BC Law 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
texaspecial88

Bronze
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby texaspecial88 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:13 pm

cherryalamode wrote:BC, unfortunately doesn't do batches. You can have a rejection, WL, and acceptance all in the same day.


but we can always hope that this batch strays from the norm. fingerscrossed for 2/13 being acceptances...

User avatar
cherryalamode

Bronze
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby cherryalamode » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:25 pm

texaspecial88 wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:BC, unfortunately doesn't do batches. You can have a rejection, WL, and acceptance all in the same day.


but we can always hope that this batch strays from the norm. fingerscrossed for 2/13 being acceptances...


LOL, I love your optimism. My head would be in the sand at this point and I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

texaspecial88

Bronze
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby texaspecial88 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:39 pm

For those that have heard back from BC after being put on HOLD:

If you were accepted, how did you hear? (email or mail)

If you were rejected, how did you hear?

User avatar
Veritas

Gold
Posts: 2695
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Veritas » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:50 pm

texaspecial88 wrote:For those that have heard back from BC after being put on HOLD:

If you were accepted, how did you hear? (email or mail)

If you were rejected, how did you hear?

Everything is snail mail

User avatar
JayTal

Bronze
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby JayTal » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:54 pm

Well i was waitlisted. Hmm wasn't expecting that.

User avatar
cherryalamode

Bronze
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby cherryalamode » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:58 pm

Holy moly. I'm starting to lose hope!! :(

SkyRiver

New
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby SkyRiver » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:20 pm

Checking my mailbox every few hours since DR'd on 2/19. How can it take 3 days for a letter to be mailed to my apartment which is 30-45 minutes away from BC?

User avatar
Veritas

Gold
Posts: 2695
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Veritas » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:21 pm

SkyRiver wrote:Checking my mailbox every few hours since DR'd on 2/19. How can it take 3 days for a letter to be mailed to my apartment which is 30-45 minutes away from BC?

I bet it comes today!

I'm nervous....they send batches?

StrawberryRed89

Bronze
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby StrawberryRed89 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:44 pm

I was deferred during EA...then DR 2/19 (oddly enough, only 9 days after sending them a LOCI...haha)..received my acceptance packet in the mail this afternoon.

User avatar
Veritas

Gold
Posts: 2695
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Veritas » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:47 pm

StrawberryRed89 wrote:I was deferred during EA...then DR 2/19 (oddly enough, only 9 days after sending them a LOCI...haha)..received my acceptance packet in the mail this afternoon.

congrats!!

now I have no clue what yo expect (where are you located?)

StrawberryRed89

Bronze
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby StrawberryRed89 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:48 pm

Veritas wrote:
StrawberryRed89 wrote:I was deferred during EA...then DR 2/19 (oddly enough, only 9 days after sending them a LOCI...haha)..received my acceptance packet in the mail this afternoon.

congrats!!

now I have no clue what yo expect (where are you located?)


Thanks. Boston

StrawberryRed89

Bronze
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby StrawberryRed89 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:49 pm

SkyRiver wrote:Checking my mailbox every few hours since DR'd on 2/19. How can it take 3 days for a letter to be mailed to my apartment which is 30-45 minutes away from BC?


You should have it today. I'm guessing they didn't mail them until Saturday/yesterday?

User avatar
cherryalamode

Bronze
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby cherryalamode » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:52 pm

Congrats SR!

Is BC your top choice?

User avatar
utcris410

Bronze
Posts: 465
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby utcris410 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:54 pm

SkyRiver wrote:Checking my mailbox every few hours since DR'd on 2/19. How can it take 3 days for a letter to be mailed to my apartment which is 30-45 minutes away from BC?

My DR date was 2/12, but the letter wasn't sent until 2/16 and I got it 2/19 or 2/20.

User avatar
cherryalamode

Bronze
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby cherryalamode » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:56 pm

utcris410 wrote:
SkyRiver wrote:Checking my mailbox every few hours since DR'd on 2/19. How can it take 3 days for a letter to be mailed to my apartment which is 30-45 minutes away from BC?

My DR date was 2/12, but the letter wasn't sent until 2/16 and I got it 2/19 or 2/20.


Does anyone know if it signifies anything when the letter has been sent out after the DR?

User avatar
utcris410

Bronze
Posts: 465
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby utcris410 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:07 pm

.
Last edited by utcris410 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

onetimeonly95

New
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:25 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby onetimeonly95 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:14 pm

StrawberryRed89 wrote:
SkyRiver wrote:Checking my mailbox every few hours since DR'd on 2/19. How can it take 3 days for a letter to be mailed to my apartment which is 30-45 minutes away from BC?


You should have it today. I'm guessing they didn't mail them until Saturday/yesterday?


I'm 30-45mins from the BC law campus as well and I didn't receive anything in the mail. Weird. In fact, I'm actually upset. :evil:

fyi I was DR 2/19

SkyRiver

New
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby SkyRiver » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:23 pm

cherryalamode wrote:
utcris410 wrote:
SkyRiver wrote:Checking my mailbox every few hours since DR'd on 2/19. How can it take 3 days for a letter to be mailed to my apartment which is 30-45 minutes away from BC?

My DR date was 2/12, but the letter wasn't sent until 2/16 and I got it 2/19 or 2/20.


Does anyone know if it signifies anything when the letter has been sent out after the DR?


I'm assuming people only know when the letter is actually sent based on reading the letter itself. If that's the case there's no point in speculating your decision based on the mail date of the letter :D

On the other hand maybe they use different mailing rates for different types of letters. Priority for acceptances and media mail for the rest :lol:

User avatar
utcris410

Bronze
Posts: 465
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby utcris410 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:35 pm

My letter was dated Feb. 12, but was postmarked Feb. 16, received 3 or 4 days after Feb. 16 date (in Texas).
Last edited by utcris410 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J-tow10

Bronze
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby J-tow10 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:42 pm

Still at my original DR date :(

User avatar
Notor

Bronze
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Notor » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:22 pm

Finally DR today, about time. Really glad I chose EA...

Xiaolong

Bronze
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:30 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Xiaolong » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:43 am

Anyone hear anything about regular merit aid decisions yet? I know a couple of people have gotten named scholarships, but what about us regular folks?

User avatar
Katerina

Bronze
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:54 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Katerina » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:09 am

Xiaolong wrote:Anyone hear anything about regular merit aid decisions yet? I know a couple of people have gotten named scholarships, but what about us regular folks?


+1

show me the money!

User avatar
ryguy

Bronze
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby ryguy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:37 am

Notor wrote:Finally DR today, about time. Really glad I chose EA...

LOL. I'm still at pending decision 2/2. Appl. complete 12/29.

User avatar
mikcou

Bronze
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:23 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby mikcou » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:03 pm

Katerina wrote:
Xiaolong wrote:Anyone hear anything about regular merit aid decisions yet? I know a couple of people have gotten named scholarships, but what about us regular folks?


+1

show me the money!


havent heard anything; would very much like to though



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests