BC Law 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby JusticeHarlan » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:54 pm

likeaspark wrote:I'm also DR 1/19. 171, 3.74. Best of luck to all!

I know its a big assumption to assume that everyone who got the same DR date will have the same decision, but I think DR 1/19 is shaping up to be a solid group.

(Or at least I hope so.)

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:54 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:
likeaspark wrote:I'm also DR 1/19. 171, 3.74. Best of luck to all!

I know its a big assumption to assume that everyone who got the same DR date will have the same decision, but I think DR 1/19 is shaping up to be a solid group.

(Or at least I hope so.)


Agreed.

User avatar
antler
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:27 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby antler » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:20 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:
likeaspark wrote:I'm also DR 1/19. 171, 3.74. Best of luck to all!

I know its a big assumption to assume that everyone who got the same DR date will have the same decision, but I think DR 1/19 is shaping up to be a solid group.

(Or at least I hope so.)


As much as I'd like this assumption to be correct, I also went DR today, and my numbers are 164/3.37. I have my fingers crossed for a WL, but am expecting a ding.

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby JusticeHarlan » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:43 pm

antler wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:
likeaspark wrote:I'm also DR 1/19. 171, 3.74. Best of luck to all!

I know its a big assumption to assume that everyone who got the same DR date will have the same decision, but I think DR 1/19 is shaping up to be a solid group.

(Or at least I hope so.)


As much as I'd like this assumption to be correct, I also went DR today, and my numbers are 164/3.37. I have my fingers crossed for a WL, but am expecting a ding.

Hmm, interesting, thanks for putting up your numbers, more data is always good. It's very possible it could be a mixed batch, or a WL batch. I guess we'll have to wait a bit to find out.

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby chicoalto0649 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:57 pm

Scott Brown is a BC Law alumnist.


Discuss...

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby AlanShore » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:05 am

chicoalto0649 wrote:Scott Brown is a BC Law alumnist.


Discuss...

sad day here in mass.

scott brown's daughter was on american idol. also discuss.

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby chicoalto0649 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:08 am

AlanShore wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:Scott Brown is a BC Law alumnist.


Discuss...

sad day here in mass.

scott brown's daughter was on american idol. also discuss.


How's she looking?

BTW

I'm a dem, but Martha Coakley is a dolt. From the sounds of it, she ran a completely lackluster, disorganized campaign. Seriously, who doesn't poll until the last two weeks of a campaign???

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby AlanShore » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:10 am

chicoalto0649 wrote:
AlanShore wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:Scott Brown is a BC Law alumnist.


Discuss...

sad day here in mass.

scott brown's daughter was on american idol. also discuss.


How's she looking?

BTW

I'm a dem, but Martha Coakley is a dolt. From the sounds of it, she ran a completely lackluster, disorganized campaign. Seriously, who doesn't poll until the last two weeks of a campaign???

She got knocked off. I didnt watch, i just read about her.

I'm a dem, a liberal even but Coakley SUCKED. god. what a disgrace. I didnt like her but voted for her for the sake of health care. Thats all over now.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:32 am

This is great-- now BC Law has two senators :)

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:48 am

His daughter is Ayla Brown, she plays basketball for BC and finished 13th on American Idol. She went to nearby Noble and Greenough school.

User avatar
Katerina
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:54 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Katerina » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:46 am

tram988 wrote:This is great-- now BC Law has two senators :)


+1 :mrgreen:

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:11 am

Katerina wrote:
tram988 wrote:This is great-- now BC Law has two senators :)


+1 :mrgreen:


It's great how both active senators from Mass. are BC Law alumni

User avatar
The Pen Is Mightier
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby The Pen Is Mightier » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:52 pm

To any who might know, has BC been YP'ing people so far this cycle? I'm a splitter so there might be no such thing as YP in my case, but my numbers do put me (somewhat) comfortably in the range of higher ranked schools such as GULC. To be honest though, for a variety of personal reasons, I'm sort of more excited about BC than GULC (personal ties to Boston/total lack of desire to get into government or political scene in DC/etc.)

Should I be worried about YP?

goingoingone
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 12:23 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby goingoingone » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:02 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:
likeaspark wrote:I'm also DR 1/19. 171, 3.74. Best of luck to all!

I know its a big assumption to assume that everyone who got the same DR date will have the same decision, but I think DR 1/19 is shaping up to be a solid group.

(Or at least I hope so.)


I would like to make this assumption, but I have my doubts. I'm in the DR 1/19 group too, and I'm only 161/3.94. I could be wrong about my chances, as some people with similar numbers have already gotten in, but I'm not holding my breath. (I am crossing my fingers, though, for all of us.)

lfgsuperman
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:39 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby lfgsuperman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:18 pm

DR today. Not feeling too good about it. :cry: I'm thinking most people in the DR 1/19 group are acceptances and I'm a flat rejection.

User avatar
UFMatt
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:59 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby UFMatt » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:27 pm

It looks like (unlike Vanderbilt) BC sends out mixed decisions if LSN is to be believed.

lfgsuperman
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:39 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby lfgsuperman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:32 pm

UFMatt wrote:It looks like (unlike Vanderbilt) BC sends out mixed decisions if LSN is to be believed.



How do you know that Vandy sends out their decisions in batches?

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby dakatz » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:33 pm

lfgsuperman wrote:
UFMatt wrote:It looks like (unlike Vanderbilt) BC sends out mixed decisions if LSN is to be believed.



How do you know that Vandy sends out their decisions in batches?


Everyone who had a decision mailed 1/12 at Vandy was WL or reject. Everyone on the 14th was accepted. Its def in batches.

lfgsuperman
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:39 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby lfgsuperman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:34 pm

dakatz wrote:
lfgsuperman wrote:
UFMatt wrote:It looks like (unlike Vanderbilt) BC sends out mixed decisions if LSN is to be believed.



How do you know that Vandy sends out their decisions in batches?


Everyone who had a decision mailed 1/12 at Vandy was WL or reject. Everyone on the 14th was accepted. Its def in batches.


thanks

trekstar
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:37 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby trekstar » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:39 pm

lfgsuperman wrote:DR today. Not feeling too good about it. :cry: I'm thinking most people in the DR 1/19 group are acceptances and I'm a flat rejection.


I'm feeling the same. Pretty much expecting a rejection letter in the next few days. Praying for a waitlist though!!!!

lfgsuperman
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:39 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby lfgsuperman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:41 pm

trekstar wrote:
lfgsuperman wrote:DR today. Not feeling too good about it. :cry: I'm thinking most people in the DR 1/19 group are acceptances and I'm a flat rejection.


I'm feeling the same. Pretty much expecting a rejection letter in the next few days. Praying for a waitlist though!!!!


lol I've been praying every hour on the hour for a BC WL

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby AlanShore » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:44 pm

dr today..................

amichig
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:01 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby amichig » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:45 pm

Just checked my status checker and have DR 1/20. Finally some movement with my applications! I think I have a pretty decent shot at admit.

The question is how long from Boston to AZ? Please come to me before Sunday!

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:45 pm

amichig wrote:Just checked my status checker and have DR 1/20. Finally some movement with my applications! I think I have a pretty decent shot at admit.

The question is how long from Boston to AZ? Please come to me before Sunday!


I'm in AZ too! I was DR yesterday, so I guess we'll find out!

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby AlanShore » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:46 pm

..
Last edited by AlanShore on Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, malysh and 18 guests