Temple 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ragnarok545

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby ragnarok545 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:13 pm

Bump. Has no one settled on Temple?

SpaceDawg

Postby SpaceDawg » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:19 pm

pertristis wrote:
SpaceDawg wrote:
Headybrah wrote:hipster would be sweet because it would keep me entertained.
I always forget philly has subway...

Id love close as possible in an area that has a solid community feel
Im all about trying to feel part of a community.
I want local bars with good music

I PMed you with suggestions. The good thing about Philly is that it is fairly small and you can get anywhere pretty easily if you live in the major neighborhoods of the city. Old City is expensive but has a music scene. There are always bars around that have local bands playing just about anywhere in Philly. It really is a great city despite how much crap it gets on TLS. And most of the people who dump on it have never been here. I have had unbelievably good times in this city. And it's not pretentious. It's so much easier to be a poor student here than in NYC.

I'll second this. During my time off from the university, I lived in Philadelphia for a year. On the surface, it's a gritty city; one has to look to find the great spots, but once one does, it's a marvelous place. There are numerous places to live in the city: Old City and Manyunk have been mentioned. I used to live four blocks from the art museum. Compared to NYC (or quite a few other major cities), my apartment rent was a steal—for a great apartment, too.

I'd not hesitate to move back. If only Penn and Temple would give me a decision.

The only caveat I would say about Manayunk is that it's full of undergrads and it's kind of where the Greek go to die. Although there are some nice spots there, it's a bit mainstream. However, if that is what you're looking for then you will love it. It has some good food, shops and chill spots by the river.

manbearwig

Postby manbearwig » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:21 pm

ragnarok545 wrote:Bump. Has no one settled on Temple?

I'm going to Temple. Two big reasons why I'm going. Well, technically three, I guess. I want to live in the Philly area (I'm from around here), I didn't get into Penn, and I got a whole boatload of money from Temple. I got into better schools, ranked 20-30ish, but because I want to stay in Philly, it'd be easiest to get a job there from Temple.

orko60

Postby orko60 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:34 pm

Got my scholarship info in the mail today. Not bad (got the $12 a year). We'll see what other schools offer!

WithGrace23

Postby WithGrace23 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:25 am

The more I look at Temple, the more I really want to go there. I'm really interested in their Trial Advocacy program, and I love Philly.

I hope applying later didn't hurt my application too much.(I applied the second week of February, which is pretty late).
Normally I think I would have been a target at 162, 3.65. But I'm worried that I'm still at application received status and not complete yet. (I'm complete at pretty much everywhere else I applied)/

emtuoh

Postby emtuoh » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:31 pm

WithGrace23 wrote:The more I look at Temple, the more I really want to go there. I'm really interested in their Trial Advocacy program, and I love Philly.

I hope applying later didn't hurt my application too much.(I applied the second week of February, which is pretty late).
Normally I think I would have been a target at 162, 3.65. But I'm worried that I'm still at application received status and not complete yet. (I'm complete at pretty much everywhere else I applied)/

I don't think you need to worry. I applied relatively late, too, at the end of January and I just got in with 166 and 3.05.

bitlrc

Postby bitlrc » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:32 pm

WithGrace23 wrote:The more I look at Temple, the more I really want to go there. I'm really interested in their Trial Advocacy program, and I love Philly.

i got in with a 162/3.59 with a first year scholarship, so you should be in good shape

WithGrace23

Postby WithGrace23 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:01 pm

bitlrc wrote:

i got in with a 162/3.59 with a first year scholarship, so you should be in good shape

When did you apply?

bitlrc

Postby bitlrc » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:05 pm

WithGrace23 wrote:
bitlrc wrote:

When did you apply?

my main purpose of the post was to keep your hopes up because with those numbers you should be solid...didn't want to spoil it by saying that i applied about a month and a half before you

jlnoa0915

Postby jlnoa0915 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:08 pm

From what I've seen Temple, Villanova, and Penn State all have slow turn around times. With your numbers and a good ps I would say you still have a shot (IMO). Your late app time may hurt you but I think you should still be optimistic.

