BC Law 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
blerg
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:52 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby blerg » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:48 pm

dakatz wrote:
sirchristaylor wrote:Who's going to ASW on 3/26?


I sorta have to decide between BC or BU's accepted students day on 3/26. BC only has that one date. BU has 3/26 and 4/9 but I'm at GW on 4/9. So I get to see 2 of the 3, but I need to choose between BC or BU. I almost want to do some sort of half and half day if I could manage that.



It probably wouldn't be too hard. They are really close to each other, even on public transit.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:05 pm

Just got BC ASD email...wooo. I'm pumped.

forty-two
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:33 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby forty-two » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:12 pm

tram988 wrote:
forty-two wrote:IN!!! Sooooo excited right now...yay!

Good luck everyone!

Congrats!! Thats awesome. Top choice?


Thanks! Right now it's one of my top choices, so I'm really excited to visit. My only problem is that BU and BC have their ASDs on the same day, and I really don't know what I'm going to do about that because I really like both of them. Does anyone have any advice? Should I just pick one ASD and visit the other school on another, normal day? Maybe I should I try to do what dakatz is doing and go to half of both, but then I don't know if I'll get the full experience at either, but then I also don't know how important the full experience is at these things. Decisions decisions.

Edit: Sorry for rambling...I'm just very happy/really confused.
Last edited by forty-two on Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:12 pm

forty-two wrote:
tram988 wrote:
forty-two wrote:IN!!! Sooooo excited right now...yay!

Good luck everyone!

Congrats!! Thats awesome. Top choice?


Thanks! Right now it's one of my top choices, so I'm really excited to visit. My only problem is that BU and BC have their ASDs on the same day, and I really don't know what I'm going to do about that because I really like both of them. Does anyone have any advice? Should I just pick one ASD and visit the other school on another, normal day? Maybe I should I try to do what dakatz is doing and go to half of both, but then I don't know if I'll get the full experience at either, but then I also don't know how important the full experience is at these things. Decisions decisions.

I think I would do a half day at each.

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby cherryalamode » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:38 pm

ORRR choose one for ASW day and go to one NOT on the ASW day.

They basically show you around and talk about all these things you can do on your own time, if you take the bull by the horns, so to speak. :) You're super lucky you get to choose. I really hope that I get into ONE, let alone both, lol.

Fef619
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Fef619 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:51 pm

lowest lsat bc will allow? just out of curiosity. non URM too.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:46 pm

Fef619 wrote:lowest lsat bc will allow? just out of curiosity. non URM too.


Hard to say...Check LSN out

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby cherryalamode » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:47 pm

.
Last edited by cherryalamode on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:49 pm

cherryalamode wrote:
Fef619 wrote:lowest lsat bc will allow? just out of curiosity. non URM too.


Their 25th % is 162 but for some reason, they seem more picky than BU, so I don't know if I'm right. Anyone get that impression as well?

What I hate about these 25-75 %iles is that it includes URM and many URMs are accepted with lower end numbers, which makes me wonder if, as a non-URM, I have a chance if MY LSAT is sitting at the 25%ile mark...

Their current 25th is a 163, median 166, and 75th 167

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby cherryalamode » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:51 pm

tram988 wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:
Fef619 wrote:lowest lsat bc will allow? just out of curiosity. non URM too.


Their 25th % is 162 but for some reason, they seem more picky than BU, so I don't know if I'm right. Anyone get that impression as well?

What I hate about these 25-75 %iles is that it includes URM and many URMs are accepted with lower end numbers, which makes me wonder if, as a non-URM, I have a chance if MY LSAT is sitting at the 25%ile mark...

Their current 25th is a 163, median 166, and 75th 167



Ah crap... whyyyyy?!?!?!?

Where can I get the most recent stats? Because TLS sites 162. So does LSN, I think...
Last edited by cherryalamode on Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:52 pm

cherryalamode wrote:
tram988 wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:
Fef619 wrote:lowest lsat bc will allow? just out of curiosity. non URM too.


Their 25th % is 162 but for some reason, they seem more picky than BU, so I don't know if I'm right. Anyone get that impression as well?

What I hate about these 25-75 %iles is that it includes URM and many URMs are accepted with lower end numbers, which makes me wonder if, as a non-URM, I have a chance if MY LSAT is sitting at the 25%ile mark...

