BC Law 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
GobiasIndustries

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby GobiasIndustries » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:11 pm

According to my USPS stalking, I should have it tomorrow! If any Boston people get theirs today, don't forget to give us all the wonderful details, since I heard that everyone who applied EA gets in. For sure. Get excited (Pear's peeves aside)!

amassa

Postby amassa » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:45 pm

I just got my letter. I was put on hold. Final decision before 02/26. Although my LSAT is below their median, I was hoping my softs, ps, and GPA would push me over the finishing line. I guess it doesn't work that way. I retook the Dec LSAT. Hope for a better score and a better chance during the regular application pool.

My best wishes to everyone else on this forum waiting on their news. I'm sure there will plenty of good news to come today.

chrisokc

Postby chrisokc » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:46 pm

amassa wrote:I just got my letter. I was put on hold. Final decision before 02/26. Although my LSAT is below their median, I was hoping my softs, ps, and GPA would push me over the finishing line. I guess it doesn't work that way. I retook the Dec LSAT. Hope for a better score and a better chance during the regular application pool.

My best wishes to everyone else on this forum waiting on their news. I'm sure there will plenty of good news to come today.

Mind giving your numbers?

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:48 pm

chrisokc wrote:
amassa wrote:I just got my letter. I was put on hold. Final decision before 02/26. Although my LSAT is below their median, I was hoping my softs, ps, and GPA would push me over the finishing line. I guess it doesn't work that way. I retook the Dec LSAT. Hope for a better score and a better chance during the regular application pool.

And where are you located that you got your letter so fast?

mchrop10

Postby mchrop10 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:50 pm

dakatz wrote:
chrisokc wrote:

And where are you located that you got your letter so fast?

Also, I thought for EA applicants they are either accepted or denied? I didn't think they would hold/waitlist EA applicants...

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:52 pm

The hold might just be due to the December retake.

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:54 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote: Get excited (Pear's peeves aside)!

Haha, no no no.

I looooove BC, though after the above I'm worried I'll be put on hold until my December retake.

I just had two frustrating conversations with the admissions office yesterday. I know they were probably stressed, but I was trying to find out legit questions.

GobiasIndustries

Postby GobiasIndustries » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:56 pm

Veritas wrote:The hold might just be due to the December retake.

That's probably it, since it's an outstanding piece of info they'll want to consider. No worries, amassa, I'm sure your Dec LSAT will come back great! Thanks for letting us know what you got.

smiley

Postby smiley » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:31 pm

hold?? hold?? what do they mean hold? i was counting on this decision (one way or another) before xmas. i have to make a very important life decision (law school now or job) by the beginning of feb, and the line was going to be if i get into bc i can wait out the cycle, and if i don't, i'll have to take the other job. but now if they don't tell me . . . ahhhhh.

TheGracchus

Postby TheGracchus » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:32 pm

mchrop10 wrote:Also, I thought for EA applicants they are either accepted or denied? I didn't think they would hold/waitlist EA applicants...

I called them about this in October. It's different from EA in that it's just early notification. They do everything they do for regular applications, just earlier.

chrisokc

Postby chrisokc » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:34 pm

smiley wrote:hold?? hold?? what do they mean hold? i was counting on this decision (one way or another) before xmas. i have to make a very important life decision (law school now or job) by the beginning of feb, and the line was going to be if i get into bc i can wait out the cycle, and if i don't, i'll have to take the other job. but now if they don't tell me . . . ahhhhh.

Numbers??

GobiasIndustries

Postby GobiasIndustries » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:45 pm

TheGracchus wrote:
mchrop10 wrote:Also, I thought for EA applicants they are either accepted or denied? I didn't think they would hold/waitlist EA applicants...

I called them about this in October. It's different from EA in that it's just early notification. They do everything they do for regular applications, just earlier.

Did they say that they would defer people to the RD pool, though? My understanding is that that's the only decision that they won't make. So you can get A/WL/R, or possibly put on hold, which I assume is tied to outstanding application info (like amassa's Dec LSAT). It would make sense to me that that just means they want to see this info before they make your decision; it's not a deferral.

But I could be wrong. Just wondering if they mentioned anything on that when you spoke with them.

chrisokc

Postby chrisokc » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:51 pm

Nothing in the mail in Oklahoma.

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:52 pm

From their website:

We have a non-binding early notification program. If you submit your application by November 1 and it is completed by November 23, your decision will be mailed on December 15. If your application is denied, it is a final decision and will not be returned to the applicant pool. You have until mid-April to decide whether to accept an offer of admission.

I think that maybe some people (including myself, to be honest) took this to mean that they don't defer/waitlist for EA, but I think all it means is that they do send out rejections to EA applicants.

GobiasIndustries

Postby GobiasIndustries » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:55 pm

Burger in a can wrote:From their website:

We have a non-binding early notification program. If you submit your application by November 1 and it is completed by November 23, your decision will be mailed on December 15. If your application is denied, it is a final decision and will not be returned to the applicant pool. You have until mid-April to decide whether to accept an offer of admission.

I think that maybe some people (including myself, to be honest) took this to mean that they don't defer/waitlist for EA, but I think all it means is that they do send out rejections to EA applicants.

That's a good point; I never considered that rejections and deferrals weren't mututally exclusive. I think I need to just chill until the mail gets here (hopefully tomorrow). As people receive their decisions we'll obviously have a better sense of what BC is up to.

chrisokc

Postby chrisokc » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:57 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:From their website:

That's a good point; I never considered that rejections and deferrals weren't mututally exclusive. I think I need to just chill until the mail gets here (hopefully tomorrow). As people receive their decisions we'll obviously have a better sense of what BC is up to.

Looks like nothing has changed on LSN.

mikcou

Postby mikcou » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:57 pm

I retook in December as well. Also just received my letter saying that I was on hold as well.

I live just outside of Boston, so mail doesnt take long to get here.

tram988

Postby tram988 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:03 pm

mikcou wrote:

I retook in December as well. Also just received my letter saying that I was on hold as well.

Did you take the dec LSAT? what are your stats?

mikcou

Postby mikcou » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:09 pm

tram988 wrote:
mikcou wrote:

Did you take the dec LSAT? what are your stats?

Yes i took the dec LSAT. 3.5/164

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:11 pm

Wow! It's getting tense in here! Good luck everybody!!!

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:11 pm

Am I right in being negative?

Does BC have a big GPA whorishness like BU?

My GPA is below their 25th by a bit, but my LSAT is above it.

Goddammit, I want Friday to get here.

smiley

Postby smiley » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:12 pm

chrisokc wrote:
smiley wrote:hold?? hold?? what do they mean hold? i was counting on this decision (one way or another) before xmas. i have to make a very important life decision (law school now or job) by the beginning of feb, and the line was going to be if i get into bc i can wait out the cycle, and if i don't, i'll have to take the other job. but now if they don't tell me . . . ahhhhh.

Numbers??

i haven't gotten my letter yet, i was just panicking about the possibility of a hold.

ndb259

Postby ndb259 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:13 pm

EA 3.3/167

On hold

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:15 pm

omg if we are all on hold I'm gonna be disgruntled.

LiveFree

Postby LiveFree » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:15 pm

3.5 GPA, 163 LSAT (captain of the soccer team) - hoping that's enough to push me in! C'mon BC!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”