BC Law 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
amichig
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:01 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby amichig » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:48 pm

AlanShore wrote:the people have DR 1/20.. what are your numbers?

mine 167, 3.5-3.6



160, 3.5 URM...do you think I'm in?

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:48 pm

AlanShore wrote:dr today..................


Good luck!!

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby AlanShore » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:50 pm

amichig wrote:
AlanShore wrote:the people have DR 1/20.. what are your numbers?

mine 167, 3.5-3.6



160, 3.5 URM...do you think I'm in?

I honestly dont have a good grasp of URM but i would say yes.

lfgsuperman
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:39 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby lfgsuperman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:51 pm

Does anybody know why BC is Rejecting more people than Wash U is this cycle even though Wash U is higher ranked? Or, is it that Wash U is more friendly to URMs than BC is?

User avatar
gator06
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:05 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby gator06 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:53 pm

lfgsuperman wrote:Does anybody know why BC is Rejecting more people than Wash U is this cycle even though Wash U is higher ranked? Or, is it that Wash U is more friendly to URMs than BC is?

Don't ever use a preposition to end a sentence with!

lfgsuperman
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:39 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby lfgsuperman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:54 pm

gator06 wrote:
lfgsuperman wrote:Does anybody know why BC is Rejecting more people than Wash U is this cycle even though Wash U is higher ranked? Or, is it that Wash U is more friendly to URMs than BC is?

Don't ever use a preposition to end a sentence with!


sorry mental blurb :)

lietx3
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby lietx3 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:36 pm

goingoingone wrote:I would like to make this assumption, but I have my doubts. I'm in the DR 1/19 group too, and I'm only 161/3.94. I could be wrong about my chances, as some people with similar numbers have already gotten in, but I'm not holding my breath. (I am crossing my fingers, though, for all of us.)


DR 1/19 as well 164/3.8 not as solid as those damn 170'ers. In Boston also so hopefully I get it soon.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby robin600 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:51 pm

For all those who just went DR when did y'all go complete, I'm still waiting and I've been complete since 11/8 just curious to how much longer the wait will be for me

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby JusticeHarlan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:54 pm

robin600 wrote:For all those who just went DR when did y'all go complete, I'm still waiting and I've been complete since 11/8 just curious to how much longer the wait will be for me

Complete 11/20, DR 1/19

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:59 pm

robin600 wrote:For all those who just went DR when did y'all go complete, I'm still waiting and I've been complete since 11/8 just curious to how much longer the wait will be for me


Complete 11/12, DR 1/19.

User avatar
antler
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:27 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby antler » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:02 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:
robin600 wrote:For all those who just went DR when did y'all go complete, I'm still waiting and I've been complete since 11/8 just curious to how much longer the wait will be for me

Complete 11/20, DR 1/19


+1

J-tow10
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby J-tow10 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:21 pm

Has anyone visited BC yet this cycle? I'm planning on visiting at the beginning of next month and was wondering how other peoples' visits went.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:23 pm

have people's statuses been changing throughout the day or all around the same time?

statuscheckerssuck
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:24 pm

Decision rendered today

stats 3.8/166

Has BC been sending out the same type of decision in batches? Is it likely that all those DR today have the same decision whether it be admit/WL/ding?

lfgsuperman
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:39 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby lfgsuperman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:28 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:Decision rendered today

stats 3.8/166

Has BC been sending out the same type of decision in batches? Is it likely that all those DR today have the same decision whether it be admit/WL/ding?



UFMatt wrote: It looks like (unlike Vanderbilt) BC sends out mixed decisions if LSN is to be believed.

lfgsuperman wrote: How do you know that Vandy sends out their decisions in batches?

UFMatt wrote: Everyone who had a decision mailed 1/12 at Vandy was WL or reject. Everyone on the 14th was accepted. Its def in batches.

statuscheckerssuck
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:32 pm

lfgsuperman wrote:
statuscheckerssuck wrote:Decision rendered today

stats 3.8/166

Has BC been sending out the same type of decision in batches? Is it likely that all those DR today have the same decision whether it be admit/WL/ding?



UFMatt wrote: It looks like (unlike Vanderbilt) BC sends out mixed decisions if LSN is to be believed.

lfgsuperman wrote: How do you know that Vandy sends out their decisions in batches?

UFMatt wrote: Everyone who had a decision mailed 1/12 at Vandy was WL or reject. Everyone on the 14th was accepted. Its def in batches.


Thanks. I was one of the Waitlist batch at Vandy, but it was nice to kind of know what to expect ahead of time. Guess that will not be the case here.

lfgsuperman
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:39 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby lfgsuperman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:34 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:
lfgsuperman wrote:
statuscheckerssuck wrote:Decision rendered today

stats 3.8/166

Has BC been sending out the same type of decision in batches? Is it likely that all those DR today have the same decision whether it be admit/WL/ding?



UFMatt wrote: It looks like (unlike Vanderbilt) BC sends out mixed decisions if LSN is to be believed.

lfgsuperman wrote: How do you know that Vandy sends out their decisions in batches?

UFMatt wrote: Everyone who had a decision mailed 1/12 at Vandy was WL or reject. Everyone on the 14th was accepted. Its def in batches.


Thanks. I was one of the Waitlist batch at Vandy, but it was nice to kind of know what to expect ahead of time. Guess that will not be the case here.


Probably not man. Good luck!

lawyerlover
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:55 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby lawyerlover » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:40 pm

AlanShore wrote:
amichig wrote:
AlanShore wrote:the people have DR 1/20.. what are your numbers?

mine 167, 3.5-3.6



160, 3.5 URM...do you think I'm in?

I honestly dont have a good grasp of URM but i would say yes.



I dont know what to tell you i got waitlisted and I am a URM 164 3.4 top 20 undergrad.... i fear all bets are off this year.

lfgsuperman
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:39 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby lfgsuperman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:43 pm

lawyerlover wrote:
AlanShore wrote:
amichig wrote:
AlanShore wrote:the people have DR 1/20.. what are your numbers?

mine 167, 3.5-3.6



160, 3.5 URM...do you think I'm in?

I honestly dont have a good grasp of URM but i would say yes.



I dont know what to tell you i got waitlisted and I am a URM 164 3.4 top 20 undergrad.... i fear all bets are off this year.


With your stats I can pretty much bank on my BC letter being a rejection. :cry: Oh well, I still have 6 schools I'm waiting on.

User avatar
sirchristaylor
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby sirchristaylor » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:52 pm

Have hope. I was accepted with a 3.95, 161. :D

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:53 pm

have any held people heard back?

dnesto01
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:39 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby dnesto01 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:54 pm

Went DR 1/19. In nyc, anyone have any idea how long it will take to get the letter?

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby AlanShore » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:55 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:Decision rendered today

stats 3.8/166

Has BC been sending out the same type of decision in batches? Is it likely that all those DR today have the same decision whether it be admit/WL/ding?

similar stats to you. based on LSN, bc doesnt send in batches. looks like it could be wl, ding, or acceptance.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:13 pm

just went DR with date 1/21. If today was all acceptances, not feeling good about tomorrow. It was a reach anyhow.

Also, I'm sure it's been discussed before, but what type of envelopes do acceptances / WLs / rejections come in?
Last edited by H. E. Pennypacker on Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Cupidity » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:16 pm

DR, 166, 3.87 +nice softs. Complete on or about 11/15




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], spursforever and 24 guests