BC Law 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MDPSteve
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:46 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby MDPSteve » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:03 pm

powerlurker wrote:
MDPSteve wrote:Any other 2/20 DR's still waiting on their decision? I'm in Maine and not sure if the letter was slow going out or if the fact I'm having my mail forwarded to a new address is slowing it down.


DR 2/20 here, still haven't received my ding yet. I'm nearby you in Eastern Canada.

Unrelated: Sorry to see you didn't get in Veritas, I've been lurking this thread from the beginning and I was pulling for ya


Thanks. Good luck... hopefully we'll here soon!

FreshPrince
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:11 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby FreshPrince » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:17 pm

cherryalamode wrote:
FreshPrince wrote:Okay, I hope this isn't an asshole thing to do but I thought you guys waiting for decisions from BC or hoping to get in off the waitlist would have the best intentions in your answers. Here's my situation...

I've been accepted to BC and while it is an awesome AWESOME institution, my first choice law school is Penn. If I don't get into Penn, I'll be headed to BC next year. I went complete at Penn in late November, under committee review in late Jan. and then again in mid Feb. Others who have applied later than I have already been rejected so I feel like the adcoms are not sure whether to admit me or not. I feel like my app was very complete and targeted towards Penn. I wrote three optional essays, which is the max. they allow. My question is this: Do you think it would help or hurt me to write a LOCI before receiving a decision? Would it hurt my chances?

Hopefully you guys see why I am asking this here. I figure if anybody wants me to get into Penn, it's somebody who may get my seat when it opens up at BC. I really appreciate any advice or insight. Thanks!


A lot of us pending would like to see you give up ur seat, lol, but I do think this is better on the penn thread. Many on the BC thread don't know the Penn thread and don't know Penn. For example, I know BC's attitude towards LOCIs but I don't know Penn's. So I'd recommend that you ask this over at the Penn thread, where people are more familiar with the law school.

My official answer to your question would be to CALL the admissions office and ASK. It's not too hard and relatively risk-free.

Hope this helps!


Thanks, it does help. I hadn't considered calling. I guess I could do that.

I guess I am afraid to take any advice from those who are also waiting to get into Penn. They might tell me to do the worst thing possible. I'll check into Penn's policy on LOCIs.

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby cherryalamode » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:22 pm

FreshPrince wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:
FreshPrince wrote:Okay, I hope this isn't an asshole thing to do but I thought you guys waiting for decisions from BC or hoping to get in off the waitlist would have the best intentions in your answers. Here's my situation...

I've been accepted to BC and while it is an awesome AWESOME institution, my first choice law school is Penn. If I don't get into Penn, I'll be headed to BC next year. I went complete at Penn in late November, under committee review in late Jan. and then again in mid Feb. Others who have applied later than I have already been rejected so I feel like the adcoms are not sure whether to admit me or not. I feel like my app was very complete and targeted towards Penn. I wrote three optional essays, which is the max. they allow. My question is this: Do you think it would help or hurt me to write a LOCI before receiving a decision? Would it hurt my chances?

Hopefully you guys see why I am asking this here. I figure if anybody wants me to get into Penn, it's somebody who may get my seat when it opens up at BC. I really appreciate any advice or insight. Thanks!


A lot of us pending would like to see you give up ur seat, lol, but I do think this is better on the penn thread. Many on the BC thread don't know the Penn thread and don't know Penn. For example, I know BC's attitude towards LOCIs but I don't know Penn's. So I'd recommend that you ask this over at the Penn thread, where people are more familiar with the law school.

My official answer to your question would be to CALL the admissions office and ASK. It's not too hard and relatively risk-free.

Hope this helps!


Thanks, it does help. I hadn't considered calling. I guess I could do that.

I guess I am afraid to take any advice from those who are also waiting to get into Penn. They might tell me to do the worst thing possible. I'll check into Penn's policy on LOCIs.


Well that all depends on how nice ur fellow posters are, lol. We're pretty nice here at the BC thread.

FreshPrince
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:11 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby FreshPrince » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:31 pm

cherryalamode wrote:
FreshPrince wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:
FreshPrince wrote:Okay, I hope this isn't an asshole thing to do but I thought you guys waiting for decisions from BC or hoping to get in off the waitlist would have the best intentions in your answers. Here's my situation...

I've been accepted to BC and while it is an awesome AWESOME institution, my first choice law school is Penn. If I don't get into Penn, I'll be headed to BC next year. I went complete at Penn in late November, under committee review in late Jan. and then again in mid Feb. Others who have applied later than I have already been rejected so I feel like the adcoms are not sure whether to admit me or not. I feel like my app was very complete and targeted towards Penn. I wrote three optional essays, which is the max. they allow. My question is this: Do you think it would help or hurt me to write a LOCI before receiving a decision? Would it hurt my chances?

Hopefully you guys see why I am asking this here. I figure if anybody wants me to get into Penn, it's somebody who may get my seat when it opens up at BC. I really appreciate any advice or insight. Thanks!