Their current 25th is a 163, median 166, and 75th 167



Ah crap... whyyyyy?!?!?!?


haha check this out: http://www.bc.edu/schools/law/admission/profile.html

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby cherryalamode » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:59 pm

tram988 wrote:
haha check this out: http://www.bc.edu/schools/law/admission/profile.html



.
Last edited by cherryalamode on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:00 pm

cherryalamode wrote:
tram988 wrote:
haha check this out: http://www.bc.edu/schools/law/admission/profile.html



SIGH. I'm at 25th%ile then. I hate just "scrapping by"....

look at my lsn in profile

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby cherryalamode » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:11 pm

tram988 wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:
tram988 wrote:
haha check this out: http://www.bc.edu/schools/law/admission/profile.html



SIGH. I'm at 25th%ile then. I hate just "scrapping by"....

look at my lsn in profile

.
Last edited by cherryalamode on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:13 pm

cherryalamode wrote:
tram988 wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:
tram988 wrote:
haha check this out: http://www.bc.edu/schools/law/admission/profile.html



SIGH. I'm at 25th%ile then. I hate just "scrapping by"....

look at my lsn in profile


I think I love you, lol. My GPA is 3.82.... got some pretty strong softs/WE, In my opinion...

you give me hope, lol...

I wish you the best man. My softs +gpa saved my ass lol. Keep me posted!

God I love BC!!

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby cherryalamode » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:13 pm

tram988 wrote:I wish you the best man. My softs +gpa saved my ass lol. Keep me posted!

God I love BC!!



Im not a man, lol.

But thanks!

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:14 pm

cherryalamode wrote:
tram988 wrote:I wish you the best man. My softs +gpa saved my ass lol. Keep me posted!

God I love BC!!



Im not a man, lol.

But thanks!


I wish you the best WOMAN!

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby cherryalamode » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:17 pm

tram988 wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:
tram988 wrote:I wish you the best man. My softs +gpa saved my ass lol. Keep me posted!

God I love BC!!



Im not a man, lol.

But thanks!


I wish you the best WOMAN!


Thaaanks. I went complete 1/21 so I got a ways to go.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:19 pm

I hope you hear soon. I think early March? Is BC a top choice? We are dominating this thread tonight. Did you visit the school yet? I'm going the 15th and sitting in on a class-- very exciting. You should do the same! Maybe you could wiggle into a meeting with an admissions counselor...

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby cherryalamode » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:23 pm

tram988 wrote:I hope you hear soon. I think early March? Is BC a top choice? We are dominating this thread tonight. Did you visit the school yet? I'm going the 15th and sitting in on a class-- very exciting. You should do the same! Maybe you could wiggle into a meeting with an admissions counselor...


I wasn't planning on going up there unless I was accepted. I hope I will have an acceptance, and I also hope it'll be by early March.


And yes, BC is one of my top choices.

Oops, edited to ask if BC is a top choice for you as well...

forty-two
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:33 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby forty-two » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:42 pm

cherryalamode wrote:ORRR choose one for ASW day and go to one NOT on the ASW day.

They basically show you around and talk about all these things you can do on your own time, if you take the bull by the horns, so to speak. :) You're super lucky you get to choose. I really hope that I get into ONE, let alone both, lol.


Yeah, that seems like it would be way easier. Now I just have to decide which one. Also, thanks! I'm really happy that I get to make this decision and I know that I'm very lucky to be confused about what to do right now.

Good luck! BC seems to really be taking the holistic approach this cycle, so I think your softs will definitely help.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:44 pm

forty-two wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:ORRR choose one for ASW day and go to one NOT on the ASW day.

They basically show you around and talk about all these things you can do on your own time, if you take the bull by the horns, so to speak. :) You're super lucky you get to choose. I really hope that I get into ONE, let alone both, lol.


Yeah, that seems like it would be way easier. Now I just have to decide which one. Also, thanks! I'm really happy that I get to make this decision and I know that I'm very lucky to be confused about what to do right now.

Good luck! BC seems to really be taking the holistic approach this cycle, so I think your softs will definitely help.

Take BC duhhh :P

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby cherryalamode » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:56 pm

tram988 wrote:
forty-two wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:ORRR choose one for ASW day and go to one NOT on the ASW day.

They basically show you around and talk about all these things you can do on your own time, if you take the bull by the horns, so to speak. :) You're super lucky you get to choose. I really hope that I get into ONE, let alone both, lol.


Yeah, that seems like it would be way easier. Now I just have to decide which one. Also, thanks! I'm really happy that I get to make this decision and I know that I'm very lucky to be confused about what to do right now.

Good luck! BC seems to really be taking the holistic approach this cycle, so I think your softs will definitely help.

Take BC duhhh :P


Objective much? Haha...

Personally if I were in your shoes, it would definitely be difficult to make this decision. You know everything there is to know already, I'm sure, so it really gets down to what you want to make out of your ASW day

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:59 pm

Hey it's hard to remain objective at this point. I've visited both the schools and absolutely fell in love with BC. And besides, this is the BC thread! :P I agree with what you said, however.

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby cherryalamode » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:01 pm

tram988 wrote:Hey it's hard to remain objective at this point. I've visited both the schools and absolutely fell in love with BC. And besides, this is the BC thread! :P


Yea a lot of people like BC over BU and I'm wondering if that's because BC has a campus and BU really doesn't. It's a huge factor to many people, whether they admit it or not.

I mean what else could it be? Maybe the reputed "friendlier" atmosphere...?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], JazzyMac and 3 guests