Temple 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LSATfromNC

Re: Temple 2010!

Postby LSATfromNC » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:51 pm

Got my packet, 12k a year :) A little to late now that I have my heart set on UNC I think.

changeitup

Postby changeitup » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:18 am

LSATfromNC wrote:Got my packet, 12k a year :) A little to late now that I have my heart set on UNC I think.

Do you by any chance know the date that you were accepted? Thanks! (I'm still waiting on my acceptance packet which is why I'm wondering)

LSATfromNC

Postby LSATfromNC » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:35 pm

changeitup wrote:
LSATfromNC wrote:Got my packet, 12k a year :) A little to late now that I have my heart set on UNC I think.

Do you by any chance know the date that you were accepted? Thanks! (I'm still waiting on my acceptance packet which is why I'm wondering)

I think it took about a week to get the packet.

dusk2k2

Postby dusk2k2 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:36 pm

Anyone know if Temple is prone to scholarship negotiation? I'm trying to get them to match another offer I have from another school.

KimmyGibbler

Postby KimmyGibbler » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:49 pm

dusk2k2 wrote:Anyone know if Temple is prone to scholarship negotiation? I'm trying to get them to match another offer I have from another school.

I've heard that they are from friends who go there now

mango26

Postby mango26 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:36 pm

received the acceptance packet in the mail today. 12k for the first year, non-renewable i believe. (3.3, 163, non-URM)
will be withdrawing sometime in the next week or two. it seems like a great school. i'm just doing my best to be somewhere warm. :)

SpaceDawg

Postby SpaceDawg » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:27 pm

Does anyone know when seat deposits are due and how much?

bklyngreenlp

Postby bklyngreenlp » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:31 pm

SpaceDawg wrote:Does anyone know when seat deposits are due and how much?

A seat deposit of $150 must be postmarked by April 15th (for those accepted prior to April 1st). The second deposit of $250 is due by June 15th.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:40 pm

To those who are going to withdraw, I just want to let you know that I really appreciate you doing it so early. I'm waitlisted at Temple, and they're my absolute #1 school, so any spots that open up help my chances.

TLDR: Withdraws = I love you.

SpaceDawg

Postby SpaceDawg » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:44 pm

bklyngreenlp wrote:

A seat deposit of $150 must be postmarked by April 15th (for those accepted prior to April 1st). The second deposit of $250 is due by June 15th.

Thanks!

bklyngreenlp

Postby bklyngreenlp » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:17 pm

SpaceDawg wrote:
bklyngreenlp wrote:

Thanks!

I was confirming my visit with them, so I had the folder at my desk. I’m really looking forward to attending a class and speaking with current students. I’m not crazy about staying in PA, so I need to get a better feel for Philadelphia and if I can envision living there well after completing law school. I’m much more of a NYC person, but the cost of Temple is very appealing. I have a few friends in the area and I’m meeting with them, too, to gain their impressions of the city. I’ve only been to Philly once and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed being there.

Also, their Admissions Office has been incredibly helpful and prompt in all of my interactions with them. So, they’ve moved up on my short list of schools. I’ve dealt with a few institutions this cycle (to which I’ve been admitted) who have been extremely rude. I’m really not interested in writing a ~$40,000/yr check to a school who cannot take the time to answer an admitted student’s legitimate questions. Temple, on the other hand, has been amazing and their in-state tuition is a bargain.

manbearwig

Postby manbearwig » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:12 pm

bklyngreenlp wrote:I was confirming my visit with them, so I had the folder at my desk. I’m really looking forward to attending a class and speaking with current students. I’m not crazy about staying in PA, so I need to get a better feel for Philadelphia and if I can envision living there well after completing law school. I’m much more of a NYC person, but the cost of Temple is very appealing. I have a few friends in the area and I’m meeting with them, too, to gain their impressions of the city. I’ve only been to Philly once and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed being there.

Also, their Admissions Office has been incredibly helpful and prompt in all of my interactions with them. So, they’ve moved up on my short list of schools. I’ve dealt with a few institutions this cycle (to which I’ve been admitted) who have been extremely rude. I’m really not interested in writing a ~$40,000/yr check to a school who cannot take the time to answer an admitted student’s legitimate questions. Temple, on the other hand, has been amazing and their in-state tuition is a bargain.

I've grown up in the area, and I love Philly. One of my favorite cities. While NYC is incredible and one-of-a-kind, it seems much more impersonal to me compared to Philly. Philly has that sense of belonging, of neighborhoods.

I just visited/toured this past Friday, and I was surprised and pleased at how much of a campus feel Temple has. When you're in the middle of the main campus, it doesn't feel or look like you're in the middle of North Philly.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:22 pm

Where ya from Manbearwig? I'm from the general Philly area too, and although I'm WLed.. if I get off I'll be there next year with you (you're definitely attending right?)

manbearwig

Postby manbearwig » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:47 pm

beach_terror wrote:Where ya from Manbearwig? I'm from the general Philly area too, and although I'm WLed.. if I get off I'll be there next year with you (you're definitely attending right?)