WithGrace23

Postby WithGrace23 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:11 pm

bitlrc wrote:
WithGrace23 wrote:
bitlrc wrote:

When did you apply?

my main purpose of the post was to keep your hopes up because with those numbers you should be solid...didn't want to spoil it by saying that i applied about a month and a half before you

Haha, well thanks for keeping my hopes up anyway. It's good to see people with similar numbers in with a scholarship.

I think a scholarship is probably out for me this late in the game, but I'm in-state, so full tuition wouldn't be so bad.

pertristis

Postby pertristis » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:57 pm

jlnoa0915 wrote:

From what I've seen Temple, Villanova, and Penn State all have slow turn around times. With your numbers and a good ps I would say you still have a shot (IMO). Your late app time may hurt you but I think you should still be optimistic.

Slow turn around is certainly correct. I went complete in early December(!), and haven't heard a word back. I'd consider just straight withdrawing, but I didn't receive a fee waiver; I am going to make them render a decision.

revrocksteady

Postby revrocksteady » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:26 pm

I went complete on 1/20 - not a peep from them since.

Temple is one of my top choices and I am on pins & needles waiting to hear back. The longer it's taking, the more nervous I am getting. :|

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:14 pm

revrocksteady wrote:I went complete on 1/20 - not a peep from them since.

Temple is one of my top choices and I am on pins & needles waiting to hear back. The longer it's taking, the more nervous I am getting. :|

Mine went complete on the same date. And my 161/3.1 is really borderline for accept/WL. Soooooo the anticipation is killing me. At first I wasn't sure about this school. But realizing the in-state tuition after a year moves it up quite a bit on my list. Good luck!

shavisimo2

Postby shavisimo2 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:54 pm

anyone want to help me decide. I have a full ride to Temple or a USC (haven't heard financials yet). Want to work for sports league or the NCAA or a Philly sports franchise. Any advice?

revrocksteady

Postby revrocksteady » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:24 am

snowpeach06 wrote:
revrocksteady wrote:I went complete on 1/20 - not a peep from them since.

Mine went complete on the same date. And my 161/3.1 is really borderline for accept/WL. Soooooo the anticipation is killing me. At first I wasn't sure about this school. But realizing the in-state tuition after a year moves it up quite a bit on my list. Good luck!

I understand how you feel! I am a 161, 3.3

manbearwig

Postby manbearwig » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Anyone mind PMing me the username/password for the admitted students section? I'm on spring break, and I forgot to take the info home with me.

Thanks.

GTLAWSCHOOL

Postby GTLAWSCHOOL » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:43 am

Just got home from Spring break, and was greeted with my acceptance packet with 15k a year very excited!!!

manbearwig

Postby manbearwig » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:02 am

manbearwig wrote:Anyone mind PMing me the username/password for the admitted students section? I'm on spring break, and I forgot to take the info home with me.

Thanks.

Got it, thanks.

bklyngreenlp

Postby bklyngreenlp » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:46 am

I'm curious if there are any NYC residents on TLS still considering Temple. I'm very fond of this school, but I ultimately want to practice in NYC, so I'm a bit hesitant.

KimmyGibbler

Postby KimmyGibbler » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:48 am

bklyngreenlp wrote:I'm curious if there are any NYC residents on TLS still considering Temple. I'm very fond of this school, but I ultimately want to practice in NYC, so I'm a bit hesitant.

Don't go to Temple if you are positive you want to be in NYC. Go to Cardozo or Brooklyn instead

existenz

Postby existenz » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:55 pm

In today via email. Applied because of the fee waiver. Withdrawing.

revrocksteady

Postby revrocksteady » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:04 pm

existenz wrote:In today via email. Applied because of the fee waiver. Withdrawing.

ugh - still no word from them on me and nothing new posted on my status checker since 1/20.

bitlrc

Postby bitlrc » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:36 am

withdrew last night. hopefully it does someone some good.

hushu

Postby hushu » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:19 am

complete since 2/8
haven't heard anything from them since
waiting in anxiety :x

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”