Temple 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
riburn3
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:56 am

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby riburn3 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:29 am

In two days ago via e-mail.

Was complete 10/13/09.

thwalls
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby thwalls » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:23 pm

Well folks, I guess the rest of us will be waiting until early January to hear something. Happy holidays!

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:23 pm

Complete date updated to 12/30. Don't know if this means anything. I'm out for the evening. Happy New Year, folks!

Aloha4
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:10 am

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby Aloha4 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:12 pm

Complete since 12/1. Guess I am going to have to wait a while...

User avatar
bklyngreenlp
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby bklyngreenlp » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:43 pm

My complete date was also updated to 12/30 (I've been complete since mid-October).

thwalls
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby thwalls » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:42 pm

My completion date was updated to 12/21 and stayed that way. I just don't get it.

and the beast
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:30 am

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby and the beast » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:46 pm

thwalls wrote:My completion date was updated to 12/21 and stayed that way. I just don't get it.


Same. I am so annoyed. I was complete early November!

jerzgrl630
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby jerzgrl630 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:55 pm

Does Temple's status checker say when you're under review?

thwalls
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby thwalls » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:08 pm

jerzgrl630 wrote:Does Temple's status checker say when you're under review?


No, it just goes from "Complete" to "Accepted" from what I've heard thus far. Also, it seems that you get the email at almost the exact time that the status changes. But I don't know for sure. Either way, I'm completely useless because I can't stop checking my email or my application status.

Must concentrate...must work on thesis...

jerzgrl630
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby jerzgrl630 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:42 pm

thwalls wrote:
jerzgrl630 wrote:Does Temple's status checker say when you're under review?


No, it just goes from "Complete" to "Accepted" from what I've heard thus far. Also, it seems that you get the email at almost the exact time that the status changes. But I don't know for sure. Either way, I'm completely useless because I can't stop checking my email or my application status.

Must concentrate...must work on thesis...


Thanks for the info. I almost prefer not knowing when I'm in review so I only check my status checkers 2x a day, as opposed to 10x a day when I know I'm in review.

User avatar
Huey_Freeman
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:16 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby Huey_Freeman » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:40 pm

admitted via status checker today

User avatar
peyso
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:56 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby peyso » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:46 pm

I've been Complete since 9/28 w/ no update of date. I dont think I have to worry but it bothers me that there hasnt been any movement.

User avatar
anothernancydrew
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby anothernancydrew » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:47 pm

peyso wrote:I've been Complete since 9/28 w/ no update of date. I dont think I have to worry but it bothers me that there hasnt been any movement.


I haven't been complete for as long (10/27), but I too have no date update. I've given up trying to decide if a date update is a good/bad thing.

User avatar
bklyngreenlp
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby bklyngreenlp » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:29 pm

In via status checker! The information changed to "Admitted - congratulations" and was updated to today's date.

User avatar
manbearwig
Posts: 351
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:38 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby manbearwig » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:30 pm

bklyngreenlp wrote:In via status checker! The information changed to "Admitted - congratulations" and was updated to today's date.


Congrats!! If you don't mind me asking, when did you go complete, when/if did you go under review?

User avatar
bklyngreenlp
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby bklyngreenlp » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:38 pm

Sorry for not posting that info (it's on my LSN page). I sent it 10/20, complete 10/23 and then on Monday, my complete date changed to 12/30, so I assume I went under review this week.

sukaili
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:21 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby sukaili » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:43 pm

bklyngreenlp wrote:In via status checker! The information changed to "Admitted - congratulations" and was updated to today's date.


me too! :)

Congrats!

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:35 pm

In as of this morning! (via email) Can't beat the MSRP for in-staters!

User avatar
peyso
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:56 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby peyso » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:56 pm

bklyngreenlp wrote:Sorry for not posting that info (it's on my LSN page). I sent it 10/20, complete 10/23 and then on Monday, my complete date changed to 12/30, so I assume I went under review this week.


Assuming all of what you say is true, I just dont understand how they have reached a decision being that I went complete 9/28

champ33
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:34 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby champ33 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:57 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:In as of this morning! (via email) Can't beat the MSRP for in-staters!


congrats! do you know if your status checker changed before or at all?

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:47 pm

champ33 wrote:
badwithpseudonyms wrote:In as of this morning! (via email) Can't beat the MSRP for in-staters!


congrats! do you know if your status checker changed before or at all?


Thank you! Yes, I must have been part of yesterday's group. So the Status Checker updates before the email comes.

It reads...
Current Status: Admitted
Current Status Date: 1/7/2010
Decision Status: Admitted - Congratulations!
Decision Status Date: 1/7/2010


Hope this helps!

User avatar
bklyngreenlp
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby bklyngreenlp » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:13 pm

Peyso, you're incorrectly assuming the only criteria the adcomm uses to assess applications is the date of submission. You should take a look at Temple's LSN page. There are a number of applicants who submitted as late as mid-November and received decisions this week. Also, per this discussion thread and LSN, a number of applicants who submitted in September heard back before Christmas.

Good luck!

thwalls
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby thwalls » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:30 pm

I really wish I knew how they put together the order of who they look at first and how they admit. I applied mid-october, went complete late october, and then my date changed to 12/21. Somebody who applied early december was admitted yesterday. I just don't get it.

I understand there are other factors involved in who they look a, and in what order, but I thought the whole idea of a rolling admissions process was to act in a "first-come-first-served" manner?

I just really need to know where I'm going to be moving to next year due to job issues, and the sooner I hear from them, the sooner I'll know to start looking for places in and around philadelphia.

User avatar
anothernancydrew
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby anothernancydrew » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:59 pm

thwalls wrote:I really wish I knew how they put together the order of who they look at first and how they admit. I applied mid-october, went complete late october, and then my date changed to 12/21. Somebody who applied early december was admitted yesterday. I just don't get it.

I understand there are other factors involved in who they look a, and in what order, but I thought the whole idea of a rolling admissions process was to act in a "first-come-first-served" manner?

I just really need to know where I'm going to be moving to next year due to job issues, and the sooner I hear from them, the sooner I'll know to start looking for places in and around philadelphia.


Honestly, I think that the more competitive the application, the sooner they look at it. Also, it looks like Temple isn't sending out rejections or waitlists yet, which makes sense, as they want to get a better idea of the applicant pool before drawing a line in the sand.

User avatar
manbearwig
Posts: 351
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:38 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby manbearwig » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:03 pm

anothernancydrew wrote:
thwalls wrote:I really wish I knew how they put together the order of who they look at first and how they admit. I applied mid-october, went complete late october, and then my date changed to 12/21. Somebody who applied early december was admitted yesterday. I just don't get it.

I understand there are other factors involved in who they look a, and in what order, but I thought the whole idea of a rolling admissions process was to act in a "first-come-first-served" manner?

I just really need to know where I'm going to be moving to next year due to job issues, and the sooner I hear from them, the sooner I'll know to start looking for places in and around philadelphia.


Honestly, I think that the more competitive the application, the sooner they look at it. Also, it looks like Temple isn't sending out rejections or waitlists yet, which makes sense, as they want to get a better idea of the applicant pool before drawing a line in the sand.


I don't know about that. I should have auto-admit numbers, but I'm still complete at 11/16.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”