BC Law 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Clair1331
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Clair1331 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Address in NYC, no letter today.

User avatar
cunni1775
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:06 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby cunni1775 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:35 pm

Sorry to burst the 12/7 theory bubble, but I was a 12/7er and got put on hold.

killuminati
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby killuminati » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:36 pm

Katerina wrote:
chrisokc wrote:I have a feeling that the 12/7s are the group that BC feels will be the most physically attractive.


I dig it.


+1

joshlyman
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby joshlyman » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:43 pm

damnit what does 12/6 mean. it was a reach so im probably toast.

killuminati
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby killuminati » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:19 pm

cunni1775 wrote:Sorry to burst the 12/7 theory bubble, but I was a 12/7er and got put on hold.



On hold...for? Another LSAT score? How'd you find out about it...mail, e-mail?

acecrusher06
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby acecrusher06 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:21 pm

i am hold too...12/7

no lsat retake

killuminati
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby killuminati » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:22 pm

wait they're holding your app? Or you're deferred to regular admissions cycle?

killuminati
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby killuminati » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:23 pm

hmm i'm 12/7...so far there's been holds and acceptances from our group...any rejections?

killuminati
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby killuminati » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:26 pm

cunni and ace where are you guys located? I'm here in CA...did it come by mail?

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:26 pm

You know, theres always just the possibility that the date means that that was the day they made their decision. Or that thats the day they entered in your decision. Hell, maybe its even by alphabet.

As BC has a firm 12/15 date and all those numbers are grouped right before it...I wouldn't place money on the date of completion indicating any particular type of decision.

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:27 pm

killuminati wrote:wait they're holding your app? Or you're deferred to regular admissions cycle?


Thats what hold means. Its not like holding it hostage.

User avatar
Kiersten1985
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Kiersten1985 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:29 pm

Pearalegal wrote:You know, theres always just the possibility that the date means that that was the day they made their decision. Or that thats the day they entered in your decision. Hell, maybe its even by alphabet.

As BC has a firm 12/15 date and all those numbers are grouped right before it...I wouldn't place money on the date of completion indicating any particular type of decision.


+1, yeah it's definitely just the date they stopped looking at your file.

acecrusher06
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby acecrusher06 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:31 pm

what does hold mean?

is it usually a good sign?

killuminati
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby killuminati » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:32 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
killuminati wrote:wait they're holding your app? Or you're deferred to regular admissions cycle?


Thats what hold means. Its not like holding it hostage.


I was asking that because my friends apps have been placed on "hold" until their December scores are released, which is different from being deferred to the regular admissions cycle in February. That's why I asked the question, no need to be sarcastic.

killuminati
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby killuminati » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:33 pm

acecrusher06 wrote:what does hold mean?

is it usually a good sign?


It depends on the school, if by "hold" BC is referring to you being deferred to the regular admissions cycle it means they'll take another look at you. You should send in any additional information such as awards, jobs, accomplishments, community service, etc. in order to boost your chances, you can also write an LOCI and a Why BC letter. Good luck, sorry my prediction was off, I was just having fun.

User avatar
chipotlaw
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby chipotlaw » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:34 pm

what does this mean?

Current Status: Your application has been completed.
Current Status Date: 12/4/2009
Decision Status: Pending Decision
Decision Status Date: 11/26/2009

killuminati
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby killuminati » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:35 pm

They haven't made a decision or they haven't gotten to you yet, because right before my status changed and it was mailed the pending decision changed to 12/7/09.

acecrusher06
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby acecrusher06 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:39 pm

is hold the same thing as wait listed?

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Veritas » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:40 pm

acecrusher06 wrote:is hold the same thing as wait listed?

no, it's like being deferred to the Regular pool.

WL means they are done with you unless they need you. Hold means they will for sure look at you again.

acecrusher06
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby acecrusher06 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:42 pm

so hold is better than wait listed?

killuminati
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby killuminati » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:43 pm

Veritas wrote:
acecrusher06 wrote:is hold the same thing as wait listed?

no, it's like being deferred to the Regular pool.

WL means they are done with you unless they need you. Hold means they will for sure look at you again.


nice, just like Cornell for us buddy.

killuminati
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby killuminati » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:44 pm

acecrusher06 wrote:so hold is better than wait listed?


I think so, I would love for them to take a second look at my app if I was placed on hold. I was deferred at Cornell so I will be sending them some extra stuff and recent accomplishments.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby puppleberry finn » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:39 pm

wtf. held? seriously?

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby dakatz » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:42 pm

puppins wrote:wtf. held? seriously?


Sorry to hear it. Again, at the very least, your application will be looked at again from scratch so you have time to add in a LOCI or a new rec to beef it up even more in the meantime. Mind sharing what date your decision is listed as in the status checker, or your stats?

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby puppleberry finn » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:46 pm

dakatz wrote:
puppins wrote:wtf. held? seriously?


Sorry to hear it. Again, at the very least, your application will be looked at again from scratch so you have time to add in a LOCI or a new rec to beef it up even more in the meantime. Mind sharing what date your decision is listed as in the status checker, or your stats?


I will probably not do anything to try and get in off of hold. my decision date was 12/9, my stats are way above median.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: champagnepapi, emirleee, Houzy, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 19 guests