BC Law 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:17 pm

goingoingone wrote:
tram988 wrote:
goingoingone wrote:Waitlisted. 161/3.94 DR 1/19

Getting to work on my LOCI now...

Good luck :)


Thanks. I'm going to need it!


You never know!

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:17 pm

Robin I'm hoping for you..

User avatar
daniel5215
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:25 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby daniel5215 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:54 pm

Xiaolong wrote:
daniel5215 wrote:
rufferoo wrote:
AlanShore wrote:im hoping mine arrives tomorrow. (dr 1/20)


me too.. i cant wait any longer.... but im international.. gotta wait a week or 2 :( ... i wonder if they would tell me if i called after a week or so...
(i'm dr1/20 too)

dun worry, as they'll write an email notification in one week or so as they did to me. but i still haven't received my admit package yet. They said it was returned and sent out again around 2 weeks ago. btw i'm a chinese int'l applicant.


Hey fellow intl applicant. BC is on the top of my list too and I really hope to get in. Do you know anything about sholarship money? I read on the website that BC offers no aid (neither need based nor merit) to intl. students. That sucks pretty hard since BC at sticker would make me feel a little uncomfortable... :lol:

i emailed them about scholarships. And they told me they offer merit-based grants to int'l apps, which is up to 30k per yr

rufferoo
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby rufferoo » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:48 am

daniel5215 wrote:
rufferoo wrote:
AlanShore wrote:im hoping mine arrives tomorrow. (dr 1/20)


me too.. i cant wait any longer.... but im international.. gotta wait a week or 2 :( ... i wonder if they would tell me if i called after a week or so...
(i'm dr1/20 too)

dun worry, as they'll write an email notification in one week or so as they did to me. but i still haven't received my admit package yet. They said it was returned and sent out again around 2 weeks ago. btw i'm a chinese int'l applicant.


really!
ohh, i see.. thanks. thats good to know.

so I assume you got in already eh? good job man!
aww man.. im scarreed....
i want to find out NOW!!!

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Cupidity » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:00 pm

robin600 wrote:I'm worried that I'm the only one for DR 1/22...


Unlike Georgetown that seems to be mailing in massive batches, 1/14 A, 1/15 WL, 1/21 :cry: me, BC sends to actually be rolling them out. Sending out a bunch each day, no real correlation to decision type.

User avatar
daniel5215
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:25 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby daniel5215 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:13 pm

rufferoo wrote:
daniel5215 wrote:
rufferoo wrote:
AlanShore wrote:im hoping mine arrives tomorrow. (dr 1/20)


me too.. i cant wait any longer.... but im international.. gotta wait a week or 2 :( ... i wonder if they would tell me if i called after a week or so...
(i'm dr1/20 too)

dun worry, as they'll write an email notification in one week or so as they did to me. but i still haven't received my admit package yet. They said it was returned and sent out again around 2 weeks ago. btw i'm a chinese int'l applicant.


really!
ohh, i see.. thanks. thats good to know.

so I assume you got in already eh? good job man!
aww man.. im scarreed....
i want to find out NOW!!!

you definitely should call them or write them an email to see if they will email you your decision. I'm an EA applicant, so I don't know if it is the same to regular applicants. Just got my packet today, so exciting!!

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby robin600 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:24 pm

tram988 wrote:Robin I'm hoping for you..

Thanks tram!!!! I'm hoping for me too lol

dgore
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:14 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby dgore » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:28 pm

DR on 1/20/10
Above 75th percentile LSAT, Above 25th percentile LGPA.
Waitlisted.

statuscheckerssuck
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:31 pm

Waitlisted

acecrusher06
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby acecrusher06 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:53 pm

has any hold applicants received word from BC yet?

User avatar
Notor
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Notor » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:01 pm

acecrusher06 wrote:has any hold applicants received word from BC yet?

Nope... says we will all know by the 26th of February though.

J-tow10
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby J-tow10 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:42 pm

Is the general consensus for EA applicants that they will send out all EA decisions on the 26th like they did back in December?