I'm northeast of Philly, in the burbs. And, yup, I'm definitely going. :D Got my hoodie and everything.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:59 pm

Ah nice man, I'm outside West Philly. When I go downtown, I drive past the high school they shot the opening to the Fresh Prince, the "and shooting some bball outside of the school".

I hope I get in, I'm foaming out the mouth waiting to hear. I got into Villanova though, so I'm not totally dependent on this decision I guess. Do they sell Temple Law hoodies, or just the ones that say Temple?

millieb

Postby millieb » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:09 pm

bklyngreenlp wrote:
SpaceDawg wrote:
bklyngreenlp wrote:

Thanks!

I was confirming my visit with them, so I had the folder at my desk. I’m really looking forward to attending a class and speaking with current students. I’m not crazy about staying in PA, so I need to get a better feel for Philadelphia and if I can envision living there well after completing law school. I’m much more of a NYC person, but the cost of Temple is very appealing. I have a few friends in the area and I’m meeting with them, too, to gain their impressions of the city. I’ve only been to Philly once and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed being there.

I'm actually getting the opposite reaction from them. I have emailed them a couple times with legitimate questions as an admitted student and am getting nothing but silence from them. This is a little discouraging especially considering I've already booked a flight out there to visit them and Villanova and I can't even get a tour set up! Have you been in touch with them through email or by calling?

manbearwig

Postby manbearwig » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:14 pm

beach_terror wrote:Ah nice man, I'm outside West Philly. When I go downtown, I drive past the high school they shot the opening to the Fresh Prince, the "and shooting some bball outside of the school".

I hope I get in, I'm foaming out the mouth waiting to hear. I got into Villanova though, so I'm not totally dependent on this decision I guess. Do they sell Temple Law hoodies, or just the ones that say Temple?

(First, I'm a girl. Lol, I know my username doesn't help with that.)

They have Temple Law hoodies. : ) And Law shirts, shorts, and other stuff.

lawlife2010

Postby lawlife2010 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:54 pm

I've been "complete" since 2/4. I thought this was one of the schools that I would have an easier time getting into so I'm sort of worried.

truefuture09

Postby truefuture09 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:07 pm

I BEEN COMPLETE SINCE 1/19 I MET WITH THE ASSISTANT DIRECTOR WHEN I VISITED & CALLED HER TODAY. SHE SAYS SHE TOOK IT TO THE DIRECTOR FOR SECOND REVIEW.IS THIS A GOOD THING??

jlnoa0915

Postby jlnoa0915 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:10 pm

lawlife2010 wrote:I've been "complete" since 2/4. I thought this was one of the schools that I would have an easier time getting into so I'm sort of worried.

I was complete for about a month and a week or so before I got my acceptance. Temple's admin process seems to take a little longer than avg. I would try not to worry too much.

SpaceDawg

Postby SpaceDawg » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:12 pm

Also, their Admissions Office has been incredibly helpful and prompt in all of my interactions with them. So, they’ve moved up on my short list of schools. I’ve dealt with a few institutions this cycle (to which I’ve been admitted) who have been extremely rude. I’m really not interested in writing a ~$40,000/yr check to a school who cannot take the time to answer an admitted student’s legitimate questions. Temple, on the other hand, has been amazing and their in-state tuition is a bargain.[/quote]

If you live in and like Brooklyn, I think you'll like Philly. I've lived in NYC (Manhattan and Astoria) and Philly for about 3 years each. Philly is such a livable city and it's easy to get around. And the food is excellent! My husband was born and raised in NYC and most certainly a New Yorker but he really likes Philly and doesn't mind relocating here permanently if needed. Also, there are a ton of ex-Brooklynites here. Philly is not as sophisticated as NYC but charming in its own ways. Find the right spots and the right people and I think you'll be happy.

Lighthouse28

Postby Lighthouse28 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:54 pm

So here's the deal with my app. The first time I was complete was sometime in November, I can't remember the exact date. Then I went complete for a second time on 2/1. I'm one of those crazy people who checks her status everyday, and on 2/18 I went into "In review." But then on 2/19 it went back to showing "complete 2/1." What is up with that??????

UGHilbert

Postby UGHilbert » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:06 pm

Above post is crazy. I was complete from 1/27 until 2/23 when I became.... complete again, but with an updated date. Hopefully this means there's some action in the near future.

truefuture09

Postby truefuture09 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:53 pm

HAVING MY FIGURES CROSSED FOR ALL OF US! LOL. MY STATUS BEEN THE SAME SINCE 1/19

keemos

Postby keemos » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:58 pm

Got my acceptance packet yesterday with 14,000/year. Probably my top choice if I get in nowhere else. Good luck to all

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”