BC Law 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ryguy

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby ryguy » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:29 pm

Denied!!! Snail mail, no smiles for me. But my pile of waiting to hear from grows thinner.

RhubarbPie

Postby RhubarbPie » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:53 pm

lgreenbe wrote:
hykang wrote:Has anyone heard about merit aid? I've emailed the admissions office twice asking when they'll send info and they haven't even written back to let me know they received my email. Which email should we be using to contact them? Perhaps I'm using the wrong address (although I doubt it because they sent that dean's letter on the same address).

I've emailed them too asking about merit aid and never got a response saying they got my email. I finally called and they said they had received it and were sending out offers over the next few weeks. Totally not helpful!

Its really unhelpful but they are only hurting themselves. Many of us have other offers (including scholarships from better schools) on the table and until they send their scholly info, its impossible (for me, anyways) to really consider them.

Xiaolong

Postby Xiaolong » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:19 am

hykang wrote:
lgreenbe wrote:
hykang wrote:Has anyone heard about merit aid? I've emailed the admissions office twice asking when they'll send info and they haven't even written back to let me know they received my email. Which email should we be using to contact them? Perhaps I'm using the wrong address (although I doubt it because they sent that dean's letter on the same address).

I've emailed them too asking about merit aid and never got a response saying they got my email. I finally called and they said they had received it and were sending out offers over the next few weeks. Totally not helpful!

Its really unhelpful but they are only hurting themselves. Many of us have other offers (including scholarships from better schools) on the table and until they send their scholly info, its impossible (for me, anyways) to really consider them.

TITCR. I have no idea why it is taking BC so long to get that info out. Although I really like BC and would love to attend, I am not going to pay sticker, especially since I have numbers >75th percentile.

lateforthesky16

Postby lateforthesky16 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:43 am

well tomorrow is when financial aid is released, right? (or at least when they start uploading our financial aid packages onto the website). i will die if i open that link page and only see stafford loans! here's to hoping we all get huge grants that will make us forget about merit aid! (jk, that better get here soon too)

mikcou

Postby mikcou » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:06 am

lateforthesky16 wrote:well tomorrow is when financial aid is released, right? (or at least when they start uploading our financial aid packages onto the website). i will die if i open that link page and only see stafford loans! here's to hoping we all get huge grants that will make us forget about merit aid! (jk, that better get here soon too)

I believe they said that they would start to go up. Now that might mean there a bunch of them up there and they were waiting to release a bunch or that theyre going to release small numbers over the next two weeks.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:05 am

hykang wrote:
lgreenbe wrote:

+1,000. I really would attend BC, it's why I applied there, but at this point they would have to beat Fordham's offer for me to consider them. I just want to know!

lgreenbe

Postby lgreenbe » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:09 am

danidancer wrote:
hykang wrote:
lgreenbe wrote:

+1,000. I really would attend BC, it's why I applied there, but at this point they would have to beat Fordham's offer for me to consider them. I just want to know!

I'm in the same boat. I would really need them to beat Emory's offer. But my family lives in Boston so if they could just work with me and help me out it would be awesome!

colleen

Postby colleen » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:25 am

Does anyone know how to use the financial aid key to check your award? I'm a current BC student and when I log into portal I only see financial aid info from the last four years. I'm not sure where to put in the key number, because I didn't have to set up an account or change my password or anything.

mikcou

Postby mikcou » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:33 am

colleen wrote:Does anyone know how to use the financial aid key to check your award? I'm a current BC student and when I log into portal I only see financial aid info from the last four years. I'm not sure where to put in the key number, because I didn't have to set up an account or change my password or anything.

If youre a current BC student, you should be able to just log in and view it. At least I can.

vebode01

Postby vebode01 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:01 pm

has anyone gotten their financial aid award yet today? I'm literally waiting onit before I send my deposit in...

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:04 pm

vebode01 wrote:has anyone gotten their financial aid award yet today? I'm literally waiting onit before I send my deposit in...

