Temple 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
brian317
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:19 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby brian317 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:15 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:
bceagles182 wrote:
brian317 wrote:Has anyone tried to negotiate scholarship offers with Temple? I sent them an e-mail and am still waiting to hear any response from them after 2 days.


Sent Ms. Johnston an email yesterday attaching my other scholarship offers (including $10k/year from Villanova), and she responded today with a $12k non-renewable. I didn't receive a scholarship at all when I went admitted so this was good news with a quick turnaround! I basically just explained that financial considerations were an extremely important factor in my decision and that I really liked the school when I visited for ASD.

162; 3.38

This makes me kind of sad that it has been a week, and my e-mail has still gone ignored when yours gets answered in a day.



Got an email from Ms. Johnston today answering my request. I got a Law Faculty Scholarship worth 12k a year, replacing my first year scholarship of 12k for just the first year. It sounds like you may have gotten my old scholarship bceagles. They answered me within 2 days fyi.

User avatar
nit00
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:36 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby nit00 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:11 pm

Withdrew today. This one was really hard for me. Temple is a great school, and I was really impressed at the ASD. Good luck to all of you still waiting, and good luck to those of you who will be attending!

mailmanstalker
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:54 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby mailmanstalker » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:38 am

brian317 wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:
bceagles182 wrote:
brian317 wrote:Has anyone tried to negotiate scholarship offers with Temple? I sent them an e-mail and am still waiting to hear any response from them after 2 days.


Sent Ms. Johnston an email yesterday attaching my other scholarship offers (including $10k/year from Villanova), and she responded today with a $12k non-renewable. I didn't receive a scholarship at all when I went admitted so this was good news with a quick turnaround! I basically just explained that financial considerations were an extremely important factor in my decision and that I really liked the school when I visited for ASD.

162; 3.38

This makes me kind of sad that it has been a week, and my e-mail has still gone ignored when yours gets answered in a day.



Got an email from Ms. Johnston today answering my request. I got a Law Faculty Scholarship worth 12k a year, replacing my first year scholarship of 12k for just the first year. It sounds like you may have gotten my old scholarship bceagles. They answered me within 2 days fyi.


This was the same deal they gave me.

User avatar
liquidsword
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:15 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby liquidsword » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:06 am

brian317 wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:
bceagles182 wrote:
brian317 wrote:Has anyone tried to negotiate scholarship offers with Temple? I sent them an e-mail and am still waiting to hear any response from them after 2 days.


Sent Ms. Johnston an email yesterday attaching my other scholarship offers (including $10k/year from Villanova), and she responded today with a $12k non-renewable. I didn't receive a scholarship at all when I went admitted so this was good news with a quick turnaround! I basically just explained that financial considerations were an extremely important factor in my decision and that I really liked the school when I visited for ASD.

162; 3.38

This makes me kind of sad that it has been a week, and my e-mail has still gone ignored when yours gets answered in a day.



Got an email from Ms. Johnston today answering my request. I got a Law Faculty Scholarship worth 12k a year, replacing my first year scholarship of 12k for just the first year. It sounds like you may have gotten my old scholarship bceagles. They answered me within 2 days fyi.




Very nice. I also emailed a letter as an attachment and got 22.5k over 3 yrs with a 2.5gpa requirement, which I'm thrilled about. It just may sway me to Temple.

As for anyone waiting on a scholarship negotiation response, it took them about a week and a half. Good luck.

User avatar
snowpeach06
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 am

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby snowpeach06 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:41 pm

liquidsword wrote:[


Very nice. I also emailed a letter as an attachment and got 22.5k over 3 yrs with a 2.5gpa requirement, which I'm thrilled about. It just may sway me to Temple.

As for anyone waiting on a scholarship negotiation response, it took them about a week and a half. Good luck.

Guess at least waiting a while isn't a definite no. That is good. I just hope they respond to me before the deadline.

keemos
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:22 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby keemos » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:42 pm

withdrew today with 12K per year

User avatar
x47point6
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:43 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby x47point6 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:44 pm

Withdrew today with a Beasley (in-state). Good luck. Hope the money gets redistributed.

wilkey10
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby wilkey10 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:07 pm

sending in my deposit tomorrow! anyone else?

User avatar
WithGrace23
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby WithGrace23 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:02 pm

Did Temple really drop to 72 in the rankings...?

User avatar
hushu
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:14 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby hushu » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:42 pm

WithGrace23 wrote:Did Temple really drop to 72 in the rankings...?


+1

wondering the same thing...
it was so disheartening to see that

jerzgrl630
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby jerzgrl630 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:28 pm

hushu wrote:
WithGrace23 wrote:Did Temple really drop to 72 in the rankings...?


