurting their yield and keeping other people out just for an ego boost? And why would you say something like that in a thread full of stressed out people waiting to hear something? Are you just posting here to reassure your precious ego that you're so much better than the rest of the plebs who are still waiting? You're as bad as the Harvard admits in the Pessimism thread. Jeez. /rant

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:44 pm

krispykitten wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:At this point, I'm tempted to just withdraw since I've got some target acceptances. They were a safety and I doubt any money I might get from them would help with the other schools I've applied to.

Sorry, but that's kinda douchey of you. You're hurting their yield and keeping other people out just for an ego boost? And why would you say something like that in a thread full of stressed out people waiting to hear something? Are you just posting here to reassure your precious ego that you're so much better than the rest of the plebs who are still waiting? You're as bad as the Harvard admits in the Pessimism thread. Jeez. /rant
They should call you KrispyTIGER! :P

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thalassocrat

Bronze

Post by thalassocrat » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:46 pm

krispykitten wrote:

No, you're right, that was pretty douchey of me and I apologize. It's more that I had a disclosure on my app that I was assured wouldn't hurt by pretty much everyone I spoke to about it, and now as more and more people hear back from other schools I applied to (including W&M), I'm worried that people were mistaken about how willing most schools would be to overlook it. So waiting to hear back from W&M is more...reassurance? And I do apologize for how I worded it before, it wasn't really what I meant and I should've rethought it.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:52 pm

nothing yet for me, I'm getting really worried. Maybe i won't be going to law school next year :cry:

krispykitten

Bronze

Post by krispykitten » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:01 pm

thalassocrat wrote:
krispykitten wrote:

No, you're right, that was pretty douchey of me and I apologize. It's more that I had a disclosure on my app that I was assured wouldn't hurt by pretty much everyone I spoke to about it, and now as more and more people hear back from other schools I applied to (including W&M), I'm worried that people were mistaken about how willing most schools would be to overlook it. So waiting to hear back from W&M is more...reassurance? And I do apologize for how I worded it before, it wasn't really what I meant and I should've rethought it.
It's ok-- and I'm sorry that you're not hearing from your schools. I know how frustrating it can be-- I thought I would be a pretty solid candidate at Cornell and so far, nothing. It sucks. But hey, congrats on your acceptance at Duke--that's pretty awesome and suggests that schools probably ARE in fact willing to look past whatever happened. Maybe it's taking longer because these schools just want to check out your addendum- your file just may take longer to review. Have you considered calling any of them to see what's going on? And are you complete at W&M?

thalassocrat

Bronze

Post by thalassocrat » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:19 pm

krispykitten wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:
krispykitten wrote:

It's ok-- and I'm sorry that you're not hearing from your schools. I know how frustrating it can be-- I thought I would be a pretty solid candidate at Cornell and so far, nothing. It sucks. But hey, congrats on your acceptance at Duke--that's pretty awesome and suggests that schools probably ARE in fact willing to look past whatever happened. Maybe it's taking longer because these schools just want to check out your addendum- your file just may take longer to review. Have you considered calling any of them to see what's going on? And are you complete at W&M?
Yea, I'm complete everywhere; I applied back in the middle of October. And you're right, it is pretty awesome, so I've tried not to let myself be too nervous. I probably will call now that my semester's pretty much over and I've got time, although I'm hoping you're right and they're just taking a bit of extra time to review. But thanks (and thanks for calling me out when I needed it), and gl on the rest of your cycle (and grats on W&L :) ).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

krispykitten

Bronze

Post by krispykitten » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:24 pm

thalassocrat wrote:
krispykitten wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:
krispykitten wrote:
Yea, I'm complete everywhere; I applied back in the middle of October. And you're right, it is pretty awesome, so I've tried not to let myself be too nervous. I probably will call now that my semester's pretty much over and I've got time, although I'm hoping you're right and they're just taking a bit of extra time to review. But thanks (and thanks for calling me out when I needed it), and gl on the rest of your cycle (and grats on W&L :) ).
Thanks and good luck! You sound pretty legit and I'm sure you'll do well :)

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:20 pm

Anybody with no word yet send an LOCI to W&M yet? good idea?

fulkersonr1

Bronze

Post by fulkersonr1 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:56 pm

robin600 wrote:Anybody with no word yet send an LOCI to W&M yet? good idea?

I don't think you would send a LOCI when you have not heard anything. You would send one if you were placed on a waitlist.

MoS

Bronze

Post by MoS » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:04 pm

Calm down. It's December, if you don't hear anything by February, you should be worried. I am sure in the next month you will find out. When did you submit and what are you numbers? If you submitted late, then you will hear back late. If your numbers are lower than the median it might take a bit longer to decide than for someone with a 170/3.9.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:38 pm

anybody have any info to answer my regarding what an "initial review" is??

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:52 pm

MoS wrote:
Calm down. It's December, if you don't hear anything by February, you should be worried. I am sure in the next month you will find out. When did you submit and what are you numbers? If you submitted late, then you will hear back late. If your numbers are lower than the median it might take a bit longer to decide than for someone with a 170/3.9.
163/3.65 (blind) submitted september first.

lateforthesky16

Bronze

Post by lateforthesky16 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:46 am

I went "decision pending" as of this morning. So far no acceptances have come from this status, right?

sckon

Silver

Post by sckon » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:47 am

lateforthesky16 wrote:I went "decision pending" as of this morning. So far no acceptances have come from this status, right?

No. They are teasing you. So far "decision pending" means "Wait longer until we are ready to actually review your file mofo"....or something like that

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lateforthesky16

Bronze

Post by lateforthesky16 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:49 am

sckon wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:I went "decision pending" as of this morning. So far no acceptances have come from this status, right?

No. They are teasing you. So far "decision pending" means "Wait longer until we are ready to actually review your file mofo"....or something like that

haha that's what I figured. I'm a bit disappointed though, as I don't have any acceptances yet and was hoping this would be the one. oh well. thanks for your help!

Zojirushi

Bronze

Post by Zojirushi » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:53 am

+1
Current Status: Application Ready for Review
Current Status Date: 11/19/2009
Decision Status: Decision Pending
Decision Status Date: 12/7/2009

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:55 am

Decision Pending since 11/23.

The downside - I hate waiting.

The upside - still in the running.

I'll take that over a quick rejection.

GobiasIndustries

Bronze

Post by GobiasIndustries » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:12 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Decision Pending since 11/23.

The downside - I hate waiting.

The upside - still in the running.

I'll take that over a quick rejection.
+1. Decision Pending since 11/3. :?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Nikiya

New

Post by Nikiya » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:28 pm

Mine just changed to "Review Complete" Should I take this as a good sign? Ahhh! I'm so nervous!

jlue05

New

Post by jlue05 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:31 pm

Nikiya wrote:Mine just changed to "Review Complete" Should I take this as a good sign? Ahhh! I'm so nervous!
+1

Current Status: Application Ready for Review
Current Status Date: 12/1/2009
Decision Status: Review Complete
Decision Status Date: 12/7/2009

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:32 pm

Really hope I hear back soon, because I'm starting to get really nervous. I'm at "App ready for review" as of 10/21 and "Decision Pending" as of 11/2. And since then, a ton of people with lower numbers who submitted later were not only admitted, but received hefty scholarships. Cmon W&M, let me know!!

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:33 pm

Nikiya wrote:Mine just changed to "Review Complete" Should I take this as a good sign? Ahhh! I'm so nervous!
When did you go complete / decision pending?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”