BC Law 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
tate033
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:40 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tate033 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:53 pm

jmhendri wrote:Ding DR 2/5 (162, 3.12(3.83))

It was predictable but I kinda thought I had a shot. It's a let down.


snail mail?

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby dakatz » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:54 pm

Anyone know how soon after you send in FAFSA and NeedAccess that you get info on financial aid?

User avatar
jmhendri
Posts: 589
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby jmhendri » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:39 pm

tate033 wrote:
jmhendri wrote:Ding DR 2/5 (162, 3.12(3.83))

It was predictable but I kinda thought I had a shot. It's a let down.


snail mail?


Indeed, tiny little ominous white envelope rather than the big priority package I was hoping for.

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby cherryalamode » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:55 pm

jmhendri wrote:
tate033 wrote:
jmhendri wrote:Ding DR 2/5 (162, 3.12(3.83))

It was predictable but I kinda thought I had a shot. It's a let down.


snail mail?


Indeed, tiny little ominous white envelope rather than the big priority package I was hoping for.


Question 1: Does this mean acceptance envelopes are much bigger? Or are they all the same size?

Question 2: I dont get how LSDAS does GPA calculating. I see you have a 3.8.... but LSAC made it a 3.12????? How? And do the schools look at the LSDAS GPA or your cumulative UG GPA?

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:56 pm

cherryalamode wrote:
Question 1: Does this mean acceptance envelopes are much bigger? Or are they all the same size?

Question 2: I dont get how LSDAS does GPA calculating. I see you have a 3.8.... but LSAC made it a 3.12????? How? And do the schools look at the LSDAS GPA or your cumulative UG GPA?


I can answer #1. Acceptances are large white envelopes and rejections are small white envelopes.

User avatar
The Pen Is Mightier
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby The Pen Is Mightier » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:58 pm

Acceptance package = big envelope with Letter, some forms and a viewbook inside. Good satisfying size without being too big to fit in a mailbox.

Thats what she said.

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby cherryalamode » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:15 pm

Would anyone happen to know the size of waitlist envelopes? I'm gonna take a wild guess that its the size of the rejection envelopes. OMG I can't believe I will be able to tell by the size of the envelope.

And no one knows the answer to my 2nd question? Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

User avatar
jmhendri
Posts: 589
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby jmhendri » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:09 pm

cherryalamode wrote:
jmhendri wrote:
tate033 wrote:
jmhendri wrote:Ding DR 2/5 (162, 3.12(3.83))

It was predictable but I kinda thought I had a shot. It's a let down.


snail mail?


Indeed, tiny little ominous white envelope rather than the big priority package I was hoping for.


Question 1: Does this mean acceptance envelopes are much bigger? Or are they all the same size?

Question 2: I dont get how LSDAS does GPA calculating. I see you have a 3.8.... but LSAC made it a 3.12????? How? And do the schools look at the LSDAS GPA or your cumulative UG GPA?


3.83 is my University GPA. I transferred in and my years of floating through JC weighed me down considerably.

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby cherryalamode » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:26 pm

jmhendri wrote:
3.83 is my University GPA. I transferred in and my years of floating through JC weighed me down considerably.



If they use UG GPA they totally shouldn't hold LSDAS GPAs against people... But if they use LSDAS GPAs in their percentiles and stuff, then that sucks for the lower GPA people... :?

User avatar
mikcou
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:23 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby mikcou » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:42 am

cherryalamode wrote:
jmhendri wrote:
3.83 is my University GPA. I transferred in and my years of floating through JC weighed me down considerably.



If they use UG GPA they totally shouldn't hold LSDAS GPAs against people... But if they use LSDAS GPAs in their percentiles and stuff, then that sucks for the lower GPA people... :?


They do use the LSDAS GPA, its the only way to evaluate GPA in a somewhat standard way.

User avatar
tate033
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:40 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tate033 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:54 am

sorry about the letdown jmhendri :cry:

I'm glad to know about the envelope size -- the past 3 days I've been opening my mailbox so carefully the deskworker at my apartment building has given me some strange looks, like I've got a bomb in there or something.