+1

wondering the same thing...
it was so disheartening to see that


Yeah that seemed a little worrisome, but I don't think it's changing my opinion. The legal writing and trial advocacy programs are still really strong, which seems like a good indication of their education quality.

jimicornerstone
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:29 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby jimicornerstone » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:10 pm

It seems like all the Philly-area schools all dropped roughly the same (-6 or -7) from last year. What do we think this reflects? If anything at all.. I'm guessing that 66% employed at graduation stat didn't help Temple, but Nova's was 64.5%, although Nova did bring it up to 94% after 9 months compared to Temple's 92%. We need a bracketologist.

jerzgrl630
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby jerzgrl630 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:36 pm

jimicornerstone wrote:It seems like all the Philly-area schools all dropped roughly the same (-6 or -7) from last year. What do we think this reflects? If anything at all.. I'm guessing that 66% employed at graduation stat didn't help Temple, but Nova's was 64.5%, although Nova did bring it up to 94% after 9 months compared to Temple's 92%. We need a bracketologist.


My understanding is the Philly area market is not great at this time. That probably caused the nosedive for all schools. The different in the after 9 months thing doesn't seem terrible though. Anyone else have thoughts?

jimicornerstone
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:29 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby jimicornerstone » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:03 pm

jerzgrl630 wrote:
jimicornerstone wrote:It seems like all the Philly-area schools all dropped roughly the same (-6 or -7) from last year. What do we think this reflects? If anything at all.. I'm guessing that 66% employed at graduation stat didn't help Temple, but Nova's was 64.5%, although Nova did bring it up to 94% after 9 months compared to Temple's 92%. We need a bracketologist.


My understanding is the Philly area market is not great at this time. That probably caused the nosedive for all schools. The different in the after 9 months thing doesn't seem terrible though. Anyone else have thoughts?


Does this imply that Pitt's jump means USNWR believes the market in the Burgh is relatively better? I'm guessing the more likely cause is Pitt's unchallenged dominance of said Burghian market.

reverendt
Posts: 499
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:56 am

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby reverendt » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:05 pm

jimicornerstone wrote:
Does this imply that Pitt's jump means USNWR believes the market in the Burgh is relatively better? I'm guessing the more likely cause is Pitt's unchallenged dominance of said Burghian market.

Pitt opened an office in DC and is sending alot of people there. That might be part of the equation.

User avatar
Trifles
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby Trifles » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:56 pm

jerzgrl630 wrote:
jimicornerstone wrote:It seems like all the Philly-area schools all dropped roughly the same (-6 or -7) from last year. What do we think this reflects? If anything at all.. I'm guessing that 66% employed at graduation stat didn't help Temple, but Nova's was 64.5%, although Nova did bring it up to 94% after 9 months compared to Temple's 92%. We need a bracketologist.


My understanding is the Philly area market is not great at this time. That probably caused the nosedive for all schools. The different in the after 9 months thing doesn't seem terrible though. Anyone else have thoughts?


The employed after 9 months figure includes people who arn't even working as lawyers (found a job as a waiter, etc.), so I wouldn't pay that much attention to it.

jerzgrl630
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby jerzgrl630 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:24 am

Trifles wrote:
jerzgrl630 wrote:
jimicornerstone wrote:It seems like all the Philly-area schools all dropped roughly the same (-6 or -7) from last year. What do we think this reflects? If anything at all.. I'm guessing that 66% employed at graduation stat didn't help Temple, but Nova's was 64.5%, although Nova did bring it up to 94% after 9 months compared to Temple's 92%. We need a bracketologist.


My understanding is the Philly area market is not great at this time. That probably caused the nosedive for all schools. The different in the after 9 months thing doesn't seem terrible though. Anyone else have thoughts?


The employed after 9 months figure includes people who arn't even working as lawyers (found a job as a waiter, etc.), so I wouldn't pay that much attention to it.


Yes I know, but I'm grasping at straws here!

User avatar
jlnoa0915
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby jlnoa0915 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:10 am

Withdrew with 15k a year, was not an easy decision, good luck to you all.

mailmanstalker
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:54 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby mailmanstalker » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:14 am

jlnoa0915 wrote:Withdrew with 15k a year, was not an easy decision, good luck to you all.


+1 :(

User avatar
snowpeach06
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 am

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby snowpeach06 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:27 am

jlnoa0915 wrote:Withdrew with 15k a year, was not an easy decision, good luck to you all.

Hope I get yours. Temple still hasn't responded to my scholarship request.

jimicornerstone
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:29 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby jimicornerstone » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:43 pm

Deposit sent! Along with a little request for scholly reconsideration. Please Bease!

User avatar
WithGrace23
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby WithGrace23 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:40 am

Sending in my seat deposit! (Still waiting on a request for $), but I will be seeing you guys in the fall!

User avatar
jlamb
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:07 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby jlamb » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:51 am

See you guys in the fall... I can't wait. Full tuition scholarship (Beasely Scholarship) for all three years. I'm married with 2 kids living just outside Philly... Temple is a no brainer for me. No moving, low debt load (I still need stafford to cover bills... going full time), plus contacts in local legal market.
Opportunity + Plan + Mentor + Determined Individual = SUCCESS :D


- Jason Lamb () ()

User avatar
snowpeach06
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 am

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby snowpeach06 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:05 pm

Denied my scholarship request. :(

jerzgrl630
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby jerzgrl630 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:13 pm

Hello future classmates, I look forward to seeing you in the fall. I'll be living with my fiance so I'm not exactly looking for roommates, but if anyone has (cheap) housing suggestions please send them through!!!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests