BC Law 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby ryguy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:53 pm

Pending decision 2/2. :oops:

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby JusticeHarlan » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:23 pm

MissLucky wrote:
rtw wrote:from what I understand..... if things go in batches all DR 2/12 would have the same decision... it doesn't matter when they send it out you just live further away aka your mail is slower. But I could be wrong. I guess, I am hoping this is true because I was DR 2/12 and haven't heard yet :/


yeah i was hoping and praying they do decisions in batches but someone told me that he/she had a waitlist when someone else in his/her batch was an acceptance...

Yeah, that was me.

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby SAE » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:20 pm

DR 2/17. Nervous.

Without re-reading the topic, could someone please tell me:

1. Are the decisions batched?

2. Are all decisions snail-mailed or are some emailed?

3. Are there any tricks to find out if you've been admitted?

nyskidude
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:05 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby nyskidude » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:24 pm

Confirmation that the decisions are NOT batched. DR 2/12, dinged today via snail mail. 163/3.84, Non-URM, undergrad was in VT and I'm from NY, so i don't even have geographical diversity to offer them. Oh well.

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby SAE » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:32 pm

Oh, and do they send them out right away or do they come in postmarked several days after DR?

nyskidude
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:05 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby nyskidude » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:35 pm

SAE wrote:Oh, and do they send them out right away or do they come in postmarked several days after DR?


Postmarked the same day as my DR date. Best of luck to everyone else waiting for responses.

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby cherryalamode » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:36 pm

nyskidude wrote:Confirmation that the decisions are NOT batched. DR 2/12, dinged today via snail mail. 163/3.84, Non-URM, undergrad was in VT and I'm from NY, so i don't even have geographical diversity to offer them. Oh well.


OMG I'm so depressed. I have basically the same stats as you and from the same state. Now I am super depressed and am doubting I will get in. This is torture.
I'm sorry nyskidude... :-/

How were your softs and your PS?

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby utcris410 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:38 pm

nyskidude wrote:Confirmation that the decisions are NOT batched. DR 2/12, dinged today via snail mail. 163/3.84, Non-URM, undergrad was in VT and I'm from NY, so i don't even have geographical diversity to offer them. Oh well.

sorry to hear this. best of luck!

hotdoglaw
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:48 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby hotdoglaw » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:39 pm

Does state of residency play a role in BC's decisions?

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby even2flow » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:39 pm

SAE, when did you say your complete day was? Just curious how deep into the pile they're getting.

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby cherryalamode » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:41 pm

hotdoglaw wrote:Does state of residency play a role in BC's decisions?


Lol, probably not, but when you feel that everything is stacked against you, that just feels like another inch of wall in my way, haha...

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby SAE » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:42 pm

even2flow wrote:SAE, when did you say your complete day was? Just curious how deep into the pile they're getting.

fwiw, complete 12/14, but I'm a December retaker.

nyskidude
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:05 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby nyskidude » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:46 pm

cherryalamode wrote:
nyskidude wrote:Confirmation that the decisions are NOT batched. DR 2/12, dinged today via snail mail. 163/3.84, Non-URM, undergrad was in VT and I'm from NY, so i don't even have geographical diversity to offer them. Oh well.


OMG I'm so depressed. I have basically the same stats as you and from the same state. Now I am super depressed and am doubting I will get in. This is torture.
I'm sorry nyskidude... :-/

How were your softs and your PS?


I'm not really sure... People said my PS was pretty good, and I have held leadership positions in 2 clubs and 1 volunteer organization. I was good enough to get into GW, so I guess I thought most of the rest of the top 20 would have been a cakewalk. Guess not lol :?:

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby even2flow » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:50 pm

SAE wrote:fwiw, complete 12/14, but I'm a December retaker.


So I'm guessing it got pushed to early January pile, maybe? Alright, good luck dude.

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby SAE » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:50 pm

Thanks for the answers.

Also, is this correct: large envelopes for acceptances, small for everything else?

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:51 pm

SAE wrote:Thanks for the answers.

Also, is this correct: large envelopes for acceptances, small for everything else?

correct!

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby MissLucky » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:57 pm

nyskidude wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:
nyskidude wrote:Confirmation that the decisions are NOT batched. DR 2/12, dinged today via snail mail. 163/3.84, Non-URM, undergrad was in VT and I'm from NY, so i don't even have geographical diversity to offer them. Oh well.


OMG I'm so depressed. I have basically the same stats as you and from the same state. Now I am super depressed and am doubting I will get in. This is torture.
I'm sorry nyskidude... :-/

How were your softs and your PS?


I'm not really sure... People said my PS was pretty good, and I have held leadership positions in 2 clubs and 1 volunteer organization. I was good enough to get into GW, so I guess I thought most of the rest of the top 20 would have been a cakewalk. Guess not lol :?:


oh dear im depressed now...really sorry to hear that...whatever, you got GW!

crm
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby crm » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:58 pm

DR 2/17. Probably a ding, but I really hope I get in, Top Choice!

Complete 1/19

crossing fingers...
Last edited by crm on Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goblue2010
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby goblue2010 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:19 pm

off topic, but: Has there been a chance to RSVP for the ASW in march yet? I got the email, but it didn't say how to reserve a spot, and no one at the school has returned my email yet. Thoughts?

User avatar
mikcou
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:23 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby mikcou » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:58 pm

goblue2010 wrote:off topic, but: Has there been a chance to RSVP for the ASW in march yet? I got the email, but it didn't say how to reserve a spot, and no one at the school has returned my email yet. Thoughts?


Im thinking that we can just go, but I'm not sure.

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby cherryalamode » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:00 pm

crm wrote:DR 2/17. Probably a ding, but I really hope I get in, Top Choice!

Complete 1/19

crossing fingers...


CRM please keep us posted! BC usually does decisions in 6 or more weeks from complete date and yours took less than a month. So I'm wondering what this means.

crm
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby crm » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:01 pm

cherryalamode wrote:
crm wrote:DR 2/17. Probably a ding, but I really hope I get in, Top Choice!

Complete 1/19

crossing fingers...


CRM please keep us posted! BC usually does decisions in 6 or more weeks from complete date and yours took less than a month. So I'm wondering what this means.


for sure, will do! I'm hoping it's a good thing, haha.

User avatar
J Burrito
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:21 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby J Burrito » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:34 pm

DR 2/16! Numbers not the strongest for BC.

Complete 1/8

No totals filled in under the deposits section.

What does this all mean!?!?!?

Best of luck to everyone else who went DR!

Fef619
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Fef619 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:13 pm

crm wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:
crm wrote:DR 2/17. Probably a ding, but I really hope I get in, Top Choice!

Complete 1/19

crossing fingers...


CRM please keep us posted! BC usually does decisions in 6 or more weeks from complete date and yours took less than a month. So I'm wondering what this means.


for sure, will do! I'm hoping it's a good thing, haha.



yea im also complete 1/19..but im still decision pending...

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby chicoalto0649 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:24 pm

complete 1/4

updated to 1/19

Still waiting for my DR

bc seems very selective this year




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, cyclawps, hellohalo, jstans, Mr. Bubbles, premalone, rush4334, stewhan and 22 guests