William & Mary Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Slimpee

Silver

Re: William & Mary

Post by Slimpee » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:41 pm

Still DP 12/16...trying to be patient!

(it's not working well)

harry0569

New

Post by harry0569 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:41 pm

eandy wrote:My addiction to the status checker has been renewed! I think I am going to unplug my ethernet cord and sit in another room so that I won't be tempted.

On that note,
William and Mary, I love you. If you love me back, I will send you lots of sticker cash.
+1

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:43 pm

harry0569 wrote:
eandy wrote:My addiction to the status checker has been renewed! I think I am going to unplug my ethernet cord and sit in another room so that I won't be tempted.

On that note,
William and Mary, I love you. If you love me back, I will send you lots of sticker cash.
+1
LoL

mkirk3

New

Post by mkirk3 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:46 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:
Lost in Eden wrote:Another one! DP since 11/3, accepted today via status checker!!
I just checked; I'm still DP for 11/3. Bad sign? Maybe.

I'm beginning to have the same bad feeling, though I've only been dp since 1/14 or so. I bet today was the last round of acceptances for awhile.

insertclevernamehere

Bronze

Post by insertclevernamehere » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:03 pm

There was a second when I was checking my status checker when I was like "this could be it...I could make my decision today where I am going to school."

Then my DP reality hit me in the face.

womp.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gogo

New

Post by gogo » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:36 pm

On that note,
++1!

freeman09

New

Post by freeman09 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:47 pm

Same feeling here.

The wait is getting old.

Any thoughts on how the numbers will play out?

ryguy

Bronze

Post by ryguy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:52 pm

mkirk3 wrote:
GobiasIndustries wrote:
Lost in Eden wrote:Another one! DP since 11/3, accepted today via status checker!!
I just checked; I'm still DP for 11/3. Bad sign? Maybe.

I'm beginning to have the same bad feeling, though I've only been dp since 1/14 or so. I bet today was the last round of acceptances for awhile.
Try for positive vibes....maybe.

nymets123

New

Post by nymets123 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:25 pm

NYVA311 wrote:DP 11/17. w00t.
im still at DP from 10/7/2009

ahhhhhhh 5 months, 1 week and counting

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

NYVA311

Bronze

Post by NYVA311 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:37 pm

nymets123 wrote:

Whoa, that's a new record. I'm sorry for your wait! Applying early has pretty much done nothing for me but extend the wait and agony for months longer than necessary. I honestly don't think it helped me with one acceptance.

GatorBait09

New

Post by GatorBait09 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:42 pm

NYVA311 wrote:
nymets123 wrote:

Whoa, that's a new record. I'm sorry for your wait! Applying early has pretty much done nothing for me but extend the wait and agony for months longer than necessary. I honestly don't think it helped me with one acceptance.
I think it helps more with midrange (ranked 40 and above) and in-state schools. I've noticed that a lot of the W&M acceptances so far are VA residents.

ryguy

Bronze

Post by ryguy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:10 pm

NYVA311 wrote:
nymets123 wrote:

W&M has to drop the silent waitlist XXXX, just send letters or emails with the real deal, so we can spring into action!

ryguy

Bronze

Post by ryguy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:13 pm

And it's rude. :cry:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

DeSilentio2728

Bronze

Post by DeSilentio2728 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:02 am

Per William & Mary Admissions blog:

It's Official!
by Faye Shealy | March 12, 2010
William & Mary law School has set another record for the number of applications! We have received over 6,200 applications, up 25 percent over last year. However, the numbers are just the tip of the iceberg. The real story is the quality of our applicants. There are many strong applicants presenting themselves with unique stories, personal experiences and strong records, all indicating a passion and commitment to serve. This is the strongest pool of applicants that I have seen in all my years of reading and evaluating applications. Decisions are difficult and the challenge is daunting. We are in our final phase of review, evaluation and comparison and we are on schedule to notify our applicants by the end of this month.

We appreciate the interest in legal education at William & Mary and continue to consider applications to enroll here as the sincerest form of flattery. On behalf of William & Mary Law School, we appreciate the compliment!

