BC Law 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
krispykitten
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby krispykitten » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:52 am

badwithpseudonyms wrote:Between this and the Cornell thread I'd might as well start hanging out aboard the USS Bitter Pessimism. There seems to be no good news coming out today and my glass is looking less than half full.


Srsly. More like USS Alcoholism

kman999
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:01 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby kman999 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:04 am

Hey folks, fellow 12/07'er here....Hoping a potential envelope today...so why would BC post that they don't "hold" accounts and then do this to tons of applicants

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby rockthelaw » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:08 am

kman999 wrote:Hey folks, fellow 12/07'er here....Hoping a potential envelope today...so why would BC post that they don't "hold" accounts and then do this to tons of applicants


Where did BC post that they don't "hold" applications?

User avatar
GobiasIndustries
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby GobiasIndustries » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:01 pm

kman999 wrote:Hey folks, fellow 12/07'er here....Hoping a potential envelope today...so why would BC post that they don't "hold" accounts and then do this to tons of applicants


I think we covered this a few pages back; BC says "If your application is denied, it is a final decision and will not be returned to the applicant pool." We managed to arrive at the conclusion that this just means if you get denied, tough luck.

I think this is causing a lot of confusion because no one was ever under the impression that a rejection was anything BUT a final decision, so people started assuming that the "returned to the applicant pool" meant that they would not defer you, only reject/WL you (myself included).

It is confusing.

kman999
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:01 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby kman999 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:01 pm

I guess that was just the vibe I was getting from this and other sites...


Should have read closer, that they state those whose application is denied will not be re-evaluated. Well lets hope something comes in today. Any Chicagoans waiting on a letter?

User avatar
GobiasIndustries
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby GobiasIndustries » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:14 pm

Anyone get some news yet? Someone posted about their acceptance in the BU thread...but haven't heard anything else. I won't have any valuable info until later this afternoon.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:15 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:Anyone get some news yet? Someone posted about their acceptance in the BU thread...but haven't heard anything else. I won't have any valuable info until later this afternoon.


This has got to be worse than when you were waiting for the Blue Man Group to call...

User avatar
miche1esim
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:30 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby miche1esim » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:16 pm

just got in! 163/ 3.68

Elysium09
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:19 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Elysium09 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:18 pm

In Chicago waiting. I was a 12/10 decision pending...

User avatar
GobiasIndustries
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby GobiasIndustries » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:21 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
GobiasIndustries wrote:Anyone get some news yet? Someone posted about their acceptance in the BU thread...but haven't heard anything else. I won't have any valuable info until later this afternoon.


This has got to be worse than when you were waiting for the Blue Man Group to call...


I know, I even blue myself and everything.

miche1esim wrote:just got in! 163/ 3.68


CONGRATS!! You're practically my numbers twin so I hope I can say the same thing later today :)

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby chrisokc » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:21 pm

miche1esim wrote:just got in! 163/ 3.68

Seems like maybe they're liking 3.5+ GPA...

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby JOThompson » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:24 pm

miche1esim wrote:just got in! 163/ 3.68

Congratulations on the acceptance

smiley
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby smiley » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:29 pm

miche1esim wrote:just got in! 163/ 3.68


yayyy! maybe there's hope for us low lsaters! congrats!!

tesoro
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tesoro » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:03 pm

Housemate said a small letter arrived to my house (DC area) from BC. Assuming a hold/WL. 3.52/165 - likely withdrawing.

Good luck-

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:08 pm

tesoro wrote:Housemate said a small letter arrived to my house (DC area) from BC. Assuming a hold/WL. 3.52/165 - likely withdrawing.

Good luck-


This is the only place on earth where people gather to gripe about anticipated holds/waitlists.

Are you serious? YOU HAVENT GOTTEN YOUR DECISION YET! If you were so convinced that you were going to get a hold or waitlist you wouldn't have applied. At least calm down and wait until you see the letter before commiserating over a hypothetical imminent hold/WL... (obviously this is directed to the people griping who criticize other people for griping).

:D

killuminati
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby killuminati » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:17 pm

Man all the positive vibes I tried to send to BC yesterday has turned into gloom and doom on this thread. Here's one that still believes!

tesoro
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tesoro » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:18 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
tesoro wrote:Housemate said a small letter arrived to my house (DC area) from BC. Assuming a hold/WL. 3.52/165 - likely withdrawing.

Good luck-


This is the only place on earth where people gather to gripe about anticipated holds/waitlists.

Are you serious? YOU HAVENT GOTTEN YOUR DECISION YET! If you were so convinced that you were going to get a hold or waitlist you wouldn't have applied. At least calm down and wait until you see the letter before commiserating over a hypothetical imminent hold/WL... (obviously this is directed to the people griping who criticize other people for griping).

:D


Hah Burger I'm not griping! An earlier poster mentioned big envelope = acceptance, and I'm content/really effing excited with/for Fordham :). BC was for lack of a better word- a safety (not by the numbers!) in case for some reason I lose my job and then decide to go to a full-time program.

smiley
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby smiley » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:20 pm

killuminati wrote:Man all the positive vibes I tried to send to BC yesterday has turned into gloom and doom on this thread. Here's one that still believes!


i still freakin believe. come on people, faith!

krispykitten
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby krispykitten » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:22 pm

IN!!! 169/3.48

User avatar
GobiasIndustries
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby GobiasIndustries » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:25 pm

krispykitten wrote:IN!!! 169/3.48


Congrats!!!

2 more on LSN, it seems:

168/3.6
173.3.82

krispykitten
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby krispykitten » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:28 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:
krispykitten wrote:IN!!! 169/3.48


Congrats!!!

2 more on LSN, it seems:

168/3.6
173.3.82


Oh, duh, forgot to update. Sorry about that.

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:30 pm

krispykitten wrote:IN!!! 169/3.48


Congratulations, krispy! :D

See. Today wasn't all bad. (Besides, I work at a school and can't board the USS Alcoholism until tonight)

killuminati
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby killuminati » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:31 pm

Congratulations everyone...dude I just checked my U Penn. Status Checker...dinged via status checker lol. I knew I wouldn't get in but still...bummer.

krispykitten
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby krispykitten » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:31 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:
krispykitten wrote:IN!!! 169/3.48


Congratulations, krispy! :D

See. Today wasn't all bad. (Besides, I work at a school and can't board the USS Alcoholism until tonight)


Hahahaha, thanks. I have a crappy retail job right now (and am off today) so I do what I want!! (Which is drink hot chocolate and wonder how the hell one writes a LOCI)

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:32 pm

krispykitten wrote:IN!!! 169/3.48


YES!!!! :) Congrats!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”