BC Law 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:48 pm

Ah mines back!! 12/7 pending decision..good sign?

elevatorlove
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby elevatorlove » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:48 pm

utcris410 wrote:
brose002 wrote:My status changed to Pending Decision 12/8/09. before it was pending decision 10/27/09

So did mine. Previously, pending decision was removed yesterday.


Same here...it was completely gone yesterday and now it says Pending Decision 12/8/09.

User avatar
brose002
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby brose002 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:49 pm

What are the stats of everyone who went back? we might be able to find out if this is a good sign.

Mosca
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Mosca » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:50 pm

tram988 wrote:Ah mines back!! 12/7 pending decision

+1

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby rockthelaw » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:51 pm

Gahhh mine just changed from pending 10/27 to pending 12/08.

smiley
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby smiley » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:51 pm

mine's back as well 12/7

they just like the torture. we're divided into 12/7 and 12/8 . . . are these reject/accepts? you can tell me not to read into it all you like, but i undoubtedly will :(
Last edited by smiley on Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
amandap
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby amandap » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:51 pm

Mine is back too. Now it says Decision Pending 12/08.
Stats:165/3.65

User avatar
Notor
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Notor » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:52 pm

tram988 wrote:Ah mines back!! 12/7 pending decision..good sign?

Guys, seriously stop freaking out. That stuff means absolutely nothing, at all. You cannot read whether or not something is a good sign or a bad sign based upon when the status checker changes to say "Decision Pending," especially when it has changed like 3 times and still says "Decision Pending," and that is what it originally said when you first got the status checker.

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby utcris410 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:53 pm

Maybe decisions will be sent early (as in Friday)!! :D

3.29 163 URM

User avatar
GobiasIndustries
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby GobiasIndustries » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:55 pm

Notor wrote:
tram988 wrote:Ah mines back!! 12/7 pending decision..good sign?

Guys, seriously stop freaking out. That stuff means absolutely nothing, at all. You cannot read whether or not something is a good sign or a bad sign based upon when the status checker changes to say "Decision Pending," especially when it has changed like 3 times and still says "Decision Pending," and that is what it originally said when you first got the status checker.


+1. Mine hasn't changed once since I went complete. I'm sure they're doing quite a bit of work in people's files, which probably impacts what the status checker shows. We're all going to hear next week, anyway... (ED folks)

User avatar
sirchristaylor
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby sirchristaylor » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:56 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:
Notor wrote:
tram988 wrote:Ah mines back!! 12/7 pending decision..good sign?

Guys, seriously stop freaking out. That stuff means absolutely nothing, at all. You cannot read whether or not something is a good sign or a bad sign based upon when the status checker changes to say "Decision Pending," especially when it has changed like 3 times and still says "Decision Pending," and that is what it originally said when you first got the status checker.


+1. Mine hasn't changed once since I went complete. I'm sure they're doing quite a bit of work in people's files, which probably impacts what the status checker shows. We're all going to hear next week, anyway... (ED folks)

:D

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby kalvano » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:58 pm

Damn you people.

Mine has looked like this -



Image







ever since the dates on it.

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Burger in a can » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:06 pm

kalvano wrote:Damn you people.

Mine has looked like this -



Image







ever since the dates on it.


Mine too, except it says 11/16 and 11/10. (I have no right to complain though because I didn't make the EA deadline...)

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:11 pm

I wonder why some people have 12/7 (me) and most others 12/8 or 12/9?

User avatar
Notor
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Notor » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:13 pm

tram988 wrote:I wonder why some people have 12/7 (me) and most others 12/8 or 12/9?

Probably because that's when they updated them... could you guys be more neurotic?

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby utcris410 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:14 pm

aww, sometimes people just need to vent their neurosis!

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Notor wrote:
tram988 wrote:I wonder why some people have 12/7 (me) and most others 12/8 or 12/9?

Probably because that's when they updated them... could you guys be more neurotic?

I could be...but I'll stay where I am on the neuroticism scale.

User avatar
lateforthesky16
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby lateforthesky16 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:19 pm

mine updated to 12/08 as well. nice to see a little bit of action on the BC front!

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby rockthelaw » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:21 pm

I've made peace with my neuroses. If you're headed to law school, I think you're going to deal with much crazier neurotic behavior than that of hopeful 0Ls.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:23 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
kalvano wrote:Damn you people.

Mine has looked like this -



Image







ever since the dates on it.


Mine too, except it says 11/16 and 11/10. (I have no right to complain though because I didn't make the EA deadline...)


+1

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby kalvano » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:36 pm

Burger in a can wrote:Mine too, except it says 11/16 and 11/10. (I have no right to complain though because I didn't make the EA deadline...)


I made it in before the EA deadline, so I know I will hear back.

I give myself a 5% chance of acceptance, 20% chance of immediate rejection, and 75% waitlist.

brewinbruin
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby brewinbruin » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:44 pm

the following is posted on loyola law (LA) school's status checker. it may apply to other schools as well:

"**Received Date Notice: The Admissions office recently updated LSAT Scores, Letters of Recommendation and LSDAS Report information for a majority of our applicants. You may have noticed that the received date for these requirements has been updated to a more recent date (even if your file did not have any updates). This is completely normal and the new date does not put your application at any disadvantage."

kbreidenstine
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:01 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby kbreidenstine » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:01 pm

Being someone who most likely will be deferred or rejected (165, 3.32), I tend to think that the new "pending decision" and decision status date of "12/08/09" means that my application has been thrown back into the general application pool. Anyone with stats that make them almost automatic admits get the Decision Status and Decision Status Date put back on their status checker?

sk08
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:07 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby sk08 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:10 pm

I may be wrong here and don't want to worry anyone, but I was under the impression that BC's EA program only leads to two decisions: accept or reject. That's what I was told by an admin. rep when I called and I was very surprised b/c it is not presented like that on the website. Does anyone know if this is true? I didn't do EA after I was told this b/c I don't think my numbers would be an automatic in (although my application was in by Nov 1)

dms87
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby dms87 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:11 pm

To add to the fray:

Who has had a date change and figures they are something of an auto-admit? I don't have a date change, and I'm nearly at the GPA 75th% and well above the 75th% LSAT (3.75/171).




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”