FreshPrince wrote:Okay, I hope this isn't an asshole thing to do but I thought you guys waiting for decisions from BC or hoping to get in off the waitlist would have the best intentions in your answers. Here's my situation...
I've been accepted to BC and while it is an awesome AWESOME institution, my first choice law school is Penn. If I don't get into Penn, I'll be headed to BC next year. I went complete at Penn in late November, under committee review in late Jan. and then again in mid Feb. Others who have applied later than I have already been rejected so I feel like the adcoms are not sure whether to admit me or not. I feel like my app was very complete and targeted towards Penn. I wrote three optional essays, which is the max. they allow. My question is this: Do you think it would help or hurt me to write a LOCI before receiving a decision? Would it hurt my chances?
Hopefully you guys see why I am asking this here. I figure if anybody wants me to get into Penn, it's somebody who may get my seat when it opens up at BC. I really appreciate any advice or insight. Thanks!
A lot of us pending would like to see you give up ur seat, lol, but I do think this is better on the penn thread. Many on the BC thread don't know the Penn thread and don't know Penn. For example, I know BC's attitude towards LOCIs but I don't know Penn's. So I'd recommend that you ask this over at the Penn thread, where people are more familiar with the law school.
My official answer to your question would be to CALL the admissions office and ASK. It's not too hard and relatively risk-free.
Hope this helps!