Temple 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hunkydory
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:47 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby hunkydory » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:30 pm

Have not heard anything from Temple since early February. Anyone else in this position? I'm guessing it's not a good thing.

haleydee
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:42 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby haleydee » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:02 pm

hunkydory wrote:Have not heard anything from Temple since early February. Anyone else in this position? I'm guessing it's not a good thing.


same..i went complete at the end of january and then again on 3/19 and havent heard anything since

emkayo
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:39 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby emkayo » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:05 pm

haleydee wrote:
hunkydory wrote:Have not heard anything from Temple since early February. Anyone else in this position? I'm guessing it's not a good thing.


same..i went complete at the end of january and then again on 3/19 and havent heard anything since


I went complete on March 2nd and no activity since the confirmation email. Hang in there guys!

meg5096
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:52 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby meg5096 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:13 pm

I was also just denied a scholarship increase. Temple offered 5k/yr for all 3 years, but I just received a 30k/yr offer from Villanova that I tried to use to my advantage. Ms. Johnston said that they could not offer additional funds at this time and that they have had to deny many accepted students an increase because of limited scholarship resources. Clearly there are people here who have gotten an increase, so am I most likely too late?

I will definitely be writing back to ask, but I'm wondering if anyone who has heard back or is familiar with the process could help me out. Does this sound like I could possibly be offered an increase once people start dropping out of consideration and more funds open up? Or am I most likely out of luck? To be honest I thought my chances of getting even a small increase were very good. Thanks everybody

jimicornerstone
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:29 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby jimicornerstone » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:26 pm

meg5096 wrote:I was also just denied a scholarship increase. Temple offered 5k/yr for all 3 years, but I just received a 30k/yr offer from Villanova that I tried to use to my advantage. Ms. Johnston said that they could not offer additional funds at this time and that they have had to deny many accepted students an increase because of limited scholarship resources. Clearly there are people here who have gotten an increase, so am I most likely too late?

I will definitely be writing back to ask, but I'm wondering if anyone who has heard back or is familiar with the process could help me out. Does this sound like I could possibly be offered an increase once people start dropping out of consideration and more funds open up? Or am I most likely out of luck? To be honest I thought my chances of getting even a small increase were very good. Thanks everybody


I'm kind of in the same boat, albeit a slightly smaller boat. I have a 20k offer from Nova and nothing from Temple, asked for something and got the same response. I still like Temple better than Nova, but it's gonna be a tough decision. I think your reasoning sounds good though, I'm sure there are people on T20 waitlists that tossed down the $150 deposit to secure a full boat at Temple just in case. We'll see, if your interested it's probably worth the $150 to see if this happens by mid-June.

meg5096
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:52 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby meg5096 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:15 am

jimicornerstone wrote:
meg5096 wrote:I was also just denied a scholarship increase. Temple offered 5k/yr for all 3 years, but I just received a 30k/yr offer from Villanova that I tried to use to my advantage. Ms. Johnston said that they could not offer additional funds at this time and that they have had to deny many accepted students an increase because of limited scholarship resources. Clearly there are people here who have gotten an increase, so am I most likely too late?

I will definitely be writing back to ask, but I'm wondering if anyone who has heard back or is familiar with the process could help me out. Does this sound like I could possibly be offered an increase once people start dropping out of consideration and more funds open up? Or am I most likely out of luck? To be honest I thought my chances of getting even a small increase were very good. Thanks everybody


I'm kind of in the same boat, albeit a slightly smaller boat. I have a 20k offer from Nova and nothing from Temple, asked for something and got the same response. I still like Temple better than Nova, but it's gonna be a tough decision. I think your reasoning sounds good though, I'm sure there are people on T20 waitlists that tossed down the $150 deposit to secure a full boat at Temple just in case. We'll see, if your interested it's probably worth the $150 to see if this happens by mid-June.



Heard back from them again- basically said it's impossible to predict their cycle etc etc and the best thing i can do is be patient. makes sense. obviously have a deposit down at both so can't hurt to ride it out for a while

User avatar
jlamb
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:07 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby jlamb » Thu May 06, 2010 2:31 pm

jimicornerstone wrote:
meg5096 wrote:I was also just denied a scholarship increase. Temple offered 5k/yr for all 3 years, but I just received a 30k/yr offer from Villanova that I tried to use to my advantage. Ms. Johnston said that they could not offer additional funds at this time and that they have had to deny many accepted students an increase because of limited scholarship resources. Clearly there are people here who have gotten an increase, so am I most likely too late?

I will definitely be writing back to ask, but I'm wondering if anyone who has heard back or is familiar with the process could help me out. Does this sound like I could possibly be offered an increase once people start dropping out of consideration and more funds open up? Or am I most likely out of luck? To be honest I thought my chances of getting even a small increase were very good. Thanks everybody


I'm kind of in the same boat, albeit a slightly smaller boat. I have a 20k offer from Nova and nothing from Temple, asked for something and got the same response. I still like Temple better than Nova, but it's gonna be a tough decision. I think your reasoning sounds good though, I'm sure there are people on T20 waitlists that tossed down the $150 deposit to secure a full boat at Temple just in case. We'll see, if your interested it's probably worth the $150 to see if this happens by mid-June.


You are dead on correct here. I've heard of several who are still waiting on T50 schools while occupying a seat at Temple with substantial scholarship dollars. Things will likely open up in the next month or so...

- Jason M Lamb () ()

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7256
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby beach_terror » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:15 am

Bad news for us waitlisters.. I called admissions today and asked if and when they'd be going to the waitlist. Their response was "as of right now, the class is full. However, we can go to the waitlist up until the first day of orientation, but we can't forecast if we'll be going to the waitlist at all this year".




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: canafsa, cocozhang9950, finaciardi, Google Adsense [Bot], rikkebukh and 5 guests