Hopefully tomorrow, it goes a little something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRQsQxB6a7s&feature=related

edit: minus the last few seconds

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:39 am

I'm hoping to see that big envelope tomorrow here in South Bend, but maybe Saturday or Monday...hopefully they actually put the letter in the mail on 2/9

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:23 pm

Dinged with 3.66/168, very surprised but the cycle going well otherwise. Could it possibly be a result of me transferring out of BC after freshman year (I'm still in undergrad)?

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Veritas » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:24 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:Dinged with 3.66/168, very surprised but the cycle going well otherwise. Could it possibly be a result of me transferring out of BC after freshman year (I'm still in undergrad)?

:shock: whoa, sorry to hear. That's really random and give me no hope...

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:59 pm

Veritas wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:Dinged with 3.66/168, very surprised but the cycle going well otherwise. Could it possibly be a result of me transferring out of BC after freshman year (I'm still in undergrad)?

:shock: whoa, sorry to hear. That's really random and give me no hope...


It's ok, although I definitely wanted a Boston option and I didn't apply to BU (my fault, but I never wanted to go there). I hope ND doesn't turn out the same way.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:03 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
Veritas wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:Dinged with 3.66/168, very surprised but the cycle going well otherwise. Could it possibly be a result of me transferring out of BC after freshman year (I'm still in undergrad)?

:shock: whoa, sorry to hear. That's really random and give me no hope...


It's ok, although I definitely wanted a Boston option and I didn't apply to BU (my fault, but I never wanted to go there). I hope ND doesn't turn out the same way.

That's awful! Well, best of luck with the rest of your cycle.

User avatar
bklyngreenlp
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby bklyngreenlp » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:28 pm

cherryalamode wrote:Would anyone happen to know the size of waitlist envelopes? I'm gonna take a wild guess that its the size of the rejection envelopes. OMG I can't believe I will be able to tell by the size of the envelope.

And no one knows the answer to my 2nd question? Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?



The waitlist letter comes in a small envelope, too. I has three pieces of paper in it (the letter, an FAQ, and a return form).

Cat210
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:50 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Cat210 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:41 pm

Decision Rendered 2/12... so nervous!
Complete 1/13

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby cherryalamode » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:43 pm

Cat210 wrote:Decision Rendered 2/12... so nervous!
Complete 1/13


What are your stats?

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby chicoalto0649 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:48 pm

bc law is soo unpredictable this cycle...for everybody. makes me respect them more. not like a school located in missouri that thinks everyone with a 167+ is qualfied....

Cat210
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:50 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Cat210 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:06 pm

Cat210 wrote:Decision Rendered 2/12... so nervous!
Complete 1/13


sorry....
166 3.6

User avatar
UFMatt
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:59 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby UFMatt » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:42 pm

Received scholarship in an email this afternoon. Just for reference, I was accepted about 3 1/2 weeks ago.

User avatar
mikcou
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:23 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby mikcou » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:01 pm

UFMatt wrote:Received scholarship in an email this afternoon. Just for reference, I was accepted about 3 1/2 weeks ago.


Mind telling me details/numbers? You could PM them.

BTW, I was a hold applicant and went DR today. Woot!

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:17 pm

UFMatt wrote:Received scholarship in an email this afternoon. Just for reference, I was accepted about 3 1/2 weeks ago.

Could you please send me a PM with your numbers? Thanks!!

User avatar
ccs224
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby ccs224 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:01 pm

Also got the scholarship email! It was for an "Alumni Scholarship" worth 28k a year. They mentioned that you had to confirm whether you will accept the scholarship or not within three weeks - does this mean also pledging to attend? The letter doesn't state that, but it would seem to imply it (otherwise, why would anyone decline?). I'm also wondering if this will disqualify me for consideration for the Public Service Scholarship...

Oi. Definitely excited about the scholarship offer, but I'm getting more and more anxious about making a final decision by the day.

PS - Stats in profile, background on LSN




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”