William & Mary Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Unadilla Kayaker

Bronze

Re: William & Mary

Post by Unadilla Kayaker » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:11 am

DCLawGW wrote:Does everyone see a Seat Deposit with an amount due of 0.00 below the application fee on the status checker? Sorry if this has already been answered.
Not to pick on you DCLawGW, as other people have asked similar questions, but do you think they would update the Seat Deposit part and not the decision part? Makes no sense to me. Finally had to say something (sorry to single you out).

This in no way answers your question though.

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:17 am

Just changed to decision pending 11/10!!!

hypermeganet

Bronze

Post by hypermeganet » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:21 am

tram988 wrote:Just changed to decision pending 11/10!!!
Nice! At least they are looking at your app!

I've been at decision pending since 11/3. :-/

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:22 am

hypermeganet wrote:
tram988 wrote:Just changed to decision pending 11/10!!!
Nice! At least they are looking at your app!

I've been at decision pending since 11/3. :-/
Ah damn...so then decision pending doesnt mean a decision is imminent?

monkey85

Bronze

Post by monkey85 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:25 am

tram988 wrote: Ah damn...so then decision pending doesnt mean a decision is imminent?
Unfortunately, I don't think so. I believe all it means is that 1) you are complete and 2) you are now ready to be reviewed by the committee but they promise nothing on turnaround.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:26 am

monkey85 wrote:
tram988 wrote: Ah damn...so then decision pending doesnt mean a decision is imminent?
Unfortunately, I don't think so. I believe all it means is that 1) you are complete and 2) you are now ready to be reviewed by the committee but they promise nothing on turnaround.
Thats too bad...I suppose I wont incessantly check my status then lol.

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:29 am

In the style of the great one, Voidsix:

Dear William and Mary,

Why are you ignoring me? Do you think I am using you as a safety? It's not true! I have loved you since I was a very small trucker, and will continue to love you. Yet, you show no love for me? Mary, do you not remember the wonderful nights we spent together while William was away for work. He doesn't understand you, Mary. I do! I will be a kind and honorable student for you, Mary. Forget William! Come away with me! Say yes, you will admit me, and make me the happiest trucker in the world. I am on my knees, Mary!

Heartbrokenly yours

Trucker D

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:30 am

TruckerD wrote:In the style of the great one, Voidsix:

Dear William and Mary,

Why are you ignoring me? Do you think I am using you as a safety? It's not true! I have loved you since I was a very small trucker, and will continue to love you. Yet, you show no love for me? Mary, do you not remember the wonderful nights we spent together while William was away for work. He doesn't understand you, Mary. I do! I will be a kind and honorable student for you, Mary. Forget William! Come away with me! Say yes, you will admit me, and make me the happiest trucker in the world. I am on my knees, Mary!

Heartbrokenly yours

Trucker D
ahahah, very good

DCLawGW

New

Post by DCLawGW » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:39 am

Unadilla Kayaker wrote:
DCLawGW wrote:Does everyone see a Seat Deposit with an amount due of 0.00 below the application fee on the status checker? Sorry if this has already been answered.
Not to pick on you DCLawGW, as other people have asked similar questions, but do you think they would update the Seat Deposit part and not the decision part? Makes no sense to me. Finally had to say something (sorry to single you out).

That's true. Though, you never know how their computer systems work. My app status still just says "Application Ready for Review." So I doubt it means anything.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Unadilla Kayaker

Bronze

Post by Unadilla Kayaker » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:43 am

DCLawGW wrote:
Unadilla Kayaker wrote:

That's true. Though, you never know how their computer systems work. My app status still just says "Application Ready for Review." So I doubt it means anything.
Have the same status and have the Seat Deposit. Never read anything into the Seat Deposit stuff though. Good luck!