A lot of us pending would like to see you give up ur seat, lol, but I do think this is better on the penn thread. Many on the BC thread don't know the Penn thread and don't know Penn. For example, I know BC's attitude towards LOCIs but I don't know Penn's. So I'd recommend that you ask this over at the Penn thread, where people are more familiar with the law school.

My official answer to your question would be to CALL the admissions office and ASK. It's not too hard and relatively risk-free.

Hope this helps!


Thanks, it does help. I hadn't considered calling. I guess I could do that.

I guess I am afraid to take any advice from those who are also waiting to get into Penn. They might tell me to do the worst thing possible. I'll check into Penn's policy on LOCIs.


Well that all depends on how nice ur fellow posters are, lol. We're pretty nice here at the BC thread.


Yeah, you're right. Maybe I should just go to BC :lol:

Mosca
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Mosca » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:08 pm

In via snail mail on 2/25. EA deferred and DR on 2/19.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:09 pm

Mosca wrote:In via snail mail on 2/25. EA deferred and DR on 2/19.

wooo!

LSN shows someone rejected off the waitlist already.

On another note, looks like I wont be going to the reception because I cant get work off. I'll be there for ASW though!

User avatar
mikcou
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:23 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby mikcou » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:03 pm

Mosca wrote:In via snail mail on 2/25. EA deferred and DR on 2/19.


Congrats! :D

ExcitedBlutterance
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:11 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby ExcitedBlutterance » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:31 pm

Who is going to the 3/26 ASW?

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby MissLucky » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:32 pm

tram988 wrote:
Mosca wrote:In via snail mail on 2/25. EA deferred and DR on 2/19.

wooo!

LSN shows someone rejected off the waitlist already.

On another note, looks like I wont be going to the reception because I cant get work off. I'll be there for ASW though!


rejected off the waitlist already? how?

User avatar
mikcou
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:23 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby mikcou » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:15 pm

ExcitedBlutterance wrote:Who is going to the 3/26 ASW?


I should be there :mrgreen:

J-tow10
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby J-tow10 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:21 pm

Hoping today is the day! Went DR from EA on 2/24. 4 days sounds right for snail mail to get from Boston to Michigan right?? :shock:

pollaclc
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:12 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby pollaclc » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:29 pm

in via snail mail today! DR 2/24. last i could find on this thread there were very few scholarship offers extended..any updates on that?/anyone get one with their acceptance or later (how much later?) :)

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:42 pm

Dinged.

Not surprised considering the quality of applicants dinged before me.

Decision 2/24

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:42 pm

pollaclc wrote:in via snail mail today! DR 2/24. last i could find on this thread there were very few scholarship offers extended..any updates on that?/anyone get one with their acceptance or later (how much later?) :)

congrats! #'s?

Scholarship will be separate to my knowledge.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:42 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:Dinged.

Not surprised considering the quality of applicants dinged before me.

Decision 2/24

NOO!!! I was pulling for you. I'm really sorry...

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:45 pm

tram988 wrote:
pollaclc wrote:in via snail mail today! DR 2/24. last i could find on this thread there were very few scholarship offers extended..any updates on that?/anyone get one with their acceptance or later (how much later?) :)

congrats! #'s?

Scholarship will be separate to my knowledge.


No biggie. Still hoping for good news from WUSTL. If I get in there I could safely call it a cycle. I applied to just a bunch of reaches and one safety.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:46 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
tram988 wrote:
pollaclc wrote:in via snail mail today! DR 2/24. last i could find on this thread there were very few scholarship offers extended..any updates on that?/anyone get one with their acceptance or later (how much later?) :)

congrats! #'s?

Scholarship will be separate to my knowledge.


No biggie. Still hoping for good news from WUSTL. If I get in there I could safely call it a cycle. I applied to just a bunch of reaches and one safety.

Good luck-- let me know how everything turns out.

texaspecial88
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby texaspecial88 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:19 pm

Just got accepted at BC this morning! Held from EA. DR on 2/24.

keemos
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:22 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby keemos » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:20 pm

texaspecial88 wrote:Just got accepted at BC this morning! Held from EA. DR on 2/24.


CONGRATS! You give me hope!

onetimeonly95
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:25 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby onetimeonly95 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:27 pm

Waitlised on friday

DR 2/19 and 2/26...submitted app on 1/11

eaters333
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:50 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby eaters333 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:35 pm

i have been pending decision since 1/29..... complete on the 25th.......what does this meannnn ding? waitlist?

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby cherryalamode » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:36 pm

keemos wrote:
texaspecial88 wrote:Just got accepted at BC this morning! Held from EA. DR on 2/24.


CONGRATS! You give me hope!


+1!

Hello comrades! It's been a while since there's been activity on this board.

In other news:


It's MARCH!!! :shock: :shock:

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:36 pm

texaspecial88 wrote:Just got accepted at BC this morning! Held from EA. DR on 2/24.

Congrats!! URM?

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:37 pm

Just registered for the open house! YAY!

texaspecial88
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby texaspecial88 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:23 pm

tram988 wrote:
texaspecial88 wrote:Just got accepted at BC this morning! Held from EA. DR on 2/24.

Congrats!! URM?


Non-URM, hispanic




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests