BC Law 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Burger in a can

Silver
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:33 pm

tesoro wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:
tesoro wrote:Housemate said a small letter arrived to my house (DC area) from BC. Assuming a hold/WL. 3.52/165 - likely withdrawing.

Good luck-


This is the only place on earth where people gather to gripe about anticipated holds/waitlists.

Are you serious? YOU HAVENT GOTTEN YOUR DECISION YET! If you were so convinced that you were going to get a hold or waitlist you wouldn't have applied. At least calm down and wait until you see the letter before commiserating over a hypothetical imminent hold/WL... (obviously this is directed to the people griping who criticize other people for griping).

:D


Hah Burger I'm not griping! An earlier poster mentioned big envelope = acceptance, and I'm content/really effing excited with/for Fordham :). BC was for lack of a better word- a safety (not by the numbers!) in case for some reason I lose my job and then decide to go to a full-time program.


I know- I'm just yankin' your chain, Tesoro. :)

krispykitten

Bronze
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby krispykitten » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:36 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
krispykitten wrote:IN!!! 169/3.48


YES!!!! :) Congrats!


Thanks Burger!!!! Now I have the oh-so-awful chore of trying to decide where to go! I'm in at 2 sets of sister/twinner schools: BU & BC and W&M and W&L (and going to wait on Cornell) but I guess in the mean time I can try and pick one of those. No idea how to do that. /bragging to make self feel better about stupid Cornell deferral today.

goodolgil

Silver
Posts: 917
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby goodolgil » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:41 pm

Anyone in NYC get their letter yet? I'm hoping to come home from work to a nice acceptance letter (Cornell and BC in one day would be a nice 1-2 punch).

Burger in a can

Silver
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:43 pm

krispykitten wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:
krispykitten wrote:IN!!! 169/3.48


YES!!!! :) Congrats!


Thanks Burger!!!! Now I have the oh-so-awful chore of trying to decide where to go! I'm in at 2 sets of sister/twinner schools: BU & BC and W&M and W&L (and going to wait on Cornell) but I guess in the mean time I can try and pick one of those. No idea how to do that. /bragging to make self feel better about stupid Cornell deferral today.


Um, everyone knows that 2 sets of sister/twinner schools PWNS Cornell any day of the week!!! That's like having two of a kind vs. like, 1 Queen...ok I don't know anything at all about poker but I think that sort of sounded convincing???

krispykitten

Bronze
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby krispykitten » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:44 pm

goodolgil wrote:Anyone in NYC get their letter yet? I'm hoping to come home from work to a nice acceptance letter (Cornell and BC in one day would be a nice 1-2 punch).


Well, if BC doesn't pull through, I'd be happy to punch you instead :P

krispykitten

Bronze
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby krispykitten » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:45 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
krispykitten wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:
krispykitten wrote:IN!!! 169/3.48


YES!!!! :) Congrats!


Thanks Burger!!!! Now I have the oh-so-awful chore of trying to decide where to go! I'm in at 2 sets of sister/twinner schools: BU & BC and W&M and W&L (and going to wait on Cornell) but I guess in the mean time I can try and pick one of those. No idea how to do that. /bragging to make self feel better about stupid Cornell deferral today.


Um, everyone knows that 2 sets of sister/twinner schools PWNS Cornell any day of the week!!! That's like having two of a kind vs. like, 1 Queen...ok I don't know anything at all about poker but I think that sort of sounded convincing???


Hahahahhaa, seriously, I have 2 pair instead of an Ace. Win :D

dakatz

Gold
Posts: 2422
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby dakatz » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:46 pm

To those who got in: First off, congrats, and was there any mention of scholarship in the admissions letter?

LiveFree

New
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:14 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby LiveFree » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:54 pm

How big is the acceptance packet???? Mail-box size?

krispykitten

Bronze
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby krispykitten » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:03 pm

aschleic wrote:How big is the acceptance packet???? Mail-box size?


Pretty big. It has a magazine-size viewbook inside to give you an idea.

tfc7x

New
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tfc7x » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:06 pm

Anyone not get in? I'm assuming they're sending rejection letters as well, right?

goodolgil

Silver
Posts: 917
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby goodolgil » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:07 pm

ah, didn't realize my post was right below your deferral post. I wouldn't get too down about that, it seems like last year much of their class was made up of EA deferrals. It makes sense based on the quality of applicants they've been deferring.

killuminati

Bronze
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby killuminati » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:08 pm

Man a bunch of BC 3L's don't have jobs and my best friends fiance from BC is unemployed...even my 3L Columbia students don't have jobs yet at firms for the summer...wth...Obama better turn this ship around...

mchrop10

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby mchrop10 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:09 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:
krispykitten wrote:IN!!! 169/3.48


Congratulations, krispy! :D

See. Today wasn't all bad. (Besides, I work at a school and can't board the USS Alcoholism until tonight)


lol. I'll be jumping on board after I get mail fail letter from BC today and my last exam tomorrow.

goodolgil

Silver
Posts: 917
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby goodolgil » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:10 pm

killuminati wrote:Man a bunch of BC 3L's don't have jobs and my best friends fiance from BC is unemployed...even my 3L Columbia students don't have jobs yet at firms for the summer...wth...Obama better turn this ship around...


