BC Law 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
TWoodWil
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:19 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby TWoodWil » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:27 pm

tram988 wrote:
TWoodWil wrote:REJECTED

At best I was expected a WL, so it's no big loss. Plus, for me it was one of those "Well that's nice" not a heart-set-on-it school.

wow #'s?? Sorry man


161/3.7/Masters Degree/URM

This is a no pity zone - I'm not going for BigLaw, so I'm not all hung up on location or USNWR rankings. Strength of faculty, administrative law, and international law faculty strength is what I'm looking for. Call me crazy, but BC would have had to have given me a really sweet deal for me to go there over WCL (or another VA/DC area school).

My commiserations go to those that want the Boston-area biglaw and/or were set on BC, and especially those with numbers that should add up to an acceptance but were WL'd or rejected.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:32 pm

TWoodWil wrote:
tram988 wrote:
TWoodWil wrote:REJECTED

At best I was expected a WL, so it's no big loss. Plus, for me it was one of those "Well that's nice" not a heart-set-on-it school.

wow #'s?? Sorry man


161/3.7/Masters Degree/URM

This is a no pity zone - I'm not going for BigLaw, so I'm not all hung up on location or USNWR rankings. Strength of faculty, administrative law, and international law faculty strength is what I'm looking for. Call me crazy, but BC would have had to have given me a really sweet deal for me to go there over WCL (or another VA/DC area school).

My commiserations go to those that want the Boston-area biglaw and/or were set on BC, and especially those with numbers that should add up to an acceptance but were WL'd or rejected.


Good luck in your future endeavors!

holidayfromreal
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby holidayfromreal » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:21 pm

dakatz wrote:
MissLucky wrote:
sand87632 wrote:
doopwooper wrote:Waitlisted...

167/3.9

I'm a little surprised by this... I'm probably going to withdraw.


Whoa dude, that is crazy. Did you get your app in late? Do you think there was some major typos or grammatical errors. That is very odd. So sorry!


it's a clear YP i believe


His numbers aren't high enough to be YP. I know people with numbers right around his, and higher who got in. I think people on here rely a bit too heavily on numbers. Obviously numbers are important, but schools get too many high-numbers applicants to accept every single one. Inevitably they need to reject some people who are boring applicants, have application typos, come off as arrogant in the PS, don't have any extracurricular experience, didn't challenge themselves in school, etc. Don't be so amazed when someone with numbers above the medians gets rejected, because he could be guilty of any of the above, or any number of different things that could get a high-number applicant rejected.


I was waitlisted too 168/3.66. Honestly my softs are pretty strong and have helped me at most other schools where I was border so I genuinely am surprised. Sorry to anyone who's in the same boat

doopwooper
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby doopwooper » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:40 pm

167/3.9 ... Waitlisted. Found out yesterday. I am genuinely surprised. I know my lsat isn't amazing, but I have pretty good softs, a really good gpa and I've been accepted to better schools w/ scholarships.
Going to withdraw, so good luck to everyone else!

Split5
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:49 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Split5 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:50 pm

Waitlisted over their 95th percentile on LSP.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:49 pm

Split5 wrote:Waitlisted over their 95th percentile on LSP.

Wow I cant believe it lol

User avatar
Notor
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby Notor » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:54 pm

Guess BC decided to serve up some humble pie with this batch... sucks.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:55 pm

hahaha humble pie

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby traehekat » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:03 pm

doopwooper wrote:167/3.9 ... Waitlisted. Found out yesterday. I am genuinely surprised. I know my lsat isn't amazing, but I have pretty good softs, a really good gpa and I've been accepted to better schools w/ scholarships.
Going to withdraw, so good luck to everyone else!


You sure you don't have a history of like, killing babies or something?

Best of luck, though! At least you can sleep well knowing you have some nice acceptances in your pocket.

holidayfromreal
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby holidayfromreal » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:31 pm

Split5 wrote:Waitlisted over their 95th percentile on LSP.


How do you figure that out? Sorry I'm not familiar with LSP

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:14 am

I hope we start hearing some better news soon!

User avatar
sirchristaylor
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby sirchristaylor » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:01 am

sayruss11 wrote:
sirchristaylor wrote:In with a 161, 3.95, non URM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


You give me hope!
161/3.92 and still waiting...


Keep hope alive!!!

User avatar
anniesaysrelax
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:04 am

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby anniesaysrelax » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:21 am

WL today with a 167/3.74 and was pretty surprised by it. I don't have any extraordinary softs, but I feel like my resume and transcript are pretty strong. I've already been accepted with $$ at BU, so I'll be withdrawing as soon as I get my letter from my parents. BU was my first choice between the two schools and I didn't really see myself at BC, so I guess it makes that decision a little easier. Oh well, your loss BC!

User avatar
paminator
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby paminator » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:45 am

Accepted.

Submitted 11/16/09.
Complete 12/1/09.
Decision Rendered 1/14/10.
Envelope received 1/16/10.
Last edited by paminator on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby tram988 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:50 am

paminator wrote:Accepted.

Submitted 11/16/09.
Complete 12/1/09.
Decision Rendered 1/14/10.
Envelope received 1/16/10.

3.73 + 166

White female, 4 years out of college


Congrats!!

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:39 pm

stop sending me goddamn financial aid emails BC! Accept me first!

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby MissLucky » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:40 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:stop sending me goddamn financial aid emails BC! Accept me first!


lol +1

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:43 pm

MissLucky wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:stop sending me goddamn financial aid emails BC! Accept me first!


lol +1


+2

User avatar
UFMatt
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:59 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby UFMatt » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:44 pm

No kidding. Seeing those 2 emails, my initial reaction was "oh wow, they not only are notifying me of acceptance, but also discussing scholarships." :)

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:45 pm

UFMatt wrote:No kidding. Seeing those 2 emails, my initial reaction was "oh wow, they not only are notifying me of acceptance, but also discussing scholarships." :)


seriously. what is there deal.

Nancy have you changed your avatar in celebration of the latest season of weeds on dvd?

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:54 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Nancy have you changed your avatar in celebration of the latest season of weeds on dvd?


Oh, is it out now? No, I just changed it because the other one was getting old.

User avatar
lawgirl99
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby lawgirl99 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:59 pm

My status date hasn't changed since 11/16 and I took the December LSAT. All my other apps were updated except for BC....my numbers are below the 25th for LSAT and at the median for GPA. I just want to get my rejection already and move on!! What's taking so long??

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:04 pm

My status date is still 11/12 complete. :|

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:08 pm

Anyone know when BC usually sends out scholarships? I did a quick check of last year's LSN but didn't come up with much.

goblue2010
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: BC Law 2010

Postby goblue2010 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:19 pm

i called today - they said merit aid goes out perhaps late january, but most go out in february!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Assasindowntheavenue, BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?), Houzy, jjcorvino, malysh, mcvizz, pahuber2 and 25 guests