Still nothing there for me. And keep in mind, they are just as unclear on this as they are on pretty much everything else. They didn't tell us that financial aid awards are released today. They said they will START releasing them today. So they can pull the same nonsense as they are with scholarships and trickle them out at a snails pace with seemingly no rhyme or reason.

mikcou

Postby mikcou » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:14 pm

dakatz wrote:
vebode01 wrote:has anyone gotten their financial aid award yet today? I'm literally waiting onit before I send my deposit in...

Still nothing there for me. And keep in mind, they are just as unclear on this as they are on pretty much everything else. They didn't tell us that financial aid awards are released today. They said they will START releasing them today. So they can pull the same nonsense as they are with scholarships and trickle them out at a snails pace with seemingly no rhyme or reason.

I think I can see mine, I'm not sure though. I dont have a notification yet.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:16 pm

mikcou wrote:
dakatz wrote:

Huh? If you have no notification yet, then how is there an award to see? I click "Financial Aid Award Notification" and it just says "You currently do not have an award notification to view. Please check your financial aid application status..."

Edit: Oh, didn't see that you are a current BC student, so maybe that has something to do with it, and would make your case a bit different from the rest.

colleen

Postby colleen » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:20 pm

mikcou wrote:
dakatz wrote:

Which tab did you click on to see yours? "Financial Aid", "Financial Aid Award Notification" or "Financial Aid Status"??

mikcou

Postby mikcou » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:26 pm

colleen wrote:
mikcou wrote:
dakatz wrote:

Which tab did you click on to see yours? "Financial Aid", "Financial Aid Award Notification" or "Financial Aid Status"??

"Financial Aid" my award notification is still from 09-10.

colleen

Postby colleen » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:33 pm

Oh ok. Mine is the same then

vebode01

Postby vebode01 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:42 pm

just curious but when I check my financial aid documents at the link they provide, both my Need Access and FAFSA are reported as having been received 3/15 but I sent them on Feb 1 and received confirmation that they were sent successfully...does anyone else’s have way too recent dates for their receipt by BC?
Last edited by vebode01 on Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jsbr1114

Postby jsbr1114 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:45 pm

vebode01 wrote:just curious but when I check my financial aid documents at the link they provide, both my Need Access and FAFSA are reported as having been received 3/15 but I sent them on Feb 1 and received confirmation that they were sent successfully...does anyone else’s have way too recent dated for their receipt by BC?

I don't have quite the disparity you have, but I do have a three-week difference between when I sent my Need Access and when BC "received" it.

lateforthesky16

Postby lateforthesky16 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:49 pm

vebode01 wrote:just curious but when I check my financial aid documents at the link they provide, both my Need Access and FAFSA are reported as having been received 3/15 but I sent them on Feb 1 and received confirmation that they were sent successfully...does anyone else’s have way too recent dated for their receipt by BC?

Mine were just updated too. They used to say "received 2/5" and received "3/11" or something, and now they both say "received 3/17"

Katerina

Postby Katerina » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Agora's "Financial Award" section has officially replaced my application status checker obsession.

GermX

Postby GermX » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:42 pm

='(...waitlisted, 3.4, 169. Ah well. Seriously didn't expect this one, but at least so far this cycle: 1 acceptance, 2 waitlists. No rejections so far...

Hopefully Georgetown will cheer me up.

lateforthesky16

Postby lateforthesky16 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:50 pm

Katerina wrote:Agora's "Financial Award" section has officially replaced my application status checker obsession.

same here

vebode01

Postby vebode01 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:00 pm

I just called the financial aid office and the woman I spoke with said that the awards will start posting on agora TOMORROW :?

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:02 pm

vebode01 wrote:I just called the financial aid office and the woman I spoke with said that the awards will start posting on agora TOMORROW :?

And here they go with the BS. Again, they say START posting, which means they could post one person's award and drag out all the rest. Lets see if anyone on here gets a single thing by tomorrow.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:03 pm

dakatz wrote:
vebode01 wrote:I just called the financial aid office and the woman I spoke with said that the awards will start posting on agora TOMORROW :?

And here they go with the BS. Again, they say START posting, which means they could post one person's award and drag out all the rest. Lets see if anyone on here gets a single thing by tomorrow.

It's stuff like this that makes me want to just pack it up and mail Fordham my deposit. But I really would go to BC... if the price is right. :D

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”