Are you a law professor?
Last edited by goodolgil on Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burger in a can

Silver
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:10 pm

killuminati wrote:Man a bunch of BC 3L's don't have jobs and my best friends fiance from BC is unemployed...even my 3L Columbia students don't have jobs yet at firms for the summer...wth...Obama better turn this ship around...


Is this Buzzkilluminati?

krispykitten

Bronze
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby krispykitten » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:11 pm

goodolgil wrote:ah, didn't realize my post was right below your deferral post. I wouldn't get too down about that, it seems like last year much of their class was made up of EA deferrals. It makes sense based on the quality of applicants they've been deferring.


It's totally ok :) Seriously, congratulations on Cornell and I'm sure BC-- you deserve it and it was just too good of an opening to pass up :P

killuminati

Bronze
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby killuminati » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:13 pm

goodolgil wrote:
killuminati wrote:Man a bunch of BC 3L's don't have jobs and my best friends fiance from BC is unemployed...even my 3L Columbia students don't have jobs yet at firms for the summer...wth...Obama better turn this ship around...


Are you a law professor?



What? no I'm an applicant like everybody else, I have a lot of friends in law school...and friends in general. This is the information I got last night from a friend of mine, he advised me that if I get money from BC to just go there because DEBT IS HUGE. He is paying sticker at Columbia as well as a few of my other friends and his fiance graduated from BC last year but is unemployed as of now. It's a really tough market, I suggest you do research and talk to current 3L students. Look no need to be a dbag about it, I was just putting in my 2 cents from actual 3L students at elite schools as well as BC.

krispykitten

Bronze
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby krispykitten » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:15 pm

killuminati wrote:
goodolgil wrote:
killuminati wrote:Man a bunch of BC 3L's don't have jobs and my best friends fiance from BC is unemployed...even my 3L Columbia students don't have jobs yet at firms for the summer...wth...Obama better turn this ship around...


Are you a law professor?



What? no I'm an applicant like everybody else, I have a lot of friends in law school...and friends in general. This is the information I got last night from a friend of mine, he advised me that if I get money from BC to just go there because DEBT IS HUGE. He is paying sticker at Columbia as well as a few of my other friends and his fiance graduated from BC last year but is unemployed as of now. It's a really tough market, I suggest you do research and talk to current 3L students. Look no need to be a dbag about it, I was just putting in my 2 cents from actual 3L students at elite schools as well as BC.


Yeah, that's what has me concerned. The acceptances from BC and BU are nice and all, but without scholarships, I'm not seeing how I could justify going there instead of W&M or W&L where I have money and/or the COL is so much lower.

killuminati

Bronze
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby killuminati » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:16 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
killuminati wrote:Man a bunch of BC 3L's don't have jobs and my best friends fiance from BC is unemployed...even my 3L Columbia students don't have jobs yet at firms for the summer...wth...Obama better turn this ship around...


Is this Buzzkilluminati?



haha not buzz Burger. I'm really contemplating applying to lower ranked schools and trying to get a scholarship. A lot of the students think it will eventually get better like by the time class of 2013 graduates, but right now it's a tough market and he thinks I should go for the scholarships. Anyways just sharing information I thought would be useful and I am in no way bashing BC just stating what is the current situation for 3L's at BC and Columbia I DO NOT KNOW ABOUT OTHER SCHOOLS. Just go on a thread and ask current students, REAL students and they will all tell you the same thing...the legal market is F'd up right now.

dakatz

Gold
Posts: 2422
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby dakatz » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:26 pm

IN!! Pretty psyched up about it. Was starting to get a bit nervous over that dumb decision date theory, even though I told myself I shouldn't think about that. 167, 3.5x URM, wrote a Why BC statement and went in for a visit a few weeks ago. The letter makes it sound like scholarship offers come later.

tram988

Silver
Posts: 1160
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:28 pm

ACCEPTED!!!! my #1 choice!!!! 163/3.96!!!

User avatar
NancyBotwin

Silver
Posts: 1084
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:29 pm

Congrats guys! I wish I'd applied in time for EA. Missed it by 5 days. Ugh.

User avatar
Veritas

Gold
Posts: 2695
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Veritas » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:29 pm

tram988 wrote:ACCEPTED!!!! my #1 choice!!!! 163/3.96!!!

CONGRATS!!! :D :D :D

tram988

Silver
Posts: 1160
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:33 pm

Veritas wrote:
tram988 wrote:ACCEPTED!!!! my #1 choice!!!! 163/3.96!!!

CONGRATS!!! :D :D :D

I love you man!! I cant believe this. This was a semi-reach for me!

User avatar
Veritas

Gold
Posts: 2695
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Veritas » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:35 pm

tram988 wrote:
Veritas wrote:
tram988 wrote:ACCEPTED!!!! my #1 choice!!!! 163/3.96!!!

CONGRATS!!! :D :D :D

I love you man!! I cant believe this. This was a semi-reach for me!

<3 I'm so happy for you!

oooo maybe we'll be classmates!!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], pinpindom and 5 guests