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:45 am

tram988 wrote:

Dear William and Mary,

Heartbrokenly yours

Trucker D
ahahah, very good
Thank you :D I am not of Voidsix's caliber, but I thought I would try. ;)

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:10 pm

Mine lists that too, but my status just changed to decision pending, good sign perhaps? Was ready for review for ages.

nyskidude

Bronze

Post by nyskidude » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:20 pm

I've had decision pending since 10/27..... Starting to get a tad bit anxious.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Miltiades

Gold

Post by Miltiades » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:49 pm

You know, "Decision Pending" is probably not the best word choice on a status checker if one wants to promote calm and patience in applicants.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:30 pm

Miltiades wrote:You know, "Decision Pending" is probably not the best word choice on a status checker if one wants to promote calm and patience in applicants.
How about, "Just dickin around w/your app right now."

thalassocrat

Bronze

Post by thalassocrat » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:12 pm

robin600 wrote:
Miltiades wrote:You know, "Decision Pending" is probably not the best word choice on a status checker if one wants to promote calm and patience in applicants.
How about, "Just dickin around w/your app right now."
Or "Testing how well your PS does as a paper airplane."

bissey

Bronze

Post by bissey » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:24 pm

Dear William and Mary,

Heartbrokenly yours

Trucker D
very nice. i doubt the safety part though lol

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

juevonate

New

Post by juevonate » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Got my packet in the mail today.

Am already in-state, and was offered a 3K/year scholarship.....165 LSAT GPA between 3.6 and 3.8. Seems a bit lower than what other people were getting--but I'm glad I'm in.

NatSec

Bronze

Post by NatSec » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:13 pm

Soooooo, someone from the Illinois admissions office posted where they were at in the file review process and let people know why their status checkers had a certain status. If only some kind, lovely, and truly majestic person at William and Mary would take pity on us and do the same.

If only...

gymboree

Silver

Post by gymboree » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:48 pm

anyone heard anything new from W&M this week? Any new decisions? Let's hope there's a batch Friday.

Notor

Bronze

Post by Notor » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:28 pm

NatSec wrote:Soooooo, someone from the Illinois admissions office posted where they were at in the file review process and let people know why their status checkers had a certain status. If only some kind, lovely, and truly majestic person at William and Mary would take pity on us and do the same.

If only...
Where did Illinois post that information?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:39 pm

Probably withdrawing in the next week or so. Good luck to all those waiting to hear.

NatSec

Bronze

Post by NatSec » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:07 pm

Notor wrote:
NatSec wrote:Soooooo, someone from the Illinois admissions office posted where they were at in the file review process and let people know why their status checkers had a certain status. If only some kind, lovely, and truly majestic person at William and Mary would take pity on us and do the same.

If only...
Where did Illinois post that information?
Pless wrote:Sorry to jump in on the thread, but I thought I would let you all know what we are doing with applications. I will start reviewing files this week, but people that applied Early Decision will be reviewed first. Once those are done I will move to the regular decision files and review those based on the order of completion. I would expect the first regular decision offers to come out in early December.

We held off sending out the status checker email for a few reasons. I knew that I wouldn't be reviewing files until now and didn't want people to get carpal tunnel hitting the refresh button. Also, even though your file may be complete at LSAC, it typically takes a week or so for it to be complete here at Illinois. This is because we go through every file just to make sure that everything is actually there and ready for review. I was trying to avoid the flood of calls and emails asking why the file wasn't complete yet.

Hope that helps.
Paul

was posted in the Illinois 2010 thread

stephhu

New

Post by stephhu » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:10 pm

In at William and Mary with about 20,000 in scholarships/fellowship money. I'm excited. Haven't made a decision yet as it is my first acceptance and I'm waiting for other schools as well.

gymboree

Silver

Post by gymboree » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:23 pm

stephhu wrote:In at William and Mary with about 20,000 in scholarships/fellowship money. I'm excited. Haven't made a decision yet as it is my first acceptance and I'm waiting for other schools as well.
Congrats!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”