Also, anyone EA people who have been held actually visit BC? I'm going in two weeks.

User avatar
UFMatt
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:59 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby UFMatt » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:48 pm

DR 1/19. IN today via mail in Florida. Good luck to everyone else either waiting or waitlisted.

User avatar
antler
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:27 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby antler » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:08 pm

DR 1/19, 164/3.37, WL. Happy to avoid a straight out rejection. Also, very happy that I signed up to retake the LSAT in February. Hopefully an improved score will help me get off the WL.

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Burger in a can » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:07 pm

Ding-a-ling-a-ling! Rejected! But I can't be too dramatic about it because I've had a great cycle so far otherwise. Congrats to all of you who are headed to BC in the fall! :D

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby chicoalto0649 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:10 pm

Status
Term: Fall Year: 2010
Program Time: Full Time Degree: JD
Current Status: Your application has been completed.
Current Status Date: 1/19/2010
Decision Status: Pending Decision
Decision Status Date: 1/4/2010


Anyone know what this means? How long have people been on the "pending decision" point?

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:12 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:Status
Term: Fall Year: 2010
Program Time: Full Time Degree: JD
Current Status: Your application has been completed.
Current Status Date: 1/19/2010
Decision Status: Pending Decision
Decision Status Date: 1/4/2010


Anyone know what this means? How long have people been on the "pending decision" point?


It starts out at pending decision. I was PD from 11/12 until 1/19, when it finally changed to decision rendered.

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:17 pm

Sigh, just checked the mail. DR 1/19, WL.

rufferoo
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby rufferoo » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:22 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:Status
Term: Fall Year: 2010
Program Time: Full Time Degree: JD
Current Status: Your application has been completed.
Current Status Date: 1/19/2010
Decision Status: Pending Decision
Decision Status Date: 1/4/2010


Anyone know what this means? How long have people been on the "pending decision" point?


It starts out at pending decision. I was PD from 11/12 until 1/19, when it finally changed to decision rendered.


was i ever "pending decision"??? i'm decision rendered right now... and still waiting for my mail to arrive.
hahahah.. i hope i wasnt automatically rejected!.. i dont remember being pending..

User avatar
whuts4lunch
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:54 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby whuts4lunch » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:25 pm

Waitlisted with 167, 3.28. Others on LSN with those numbers were outright rejected, so I'm taking the waitlist as a good sign for things to come.

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby JusticeHarlan » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:27 pm

UFMatt wrote:DR 1/19. IN today via mail in Florida. Good luck to everyone else either waiting or waitlisted.

Congrats, and to all the other acceptances!

Guess this proves that BC sends out mixed batches, so that'll be useful info to everyone else down the line.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:22 pm

Burger in a can wrote:Ding-a-ling-a-ling! Rejected! But I can't be too dramatic about it because I've had a great cycle so far otherwise. Congrats to all of you who are headed to BC in the fall! :D

NOO this can't be happening. I'm so sorry man....

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby robin600 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:43 pm

Nothing in the mail for me today! I can expect my Vandy waitlist and my BC ding in the same day, yay!

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Burger in a can » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:27 pm

tram988 wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:Ding-a-ling-a-ling! Rejected! But I can't be too dramatic about it because I've had a great cycle so far otherwise. Congrats to all of you who are headed to BC in the fall! :D

NOO this can't be happening. I'm so sorry man....


Thanks for your condolences Tram, but BC was always kind of a reach for me so I don't mind too much. If UConn would hurry up and make some decisions I might feel a little better... Anyway, congrats/good luck to everyone. :)

User avatar
daniel5215
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:25 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby daniel5215 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:34 pm

Burger in a can wrote:Ding-a-ling-a-ling! Rejected! But I can't be too dramatic about it because I've had a great cycle so far otherwise. Congrats to all of you who are headed to BC in the fall! :D

oh....sorry to hear that. you've been great burger.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Keilz, spursforever, Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests