BC Law 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby JOThompson » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:50 pm

Good luck, everyone. Also, I hope you hear back soon, A Burger

vsg211
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby vsg211 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:51 pm

anyone know if they'll be sending it to our permanent or present address?

User avatar
jc631
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:02 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby jc631 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:52 pm

permanent

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby JOThompson » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:53 pm

jc631 wrote:permanent

Thanks for the heads up, now I know which box to check. My permanent one is way closer.

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby chrisokc » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:56 pm

Now I have this:

Current Status: Your application has been completed.
Current Status Date: 10/5/2009
Decision Status: Pending Decision-mailed only
Decision Status Date: 12/7/2009

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Burger in a can » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:56 pm

JOThompson wrote:Good luck, everyone. Also, I hope you hear back soon, A Burger


Thanks, A JOThompson! :D

DCLawGW
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:04 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby DCLawGW » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:57 pm

Where does it say that it's sent to our permanent address?

User avatar
brose002
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby brose002 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:57 pm

mine just changed also

User avatar
GobiasIndustries
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby GobiasIndustries » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:59 pm

chrisokc wrote:Now I have this:

Current Status: Your application has been completed.
Current Status Date: 10/5/2009
Decision Status: Pending Decision-mailed only
Decision Status Date: 12/7/2009


Mine says the same. Here goes....

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Burger in a can » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:00 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:
chrisokc wrote:Now I have this:

Current Status: Your application has been completed.
Current Status Date: 10/5/2009
Decision Status: Pending Decision-mailed only
Decision Status Date: 12/7/2009


Mine says the same. Here goes....


Oh man! This is super exciting! It feels like the top of a roller coaster! (even though I'm just watching)

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:01 pm

The envelope containing my fate has been sealed.

"Pending decision - mailed only"

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:01 pm

All of this makes me very sad that I apparently missed the EA submission deadline by 5 days. Was still complete in time, just not submitted in time. :(

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby utcris410 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:03 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:The envelope containing my fate has been sealed.

"Pending decision - mailed only"

+1 - glad that there will be decisions soon! :D good luck everyone!

tfc7x
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tfc7x » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:04 pm

Term: Fall Year: 2010
Program Time: Full Time Degree: JD

Current Status: Your application has been completed.
Current Status Date: 10/28/2009
Decision Status: Pending Decision-mailed only
Decision Status Date: 12/10/2009

Bring it, BC.

User avatar
jc631
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:02 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby jc631 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:05 pm

DCLawGW wrote:Where does it say that it's sent to our permanent address?



I called them a few days ago to check

DCLawGW
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:04 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby DCLawGW » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:05 pm

jc631 wrote:
DCLawGW wrote:Where does it say that it's sent to our permanent address?



I called them a few days ago to check


Sweet - Thanks

User avatar
GobiasIndustries
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby GobiasIndustries » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:06 pm

jc631 wrote:
DCLawGW wrote:Where does it say that it's sent to our permanent address?



I called them a few days ago to check


I think it also says it in the text above the status checker (maybe). I guess it makes sense - there are probably a lot of undergrad seniors going home for a winter break around this time of year, so they just send it there. It would be awful if it was waiting at college while you were home for 3-4 weeks.

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby JOThompson » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:09 pm

tfc7x wrote:Term: Fall Year: 2010
Program Time: Full Time Degree: JD

Current Status: Your application has been completed.
Current Status Date: 10/28/2009
Decision Status: Pending Decision-mailed only
Decision Status Date: 12/10/2009

Bring it, BC.

I hope I work this weekend, so I'll be too busy to stress about this :P

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:14 pm

Current Status: Your application has been completed.
Current Status Date: 10/5/2009
Decision Status: Pending Decision-mailed only
Decision Status Date: 12/7/2009


OH BABBBBY!

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby chrisokc » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:35 pm

"mailed only"

What's up with the "only?"

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:37 pm

chrisokc wrote:"mailed only"

What's up with the "only?"


Maybe they don't want people to call for their decision?

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Veritas » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:37 pm

chrisokc wrote:"mailed only"

What's up with the "only?"

I'm presuming they are highlighting the fact that you will only be able to find out your decision via email.

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby chrisokc » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:41 pm

I like this idea. I was hoping it wasn't "acceptances are listed on this status checker, but your type of decision is 'mailed only.'"
Veritas wrote:
chrisokc wrote:"mailed only"

What's up with the "only?"

I'm presuming they are highlighting the fact that you will only be able to find out your decision via email.

User avatar
monkey85
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby monkey85 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:42 pm

Current Status: Your application has been completed.
Current Status Date: 10/29/2009
Decision Status: Pending Decision-mailed only
Decision Status Date: 12/7/2009


Another possible decision coming? Time to eat a cupcake.

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:54 pm

If you were an admissions officer choosing between jobs at BC or [insert name of any BC peer school], would the fact that BC doesn't give decisions over the phone influence your decision, all other (job-related) factors being equal?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Bing [Bot], doc b, jstans, lawschoolbound2017, sec_undergrad and 15 guests