William & Mary Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NatSec

Bronze

Re: William & Mary

Post by NatSec » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:07 pm

hopefully the dean can shed some light on it tomorrow

New

Post by 02092010 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:17 pm

Well I'm far from a lock so i fear that I am their first rejection letter... Then again i'll be optimistic and assume they loved my softs and my LORs

azb

Bronze

Post by azb » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:37 pm

My status has changed to decision pending...
what does it mean? uhhhh

S de Garmeaux

Bronze

Post by S de Garmeaux » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:38 pm

azb wrote:My status has changed to decision pending...
what does it mean? uhhhh
it means you have a long, anxious wait ahead of you

bonnieblue

Bronze

Post by bonnieblue » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:39 pm

i'm 166 3.5 and have been decision pending for over a month....cool

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

azb

Bronze

Post by azb » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:40 pm

sdegarmo wrote:
azb wrote:My status has changed to decision pending...
what does it mean? uhhhh
it means you have a long, anxious wait ahead of you
Uhhh!!! I hate the whole waiting process...who likes it anyways

statuscheckerssuck

Bronze

Post by statuscheckerssuck » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:02 pm

Another question for the dean--do they have an aid matching program? I got my scholly info today and was kind of disappointed. I got the grad fellowship and stipend but non of the merit aid that it seems others got. I am anticipating much better offers elsewhere so I am wondering if W&M ever negotiates scholly offers in light of better offers?

azb

Bronze

Post by azb » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:13 pm

NatSec wrote:All:

I'm meeting with Dean Wixson from the Admissions office on Friday afternoon. If anybody has any questions they would like me to ask let me know and I'll post his responses when I get back on Saturday.

Thus far:

1) Why is sckon still bloody decision pending?
2) What do the changing dates with no changing status on the status checkers mean?
When meeting the Dean, please ask him if "Decision Pending" means rejection/waitlisted? Or there is still some hope.

My LSAT is below their median while my GPA is above the median.

monkey85

Bronze

Post by monkey85 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:03 pm

Email invitation to have a phone convo with a W&M alum who is now a current V5 BigLaw associate. Very nice touch W&M admissions office.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

iheartucla

New

Post by iheartucla » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:11 pm

Displeased wrote:William and Mary had the fastest turnaround time of all the schools I applied to, I heard back within two weeks.

I don't think I'm an outlier either, most of the people I've talked to at W&M got their acceptance letters within a few weeks of going complete. Generally, it seems like if you are accepted, you hear back within a few weeks, and if you are rejected, they don't get back to you for months and months.
+1000000 I got my acceptance in less then a walk and a half, and didnt think i was anything super fantastic- got some nice $$$ too, going into to it I wasnt really thinking of going there, now I am definitely going to visit at least....

NatSec

Bronze

Post by NatSec » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:18 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:Another question for the dean--do they have an aid matching program? I got my scholly info today and was kind of disappointed. I got the grad fellowship and stipend but non of the merit aid that it seems others got. I am anticipating much better offers elsewhere so I am wondering if W&M ever negotiates scholly offers in light of better offers?
Okay, so far this is what I have:

1) Why is sckon still at bloody decision pending?
2) What do the changing dates with no correlating change in status on the status checkers mean?
3) Does the career services aid finding placement for externships or are positions for students to find? If they are involved, what type of help do they offer?
4) For those that are currently sitting at “decision pending”, can they expect to be notified of a decision in March or possibly earlier? What is meant by the “decision pending” status, is the status conferred prior to or after review of an applicant’s file?
5) Does W&M have any type of aid matching program similar to other top law schools such as the Univ. of Texas?

I'll do my best to check again in the morning to see if there are any other questions. Please feel free to post them and I'll ask the dean.

eye

Bronze

Post by eye » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:39 pm

monkey85 wrote:Email invitation to have a phone convo with a W&M alum who is now a current V5 BigLaw associate. Very nice touch W&M admissions office.
That is pretty sweet. Any particular reason?

eye

Bronze

Post by eye » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:44 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:Another question for the dean--do they have an aid matching program? I got my scholly info today and was kind of disappointed. I got the grad fellowship and stipend but non of the merit aid that it seems others got. I am anticipating much better offers elsewhere so I am wondering if W&M ever negotiates scholly offers in light of better offers?
I don't see why they wouldn't since some fellowship offers w/ merit aid will be declined, leaving them some extra $$$ to play with.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:52 pm

I got an email from a "town attorney" from a nearby county who went to W&M. She said to give her a ring if I wanted to chat.

daniel5215

Bronze

Post by daniel5215 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:04 pm

just went complete. good luck everyone who's sill waiting!

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:08 pm

perhaps I am a masochist, but I asked for my file to be put on hold until February. Would like to retake the lsat and give them a reason to accept me, as the nice woman I spoke to on the phone made it quite clear that I my chances as is were slim.

Estrellas

New

Post by Estrellas » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:47 pm

Did you all get the greeting card thing they sent today? I wonder why "Graduate Fellowship Paperwork" was the subject line haha That's a little odd!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:49 pm

Estrellas wrote:Did you all get the greeting card thing they sent today? I wonder why "Graduate Fellowship Paperwork" was the subject line haha That's a little odd!
an email?

Pearalegal

Silver

Post by Pearalegal » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:50 pm

Estrellas wrote:Did you all get the greeting card thing they sent today? I wonder why "Graduate Fellowship Paperwork" was the subject line haha That's a little odd!
Haha, me too. I thought I was going to have to fill something out.

Estrellas

New

Post by Estrellas » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:52 pm

Pearalegal wrote:

Well I thought they were going to give me a fellowship ...because I don't have one now! haha

bluejayk

Bronze

Post by bluejayk » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:12 pm

Estrellas wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:

Well I thought they were going to give me a fellowship ...because I don't have one now! haha
Me too, I was excited then disappointed, because a little extra financial aid from W&M would make it my top choice, I think. Kinda screwed up, the e-mail text was basically "We have a nice time during the holidays, everyone is included", barely worth reading.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

getmetolawschool

New

Post by getmetolawschool » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:25 pm

First thought: YES! They forgot to put my scholarship info in the mail!

Second thought: Yule log? Really?

RMstratosphere

Bronze

Post by RMstratosphere » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:37 pm

bluejayk wrote:
Estrellas wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:

Me too, I was excited then disappointed, because a little extra financial aid from W&M would make it my top choice, I think. Kinda screwed up, the e-mail text was basically "We have a nice time during the holidays, everyone is included", barely worth reading.
+1000000
I hopped on here to make sure I wasn't the only person this happened to.

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:46 pm

Last edited by 5ky on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:46 pm

I guess I am not going to W&M.

I'm not getting these mailings.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”