Thoughts?

lunu

New

Post by lunu » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:07 am

DeSilentio2728 wrote:Per William & Mary Admissions blog:

It's Official!
by Faye Shealy | March 12, 2010
William & Mary law School has set another record for the number of applications! We have received over 6,200 applications, up 25 percent over last year. However, the numbers are just the tip of the iceberg. The real story is the quality of our applicants. There are many strong applicants presenting themselves with unique stories, personal experiences and strong records, all indicating a passion and commitment to serve. This is the strongest pool of applicants that I have seen in all my years of reading and evaluating applications. Decisions are difficult and the challenge is daunting. We are in our final phase of review, evaluation and comparison and we are on schedule to notify our applicants by the end of this month.

We appreciate the interest in legal education at William & Mary and continue to consider applications to enroll here as the sincerest form of flattery. On behalf of William & Mary Law School, we appreciate the compliment!

Thoughts?
Yeah, I think I'm fucked.

Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Post by Encyclopedia Brown » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:14 am

I hadn't checked my status checker in months (complete 10/28ish), then I saw that some people were receiving decisions... and then I was disappointed yet again. Still DP 11/18. Sigh.

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:17 am

By the end of the month? Gimme a break. That would leave us with all of 2 weeks to decide if we would like to go there, if accepted. For many people, that simply isn't enough time to commit completely to a school. And that isn't to mention the whole financial aid process, which is another crucial factor that must be considered before any decision can be made. I know I've said it before, but I'm just baffled by the stupidity of W&M's approach here.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

wadeny

Bronze

Post by wadeny » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:18 am

Sorry guys, I think the WL will be official in another week or two. I posted this in the thread way back in November:
Although W&M says they are officially not a rolling admissions school, they will send out acceptances very soon (if not already) to the applicants they like. After that, there will be some acceptances scattered about here and there, but most applicants will hear around April 1. Chances are, if you submitted your app early (Sept-Oct) and do not hear any good news in the next couple weeks or so, things probably don't look too good for you. I mean, there probably are exceptions, but this is how it worked last cycle for the most part, i.e. if W&M really likes you, they act as a rolling admissions school and accept you very quickly, otherwise get ready for the massive WL in April.
And well, it looks like this cycle turned out about the same as last year, although the competition became even more intense. W&M is a great school for a very low price, which might be one of the main reasons it is luring in more applicants than ever before, especially considering the economy. Good luck to all those who decide to wait it out!

DeSilentio2728

Bronze

Post by DeSilentio2728 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:20 am

Yeah, I think I'm fucked.[/quote]

That's what I was thinking.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:25 am

To be fair, I suspect many more qualified applicants are applying to WM to see if they can get merit aid and fellowship to make LS an affordable endeavor. So depending on the aid they hand out, they may not be able to keep all of the qualified candidates. For some of you who have weaker numbers, I don't think you are necessarily screwed. Maybe many people applied to WM as a safety to see how much $$ sense it would make. At the end of the cycle, with this economy and weakened job prospects, people with T14 numbers may still stick with T14, freeing up the spots that are currently occupied. Lower T14 seem to be WLing alot of people now and I think many people who are accepted at WM will end up getting offers elsewhere when WLs are settled. Don't panic just yet.

lifeaway1985

Bronze

Post by lifeaway1985 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:15 am

I will retake LSAT and reapply anyother schools than WM. :evil:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

GobiasIndustries

Bronze

Post by GobiasIndustries » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:41 am

Given where I am on their numbers scale (GPA & LSAT between 25th and median, URM) and being DP since November, I'm guessing it's a WL/reject. Even if it's not, like we've said, 2 weeks (or less) is hardly enough time to seriously consider all the elements of attending a school, especially when I've basically been set on one since January that's going to be better for me in a lot of ways. It's a strange method.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:55 am

I'm really starting to freak out now!!!!

Doodsmack

Bronze

Post by Doodsmack » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:13 am

GobiasIndustries wrote:Given where I am on their numbers scale (GPA & LSAT between 25th and median, URM) and being DP since November, I'm guessing it's a WL/reject. Even if it's not, like we've said, 2 weeks (or less) is hardly enough time to seriously consider all the elements of attending a school, especially when I've basically been set on one since January that's going to be better for me in a lot of ways. It's a strange method.
Consider all the elements now, as if you had been accepted, and you'll be able to make a decision just the same.

ViIIager

Bronze

Post by ViIIager » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:15 am

Doodsmack wrote:Consider all the elements now, as if you had been accepted, and you'll be able to make a decision just the same.
Wouldn't that require a visit, which means time off of work, travel, possibly hotel+flight, etc.?

I went the easy way and just sent my seat deposit in. To another school.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”